Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Early Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 24, 2013
Over all I liked the shell design, other than the material seems to attract or make it hard to remove dirt.
Pro:
You can fit exactly the items displayed in the inset's picture, so if you bought the Hero 3 Black surf edition and not looking to add chest or head straps this will work fine.
Like the foam and snug camera fit (except noted in the con).
Can easily find what you are seeking (compared to searching a camera bag for a small part)

Con:
You can fit exactly the items displayed in the inset's picture so if you are like me, wanting everything in one place this will not work. You cannot add a head strap, a 2nd Skelton case (in place or the float), suction cup mount (too bulky for this case) extra batteries (more than one and recommended if using wifi which drains the batteries) and battery charger, other mounts, etc.

No handle or strap, so have to carry it like a book (hard to do while filming and walking) or take up space in a backpack.

Camera/case compartment is designed for small mounting shoe, so using other attachments means stripping everything down to store. Limited to what you can store and the sd card slot and the two long thin slots are a waste. It would be better to have another open storage area and two battery slots.

Pocket on top shell is almost useless due to clearance. Some items like the mounting shoes and cables prevented closing as it met with the camera housing.

Other than that feels like it would provide reasonable protection under normal use.
60 helpful votes
61 helpful votes
on March 15, 2013
I got this case so i can carry all of my electronics in my backpack as a carry on. I don't like my equipment knocking around in any old bag. I was able to fit all of my camera equipment in this. I own a go pro and two waterproof point and shoot cameras.

I was able to fit in the case:

all 3 cameras
all spare batteries (3 waterproof cam, 3 gopro)
GOpro remote
both camera wall chargers
grenade grip
Xshot monopod
Gopro grab bag equipment
head strap

Nothing floats around and everything fits nicely. But don't expect to put much at all in the mesh carrier at the top of the case. Most things you put in there will bump with stuff in the bottom which will make it hard to close. Also, you can only mount the gopro face up, so if anything is pushed against the front on/off button you will accidentally turn the camera on and off.
31 helpful votes
32 helpful votes
on February 6, 2014
I purchased this case to go along with my Go-Pro Hero 3+ Black edition camera.

The case itself has some structure to it and definitely seems to be sturdy enough to handle some abuse and provide additional protection for your investment while traveling. The foam slots are nice and cover most of the basic accessories, such as an extra memory card, an additional battery, A/V cables, manuals, etc. The large open slot is big enough to store the WiFi remote, mounting adapters, extra camera housing door and even a wall charger.

I do not consider the case great for several reasons. First, I would like to have seen more slots for extra batteries. For some reason they made the decision to have two slots for LCD BacPak's. Now I am sure some people find this useful, but I think most people would rather have room for more batteries since many of the people I know don't have a single BacPak, let alone two. For those that have the larger camera housing to fit the GoPro with BakPak installed I don't know that it would fit inside this case. That being said, you can use the BakPak slots to hold additional batteries, so all is not lost. The other thing I don't like about the case is the mesh pocket. It sits right over the camera case lens, which I believe will create scratches over time. I use an old microfiber cloth to lay over the camera before closing the case.

Am I happy with the case overall? Yes. Do I think there is room for improvement? Definitely. It would be nice to see a few different cases in the same size with layouts to meet a variety of needs.
14 helpful votes
15 helpful votes
VINE VOICEon March 5, 2013
My wife gave me a Hero3 with an extra battery, the video back and a handful of mounts. I started looking for a storage solution that was compact, gave good protection and lightweight while able to fit camera and all the goodies. This seemed to be the best option for what I needed and after using it a few weeks I am very happy I made the purchase. If I was reviewing the price this would get knocked down a star or two because it is expensive but being the only good option for what I wanted I had to "pay to play". When you think about paying a little extra to protect your investment of a nice GoPro system that you take everywhere it is probably well worth the cost.
A good review should be based on the overall product including its performance and this case gets five stars for that. It has a nice dense pre-cut foam interior that fits the camera (in it's case), an extra battery, an extra SD card, the video back, a nice amount of accessories and a netted area on the top section to hold your cables and a few extra items. The construction is very good, zipper is solid and it has a soft rubber seal around the interior edge so when it's closed it will keep dust out. The exterior of the case is a durable material and has a good quality feel. If you skipped to the end of this review... I recommend this as a very solid purchase.
69 helpful votes
70 helpful votes
on January 12, 2016
Although the case seems nice, it's not as described, pictured or what I received. I researched several case options and ordered 2 of these because it was the only case that had a handgrip cut out as shown in photo, and spent much more just to get that option. All the other less expensive cases were a generic standard layout which didn't fit our needs. I was so excited when they arrived, but quickly disappointed that they both had the standard interior layout. There isn't even a way to customize it for the handgrip attachment without destroying the foam. Sadly returning and starting the search again in hopes that photos properly dispict actual items being sent.
2 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on January 27, 2014
I had a lot of questions when I was looking at this case on Amazon and some of them I couldn't find answers for so I just went ahead and bought it and couldn't be happier! This case was offered with 2 different layouts of the interior compartments, an older design (which is pictured on Amazon) and the newer design (which I wanted). Well the case you get is the newer design which is different from the picture. Some people may not like this but I was glad it wasn't the one pictured! This new design works better with the GoPro Hero 3+. The 3+ has a slimmer housing than the older cameras and this case has smaller cutouts to hold the camera tighter. But it also features removable pieces of foam so the bigger older housings fit too. This works great for me because I have an older housing for when I use the lcd touch back pack. So I have one compartment that fits the new smaller housing and then the other compartment I removed the extra foam pieces to fit my bigger housing. This case also has a slot for the remote! I will say that the case fills up quickly but I also have a lot of extra back doors and extension arms in the case. One complain I do have is that the 2 slots for the back packs don't allow you to store the LCD touch screen in its case. This isn't a big deal as I'm sure it will be just as safe in the foam but I may cut one for the back pack slots bigger to allow the case to fit. Overall this case is really versatile and great for storing my GoPro! Be sure to check out my pictures to see how the case actually looks inside.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2 helpful votes
on December 1, 2013
Excellent travel case for the basic GoPro equipment. I needed something to take on the plane in my carry-on so my Go Pro would not end up in someone else's hands and this case worked well for that. I then packed my other accessories where they would fit in suitcases and they were left alone. Soft sided case but durable with strong foam cut-outs, not designed for constant production use but great for travel. If you want long term, harsh environment, get your self a good hard case too. This was handy because it was a good size that can go in a backpack, carry-on or purse without bulk or be a threat for the constant airport security people, it seemed their scanners were able to 'see' inside and not need to continually open it.
1 helpful vote
on July 9, 2013
I provided 2 pictures of my POV case with my Hero 3. First you will notice that it is different from the actual image they are showing by comparing the foam compartments. The material is good. I expected a little more quality at the price of $59. But it works well. It fits most of my accessories but not all. My other accessories as you can see from the picture. The Bobber, head mount, leg mount ( leg mount is custom made by me for going down water slides) wrist strap for remote, helmet mount and 2 battery pac/ LCD enclosure case. They don't fit and I have a separate zipper plastic. Which is actually better since those accessories would get wet when used.

Pros: Very useful, fits most but not all, sturdy enough to keep most accessories organized.

Cons: Price does not match quality. No handle from the outer shell but there are 2 loops you could probable mount a handle on.

Recommendations: If you have a GoPro, chances are you will be buying additional accessories in the future. So get the Large case. You'll save money later on.
review imagereview image
4 helpful votes
on October 28, 2014
I'm pretty disappointed. The pictures shown in this advertisement show actual GoPro products seated within a foam cusion. Now that I've received the storage case, I wonder which products the manufacturer planned to store in it. None of the pre-cut, removable sections of foam seem to be cut with GoPro products in mind. The shapes simply don't match up. I now have to decide whether to try and return the entire case, or find some uncut foam and carve out the shapes that will securely hold my GoPro toys.
4 helpful votes
0Comment|Report abuse
I have the hero 2 in the dive case and it fits in here with the case on and the LCD back-pac (just barely). I can also keep my 2 spare batteries, charger, and wi-fi backpac in this little case. It's pretty tight/ compact so if you're looking to carry lots of cases/ mounts, this is probably not the case for you. e.g. I can't get the head mount in here, nor would I be able to get the chest strap, unless it's the only thing I put in that space on the left (where the orange floaty is in the photo).

For the few pieces I carry, this works just fine! It's a nice case too, high quality.
1 helpful vote