Truck Reviews Beauty Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now STL18_GNO

I got this for my Casio Pas400b-5V Wrist Watch "Product Category: Miscellaneous/Miscellaneous". It is a 100% perfect copy of the original, even down to the trademark Casio stamped onto the buckle. Note that they do NOT provide the necessary spring-bars or end clips (aka c-clips). My original spring bars were bent so I replaced them. You may want to order some 25mm X 1.5mm Stainless Steel Spring Bar Pins for Attaching Watch Band to Watches or Buckle (Set of Two) yourself, or do what I did and get a whole box of assorted sizes for a few dollars more. One last thing: you will still need the original end-clips (aka c-clips), and I don't find those for sale anywhere on Amazon - good luck to you if you lose them.

Four years ago I had this original strap fail after having worn it only two years. When I went to replace the band it cost $27 with shipping, compared to $32 for a brand new watch. So I tossed the old one with its broken band into a drawer and bought a new one. It felt wrong, but what else could I do? Now the replacement band has worn out (after four years this time) but I find the situation changed. The band is now only $16 with free shipping, and the watch is only available on auction sites for $50+. It's a no-brainer to buy a couple of these bands and keep these great watches looking sharp for years to come. Oh, and I dug the original watch out of a drawer, put the new band on it, and now it's looking great after sitting in the dark, unloved and unseen, for four years. Still keeping time. Gotta love Casio!
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on June 30, 2015
I've had my Pathfinder for 4 years. The band held up very well till I got some chemicals on it and the watch. Was going to just buy a new one (watch) until I saw how much the price had been jacked up. I paid $30 for my original. Now they seem to be selling (June 2015) for $190! That's crazy. After some thought I decided to but a replacement band. It's pricey but an exact replacement for the original. I cleaned the watch and polished the "crystal" using a plastic polishing kit and a low speed on my Dremel tool. After putting on the new band (not hard) the result is a watch that looks almost as good as new. Perhaps Casio will re-offer the Pathfinder at a more reasonable price in the future. In the meantime this was a good alternative.
6 people found this helpful
on January 23, 2017
Exact replacement of the original band, which lasted for four years but should have been replaced sooner. Since this is an exact duplicate of the original, from the same manufacturer, I expect the same results from the replacement as from the original. The strap itself is extremely durable, but the leather-looking band that holds the end of the strap in place wears down somewhat quickly. Mine tuned into a think piece of cardboard-like material. It stretched so that it wouldn't stay in place and the end of the strap kept coming loose. The leather at the watch-end of the band also eventually fell apart, but didn't affect the usefulness of the band. Keep in mind that the wear didn't become an issue until more than three years of daily use, and it had lots of exposure to water (including saltwater) and was worn in swimming pools and the ocean. So, despite what it looked like at end of life, I feel like the band deserves 5 stars.

I put off buying this because the band alone costs more than the watch cost four years ago. But this particular model of watch is no longer available and Pathfinders now cost several times more. Since I really like the watch and it's in great shape, I sprang for the new band.
on November 11, 2017
I'm a bit mixed about this replacement band.

First, I do love the style and comfort it delivers to my waist.

However, my major complaints about this band are that Casio locks you into their waistbands, so it can feel impossible to find another type of waistband that feels the same way. Also and although, the nylon band is great, the "leather" that is typically used is extremely cheap. Depending on your use around water and daily use, a band could last only months, or last for several years before needing to replace it again.

My watch has lasted for a decade or more without even needing a battery replacement, but I constantly have replaced this bands four or five times during that time, and the rubber wristbands feel uncomfortable. I do love my watch, but I do worry about there will be a time to where this band will stop being made and sold.
on April 24, 2017
Something about this modest watch makes me keep it. Actually what makes me keep the watch is the band—simultaneously its strong point (fabric, artistic textured yet rugged look) and its weak point (crummy faux leather parts wear poorly, most notably the loop holding the band end). And it's not like there are other choices…

BTW the band uses single spring loaded pins which lock into the long silver metal rectangular pieces from your original watch; a small paper clip easily removes them and the flat edge of a utility knife gets the pins locked back in place.
on October 8, 2016
I've had a couple of these. The band seems to have a built-in self destruction date as they both lasted about the same length of time. First the loop that holds the end of the band wears through, then the loops that hold the band to the watch wears out. Unfortunately, a new band costs almost as much as a new watch so you're faced with the decision to purchase a new band or for a few bucks more a whole new watch and band. I've done both and the first watch is in a drawer and still keeping time. One of these watches will outlast at least two bands.
on February 18, 2018
To be honest, I think the reviews overrate this product. It's a decent watch band but the fact that it doesn't come with the connecting pins/posts is just bad business. I've used Casio products for the better part of ten years now and I think I'm going to say goodbye. I'm tired of companies that provide the bare minimum service with their products and charge the maximum dollar amount they can get away with. So this watch band will sit in storage until I get a chance to find the pins/post I need for my watch.
on March 26, 2018
The replacement is good, however I don't give this 5 stars because the replacement was needed due to water damage. I use it on a fishing watch, and I would have expected the material to be more resistant. Perhaps they could have done without the leather parts and just leave the rough hardened cord material.
on August 12, 2015
The watch that goes to this band is excellent, and the band itself took a ton of abuse. Unfortunately the keeper that holds the loose end of the band in place is made of thin leather.This small piece of leather wore out and couldn't be replaced by itself. The design of this band is unique to Casio and the only pieces I could find were Casio OEM parts. Word of warning to anyone that has to replace their band, DO NOT THROW AWAY THE SPRING BAR OR THE END LINK (the piece of metal that holds the spring bar or pin in place)!!!!!! I threw one of mine away and it cost almost the same as the band.
2 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 25, 2017
Bought this to replace my 4 year old Casio Pathfinder PAS-400B that had the moon phase and the fish, which is no longer sold. The band is like the original, so no reason to think it won't last as long. I suppose I could have physically changed the old with the new by myself, but took it to a jeweler who did the change in about 2 minutes. Obviously so simple that he didn't even charge me to do it.