Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 150 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 157 reviews
on December 20, 2012
I just received this cover today, here are my thoughts:

The good:

-It's very basic, which means it doesn't add much weight
-It looks decent
-The magnetized close feature
-The sleep/wake seems to work
-I was afraid that since the speakers are somewhat covered (it has holes where the speakers are) that some of the sound would be muffled, this doesn't seem to be the case

The bad:
-The stand feature doesn't really "hold up." The material is too flimsy for that. You have to position it just so, and then be sure not to touch it the wrong way, or it falls down.
-Not sure about the durability. It looks decent, but cheap.
-Nitpicking here since the screen auto-adjusts if unlocked, but as other reviewers have stated, the holes/spaces for ports and buttons are positioned in a way that if the case's logo is upright and you open it, the screen is upside down (then when done booting, it auto-adjusts)

Overall, a good case for the price (I paid roughly 20, but probably wouldn't spend 40 on it).

Update: I could hardly deal with the stand falling down on me, so I bought another one by Marware at the same price - much better. Not as nice looking on the outside as this one, but a better standing case. This one's still not bad, but if you need to use it as a stand, you might look elsewhere.
33 comments| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 17, 2014
This review is identical to another for a slightly different CaseCrown product - the Bold Standby Case.

My wife had a kinda fancy case for her Kindle Fire HD and she really wanted something a little less conspicuous. I bought two CaseCrown items for her to try, They were very similar but not exactly the same. I thought perhaps she would close one of them and I would take the other for my Kindle Fire. It was a good plan - it just didn't work out quite the way I envisioned it. She really liked both of the cases and couldn't decide which one she really wanted. So she took both of them. Fortunately I did have a case for mine and it's still working very well for me, so I didn't really mind that both of the new cases are now "hers." She is happy, therefore I am very happy. These cases are quite nice and they appear to be very well made. The Fire HD fits perfectly and it's easy to insert and remove if that's necessary. We are extremely happy with them, and the price is really hard to beat.
on March 31, 2014
It seems to be made well. Fits my Kindle, but you cannot reach the power or volume buttons without taking the unit out of the case. That's terribly annoying. The reverse side has five holes, but they cover the buttons.

The problem seems to be that I purchased the HD rather than the HDX, which I have since reordered. If that one is correct, I'll return the other. Buyers, just make sure you choose the right case for the right unit.
on January 20, 2013
The CaseCrown Trifold was a great choice. The velcrow strap secures the kindle in place and the cut outs allow easy acess to recharge port and all buttons. The sleep\wake-up magnet is also a very nice feature of the trifold case. It was a great choice and I am very satisfied.
on March 31, 2014
This case is a nice option for the price. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the previous reviews, and am pleased with the case for the most part. The openings are in the right place for accessing the buttons and the charging connection, and the stand works just fine for holding my Kindle up. It did smell awful when I took it out of the packaging. I determined that it was the inside that smelled so bad and wonder if that comes from the insert that helps it keep it's shape during shipping. I sprayed it with Febreze and let it air dry as another reviewer did; then sprinkled it with baking soda and left it open overnight. There is still an odor but you have to bring your face down to the cover to smell it now.

Overall I think the cover is nice looking and will work just fine for me.
on March 10, 2017
It fits fine and also works good as a stand for Kindle.
I recommend it.
on January 17, 2015
Good case for my tablet. For the price, this case is an excellent value. It looks just as good as cases that 4 times and is of the same quality. Sure there are more prettier cases out there, but if you don't want to overspend on buying a case and want something to protect your Kindle, then this item is sufficient for those purposes.

This case won't really protect your tablet from a hard fall though. It is to thin and not strong enough to do that. But it will prevent your tablet from getting a bunch of scratches and offer some minimum protection. It looks good too.
on September 18, 2013
Well it has been two weeks since I got my first case. It is very well constructed and it did smell when I first opened the package.However the smell went away very quickly. After having the case for a few days I decided that the case was such an excellent buy that I should go and purchase more. I went back and purchased the green, purple and orange cases and they arrived without the odor that the black case had. The price that these cases were listed at was just too low to pass up and that is why I purchased three more. You can not go wrong in purchasing this case. It does a great job of protecting the Kindle and the cutouts are perfectly positioned. You can buy a more expensive case but not sure you will get a better made product.
on January 22, 2013
I was suprised at the quality of this case. I recieved a Kindle Fire HD for a gift and wanted a nice way to protect it. I was expecting this to be sub par because of the low price and because it is synthetic leather but it had great reviews so i took a chance. I was pleasantly suprised when i opened the box. This case is very well made. You would never know this is not a leather case. The inside features a soft suede like material to protect the screen from scratches. The flap folds nicely behind the tablet secured with magnets. This enables the tablet to be used for easy hands free viewing for movies etc. With the flap closed the magnets quickly put the tablet into sleep mode which is nice. The volume button, power and charging ports are all easily accessable with this slick case. This is a great case for the money.
on August 28, 2013
Can't beat it for the price, the case is not incredibly sturdy and strong but it works for the positions (different 'stands') I needed it for. I do like that the case can be closed while plugged in, something I couldn't achieve with my other Kindle case. I originally bought a nice leather case for my Kindle Fire HD, but the cardboard inside became flimsy/bent over time. I'm hoping this will last longer, but at this price I could buy another without worrying. The design is a bit off, the cases is not centered where the camera lenses is and the stitching isn't perfect but I am very happy with this cheap purchase. The shipping was fast and the packaging was flawless. This is an O.k. product for a great price!!