Nexus 5 Case, Caseology® [Leather Skin] Premium PU Leather Case [Black] [Shock Absorbent TPU] for Google Nexus 5 - Black
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Few suggestions for the manufacturer. Instead of having shiny sides of the case, maybe there would be leather there as well. The logo is too loud on the back. If we could subdue it just a little bit it would be great. And finally, i feel like there doesn't need to be a cutout for SIM card slot, instead move the cutout higher up for the power button to make it easier to press.
- The "leather" on the back gives it a sorta premium look and feels great.The sides and front lip are all regular black TPU however.
- Protects my phone for the most part from nearly all drops. I don't have any worries about the case protecting my phone.
- The headphone port with the case on makes it difficult to connect my Shure Se 215's. If you stick it in there and the jack doesn't move, then it's fine. However I noticed after rotating the jack, it would unseat itself and lose connected, coming out about halfway.
- The cutouts for the power button make it difficult to find it. The front lip next to the power button overshadows it, but they're close together so your finger might miss the power button if you're using the lip as a reference point and attempt to slide your finger/thumb over to find it. You have to work your thumb/finger from the back of the phone/case towards the screen to find the power button more easily. I have a feeling this has to do with the sim card being exposed as well. If they just had the cutout for the power button I'm sure ti would a lot easier to find it.
- The same goes for the volume rocker although to a lesser degree. you can still find the rocker if you use the front lip of the phone and work your way towards the rocker, but in my experience, it is still easier to use the back as a reference point and then work your finger towards the rocker instead.
Bottom line: not a bad buy for $10, never head of Caseology before. Good protestation, nice look and feel, however sub par judgement on the cutouts for power button/volume rocker.
I'll be hanging on to this case until I find one that would fix my 2 gripes.
First all, it does add a little bulk to the phone, in a positive way it makes the phone feels sturdier in my hand compared to being without the case, its a little too light for me (feels like i might accidentally drop the phone). Negatively, it sticks out when i put it in my front jeans pocket.
Second, the leather back is not as "premium" as i expected. Feels like it is made of very thin leather piece that is glued onto the plastic case for the sake of just having the leather there (when i pressed it, all i could feel is the hard case underneath the leather). It is not genuine leather for sure (not that i'm expecting one with this price range) and it is slippery.
I had Xtreme Guard screen protectors on the front and back before i got the case, and it is no easy task putting the phone into the case without taking off the edges of the protector. Due to the small protruding edges along the insides of the case, it scrapes away the edges of the protector in the front screen. In the end, i had to cut out little sellotape, stick them on the 4 edges to prevent the protector from getting scraped away (i can send you the result if you want to see it). Good thing is that dusts or anything small won't be able to get into the back of this case as there is no gaps between the case and the phone at all.
Button cutouts are as mentioned by other users, the cutouts of the speaker below isn't precise to the shape of the phone speaker, but luckily, both sides are of the same size (caseology should fix their mold). The power and volume buttons are indeed hard to press due to the case extra thickness, but so far i have no trouble with it. Everything else fits perfectly.
Lastly, the case serves it purpose in protecting the camera behind.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It was good. The faux leather started peeling off the case a little.Published 2 months ago by Skyler Don Williams
This one is a good product. I used it as long as I have used the mobile.Published 2 months ago by shahadat
Love this case. Did lots of research till i landed on this case and I'm happy I did. My phone has been by my side for a year and its still in pristine condition thanks to this... Read morePublished 8 months ago by Marcel B.
case is cut too far over the screen edge causing screen protector to lift... defectivePublished 9 months ago by regular user
the back leather wore off pretty quickly and the seam where the plastic is molded together is hard and sharpPublished 9 months ago by Mark & Jen
Great look and high quality. Got this for my wife who like the leather-like backing.Published 10 months ago by James R Hayes