Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
NIV, The Case for the Resurrection, Paperback: A First-Century Investigative Reporter Probes History's Pivotal Event Paperback – February 28, 2010
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
The Case for the Resurrection, a ninety-six-page booklet from bestselling author Lee Strobel, provides new evidence that shines a fresh light on the Bible's most important story--the resurrection.Whether you're a pastor, layperson, student, parent, or grandparent â¦ leading up to the Easter holiday season is a time when millions of people are looking for engaging ways to bring the Easter story to life. The Case for the Resurrection is designed to help meet your needs by providing a compact, low-priced booklet with new evidence from Lee Strobel that shines a fresh light on the Bible's most important story--the resurrection. Featuring free NIV sample material from Strobel's new The Case for Christ Study Bible, the Easter story from the book of Luke with all study notes from The Case for Christ Study Bible linking into the story, and the most-read, most-trusted NIV Scripture text â¦ this small but powerful booklet will become required Easter reading for you year after year.
About the Author
Lee Strobel was the award-winning legal editor of The Chicago Tribune and is the bestselling author of The Case for Christ, The Case for Faith, The Case for a Creator, and The Case for Grace. With a journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale, Lee has won four Gold Medallions for publishing excellence and coauthored the Christian Book of the Year. He serves as Professor of Christian Thought at Houston Baptist University. Visit Lee's website at: leestrobel.com
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I understand that this is about faith which is about the complete absence of science or proof but I don't know who this booklet is intended for. Believers will not be learning anything they didn't already believe and skeptics won't be convinced of any new revelation.
1) Believing Christians, who don't really know why they are Christian. Or, Christians who have never delved deeply into The Word to understand the foundation of their faith. It is real. It is based on a solid event, that is documented.
2) A brand new Christian, who just yielded to Christ, through His/God's Holy Spirit, and is craving to understand Christian theology. As St. Paul wrote to the Corinthians, the resurrection of Christ is absolutely fundamental and the cornerstone to Christian faith. If Christ did not rise, proving He was God in the flesh, then Christians are following a nightmare instead of a dream.
3) Members of other faiths, who do not understand the concept of the Trinity in Christianity. This book presents the absolute core analysis of Christ's resurrection and its central pillar to the Christian faith. It illuminates the historical evidence of Christ's claim to be the one and only God of all creation, who took on human form, and proved it by rising from the dead. As a side effect, it demonstrates how Christianity is unique in its central philosophy and separate from all other world faiths.
4) A true agnostic, who is truthfully open minded versus those rationalizing their amoral behavior with empty rhetoric will find this book compelling evidence. Being open minded, this should lead the reader to investigate the claims of Christ further to make a more heart felt decision whether to yield to Him.
On top of all this, it is an easy and fast read. It also contains a biographical account of Mr. Strobel's journey as a type 4 student above.
This New book features:
Fresh insights from Lee Strobel's new "The Case for Christ Study Bible," as the author covers the story of Christ rising from the grave from the Gospel of Luke with outstanding notes from "The Case for Christ Study Bible." The proof is potent, the writing is engaging, and the author has a true passion for the subject.
Remember that the Apostles saw the risen Christ, touched the risen Christ, and died tortuous deaths proclaiming its truth when all thy had to do was deny it; yes many people die for lies, but no collective, diverse group of people die for what they Know is a complete lie.
Furthermore all known ancient documents that refer to the subject report an empty tomb. Even though the manner in which one accepts or rejects the evidence on the historicity of the ancient documents and other papyrus is controlled by one's presuppositions, the facts are mighty; the evidence is there, and is impressive, but there is an important distinction between proof and persuasion.
Note the evidence for the resurrection of Christ is:
- 100's of eyewitnesses testified under the threat of death that they saw the risen Jesus including 500 people at one time. All the apostles, except one, died a horrible death knowing they saw Jesus alive from the dead. 100's more died because they would not recant the fact that they saw the risen Jesus. Not one Apostle recanted to save himself from a torturous death.
- Only Christianity offers over three hundred predictions written down before Christ came and fulfilled exactly, most of which could not have been self-fulfilled.
Only Christ offers a confirmed resurrection of a Savior to demonstrate His authority. (Greek & other pseudo-resurrection gods were not historical figures, the only documents we have concerning the false gods/myths are documents dated 100's of years after Christianity.
- The resurrection was proclaimed in Jerusalem where the trial, crucifixion. and resurrection took place. If Jesus had not risen from the dead, his enemies only had to produce this body and this new religion that they hated would be terminated before it started.
- The conversion of Jesus' opponents to Christianity, including many Jewish Priests and Pharisees can best be explained by the resurrection of Christ. The risen Jesus converted many of those who executed Him because of the overwhelming evidence of His resurrection and His many appearances through God's grace (Acts 6:7 & Acts 15:5).
- Jesus' tomb was secured and guarded by well trained Jewish and Roman guards. The tomb had a Roman seal on it to prevent tampering with the threat of execution for breaking the seal, yet the tomb was empty. Every ancient historical source that discusses the subject verifies the tomb was empty.
- Moreover the real fight is between presuppositions; the Christian presupposes God who raised Christ from the dead and provides all the required preconditions for the laws of logic that allow one to investigate anything, including the resurrection of Christ. Without God, one cannot supply the necessary preconditions for laws of logic. But the chief epistemic issue is that the particulars always have to be examined, including the historical or evidential particulars, through universals, moral laws, and necessities that atheism fails to ground.
- Ancient hostile sources and extra-Biblical writers record the same facts of Christ's death and empty tomb. Additionally, the continuous defense of the resurrection in front of Roman government officials from Paul to Tertullian was unchallenged by Rome and all ancient historians.
- The historical and biblical testimony concerning the resurrection of Christ is convincing to me and other believers as well. Those outside the faith have a different set of presuppositions and this leads to problems when you employ biblical proof outside the epistemic credentials of Christian Worldview (CWV). The scriptures do not instruct us to press only the brute prima facie evidence, but to placard the
a priori necessity of the truth of Christianity. The job of the Christian isn't to demonstrate the probability that God exists through displaying the brute evidence outside the truth of the CWV, but to demonstrate that God lives. God is the precondition for all argument, proof, evidence, verification, and reason. It is impossible for God not to exist forasmuch as He is the ontic truth condition for all intelligent exchanges.
The truth of God's existence is not probable, it is impossible for Him not to exist. God's existence is the absolute precondition for all our questions and doubts. We affirm the necessity of knowledge in our questions as well as in our doubts, thereby affirming that God lives forasmuch as He is the required a priori condition for knowledge; no God, no knowledge; knowledge hence God (knowledge requires the use of the laws of logic which only God has the ontology to ground). Christianity is the only worldview that provides human reason a foundation which is indispensable for knowledge. Non-Christian systems of thought cannot furnish a foundation for the laws of logic which is necessarily involved in all knowledge endeavors, thus those systems of thought can only offer worldviews that fail to underwrite the laws of logic required for knowledge. Unless one believes in the triune God, one cannot account for knowledge.
"The Case for the Resurrection: A First-Century Investigative Reporter Probes History's Pivotal Event" is a fine introduction on a powerful Christian truth.
Christ is risen indeed!
See the New Book that proves the existence of God using moral absolutes by Mike Robinson:
There Are Moral Absolutes: How to Be Absolutely Sure That Christianity Alone Supplies
or additionally see the dynamic new book that proves the Resurrection of Christ:
"God Does Exist!: Defending the faith using presuppositional apologetics, evidence, and the impossibility of the contrary"