Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CMA Fest Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

on July 29, 2010
I bought this because I wanted a protective, stretchy, neoprene sleeve for my 15" MacBook Pro, but I also wanted a case that could hold my charger, flashdrives, and other accessories. This seemed like the PERFECT combination of the two, so I gave it a shot and ordered it. I got it quickly, and it hasn't let me down yet.

It's got a very soft, protecting lining in the interior so it won't scratch your computer. I carry around my laptop with a cooling pad shoved in on top of the laptop (there was a little extra room as this can fit 16" screens too) and the case stretches to conform to it. The outside zipper pocket is extremely helpful, I'm so glad I found this case, and It is very stretchy as well. It will conform to any shape of accessories you put in it without permanently stretching it out, it will always return to its original shape and size. My minimum that I have in the outside pocket is my laptop charger, it's extension cord, my wireless mouse, and a flashdrive that fits very handily in the stretchy flashdrive pocket sewn into the inside. I have fit more into the pocket tho, but that is the minimum that is always with me in the case.

It is also very slim-line, and fits wonderfully in my messenger bag and backpack without taking up any unnecessary room like some cases.

I bought it because I wanted a slim sleeve without giving up convenience to carry my accessories and it delivers very well for what it's supposed to do. The only possible way this could get better would be to come in different colors. =] I definitely recommend it.
109 people found this helpful
|44 comments|Report abuse
on July 22, 2017
EDIT from my original review. Having submitted a warranty claim, I received a replacement from the manufacture today. The product I received has the same part number (PAS-215), however, there is no denying that the replacement sleeve is slightly larger than the original in all dimensions. I really liked the snug fight of the original, but perhaps the slightly more generous size will help avoid the zipper failure problem I experienced with the original. If so, then it is worth the change. I tried placing my laptop into the sleeve and then into my suitcase outer pocket for a fit test and it still fits, even with the slightly larger size of the sleeve. So with that, I am happy. Upgrading to FIVE STARS.

Original review.
I liked this case a LOT. It fits my MacBook Pro 15" ME664LL/A snugly, and has an external pocket to slip my mouse into. Not really enough room for my Apple power supply though. It is very lightweight, which is fabulous for travel. It has such a snug fit that the case with my laptop just fits into my carry-on suitcase external pocket for easy access. I did experience a problem though, which is why I can't give 5 stars. The zipper fabric seems to have failed and it makes closure extremely difficult. I have to hold the case at just the right angle while tugging in just the right places to get it to close. Caselogic offers a lifetime warranty, so I have just submitted my warranty claim. Hopefully, my replacement wont have this failure.

PRO: Lightweight, great fit, external pocket for mouse, lifetime warranty
CON: Newer product is not quite as snug of a fit as the original product.
on April 13, 2016
Fits well and has nice padding and nice zippers. The front pocket is nice to have too. Bottom line, it's a great sleeve. I have the newer 13" Macbook Pro and it leaves about an inch of space on two sides of the computer when it's in the sleeve. I suppose this could be good if you have a case on it and need a little extra room. The width is good. The front pocket is big enough for the short cord, but not the extension cord also. It will probably stretch a little if you store it in there all the time, but I don't plan to do that. The zipper has fabric over it so it doesn't have the teeth exposed on the outside so it slides into pockets and bags I guess. The zippers are metal with rubber zipper pulls. The inside is like a gray/green micro suede type of material. Overall very happy with it. P.S. I found out that it does not cook me dinner.
on January 15, 2016
I read dozens of reviews on this page, and answer to questions, and this sounded like it was going to be a great sleeve for my Lenovo Carbon X1 laptop. Unfortunately, the reviewers who claim that the X1 will fit into this sleeve must have a completely different definition of the word "fit" than I do. Yes, if you stretch the sleeve sideways, and spend about half a minute shoving the laptop down into the sleeve, it will "fit," but I don't know how many times you can to that without tearing the material or damaging the laptop. More important, as you try to get the zipper closed around the edges, the zipper wants to dig into the outside of the laptop.

I did have a chance to look at the sleeve, and it well-designed and looks like it would provide good protection. Therefore II have to give it five stars. However, if you own the Lenovo Carbon X1 (3rd generation), you need to look elsewhere for another sleeve or case for this laptop.
on April 2, 2016
(UPDATE: 4/5/2016 I ordered a second case because I ruined the zipper on the first. Unfortunately, the second case, which has exactly the same model number is larger by almost an inch. So the laptop certainly fits in it now! ;-)

I would have rated this higher but the measurements provided for the internal capacity of this bag are incorrect. The inside ribbing causes the internal measurements to be less than given. I just recently bought a Dell XPS 15 9550 and I was looking for a sleeve that would fit snuggly around the computer since it was a more rectangular shape. I ordered the bag and, at first, couldn't get the computer to fit inside it even though according to the measurements it should have worked. In fact, I ruined the zipper on those attempts. Then I realized what the problem was. In order for the XPS 15 9550 to fit in this bag, it has to be put in with the front of the computer facing down so that the thin front edge can slip between the ribbing at the bottom. Then there is enough space to zip the zipper. It just barely fits, but it does fit. Overall I like the design of the bag. The given measurements are just misleading. I've ordered a second bag and chalked the first one up to a sunk cost! ;-)
on April 24, 2015
I ordered this case because I bought the same style for my 17" HP and loved it but I don't love it as much for my 2015 MacBook Pro Retina. It's still a nice sleeve and the only reason I don't love it is because it doesn't fit as snug as I would like (I have a clear snap-on case on my MacBook too). I do appreciate the amount of padding and that no matter how much I stuff in the front pocket, it doesn't create pressure against the MacBook like some sleeves do. Also, there is a small pouch inside the zipped pocket for USB drives so they don't get lost or fall out. All in all, it was cheaper to buy it at Amazon and cheaper than other cases. 5-stars if it fit snug but I only carry my laptop inside a backpack so I guess it doesn't matter much.
on June 17, 2017
I bought this to protect my MacBook pro in my backpack since it didn't have padding in the laptop section. I can tell that the protection level is up to par, but the style is not great. It doesn't fit my MacBook pro that snugly so I don't think I would use this if it was going to be my main method of toting. There are other brands that fit much better. But for the price, I can live with it since it is basically just for protection.
on September 7, 2012
I work in multiple locations, and my last laptop got moved and banged around so much that I had to take it to get it fixed ... mostly while carrying it in my saddlebag style backpack. So, I'm a bit tough on laptops. Enter this Caselogic neoprene sleeve. I have to admit, I was worried about having an extra layer to take with me for a couple of reasons: (1) it's an EXTRA LAYER ... how annoying is that?!?, and (2) would it fit into my existing bag?

I'm happy to say that it's an extra layer ... of protection! Here are the benefits that I've seen:

* fits the MBP 15" perfectly
* able to put the MBP 15" in or take it out in a matter of seconds (including zip time)
* fits in several computer bags that can accommodate a 15" laptop (I've tested this in about 4 different and non-related bags)
* it's perfect for taking just the sleeve and computer, as it has a fair amount of padding, so it's good for taking to meetings or classes, etc.
* has a pocket to store pens/pencils (could be good for students on the go)
* inside the pocket is a smaller pocket designed to hold a USB stick (not a deal breaker if missing, but a nice thought by Caselogic)
* the zipper rounds two corners of the sleeve and has smooth and fast action (this may not matter to some, but imagine a zipper that sticks ... you wouldn't use the sleeve)

The only downside is that it will probably amount to an extra layer for some people, so you'll want to consider whether or not it's worth what for most will be an extra layer of protection.

Overall, I use it daily, and I've been very happy with it, as it does the job it advertises, and that's what matters. Nicely done, Caselogic.
on January 15, 2016
This product is a great quality an fits my laptop. I am truly upset that they advertise that your Mac charger can fit in that tiny pocket. I was suspicious just from the picture but thought to just give it a try. Even when I take my Mac charger apart into 2 pieces, it won't even close with half of it. It would be 5 Stars if not for falsely advertising that the pocket can hold a charger. I'm very disappointed and definitely returning because I don't want to give my money to a dishonest company.
on November 27, 2012
I bought this sleeve for my Macbook Air 13" (2012 model) in conjunction with a iPearl mCover (plastic shell) and it fits well. I wanted double protection for my new laptop. Good quality and its got a side pocket where my USB thumb drive and AC cable fit.
14 people found this helpful