Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Black-Waveceptor 50003 WV-57H
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on April 29, 2011
I've changed this watch's bands twice, and both times it took me a while to figure it out... [update: make it 3 times; the last one lasted less than 6 months!]

First pop off the silvery metal brace that covers the pin. Use a small screwdriver or a knife blade.

Then, remove the pin, using a combination of pushing it out with something thin and sturdy, and pulling it out with needle-nosed pliers. This last time, the pin i wanted to remove was gunked firmly in, and i had to use what felt like excessive force to pull it out. The pins are the usual spring-loaded watch band pins, but don't be tricked into thinking you only need to push the spring-loaded part in... you have to remove the whole pin.

Then replace the band, push the pin back in, and push the metal brace back in place.
on March 29, 2011
The Casio Waveceptor WV-57H is probably the only reliable watch i ever had except the straps did break 2 years ago. I have been thinking of buying another watch but decided not to coz i just use my phone to check time (which takes up a little amount of time to do so; having to get the phone from pocket, turning on screen, turning off screen after seeing time, then putting it back in pocket :) )... But 2 years later i found this strap here on Amazon. I am surprised that they still sell this strap that's specifically for this watch which i cant find anywhere else anymore. So i crashed into my drawers and found my watch (with broken straps) and it still works and is still showing the correct time!

So on the short review of the strap: It is exactly the same one that came with the watch. It fits perfectly. There are no instructions which may take you a while to figure out how to use. All you need is basically something thin and strong enough to push out the pins that are holding the strap and brace to the watch. In my case, i was able to use a plastic tooth pick. Even with the extra effort of putting everything together, it is definitely worth it.
on January 24, 2012
The Waveceptor watch, though old, is one I want to keep using. I've found that these replacement straps last about three years of constant wear before they fail. Having said that, they fit perfectly every time and are comfortable, which is what I need because I almost never take mine off. I'll continue to buy another one of these straps until the watch fails.
on April 30, 2016
these, while casio products, do not last like one would expect. Breaking thru, where the pin attaches the band. This is my second set in 3 years. I made one from a heavier casio resin band, just to see how long it lasts.
on February 24, 2014
The old watch band just broke, snapped with no sign of cracking. This replacement appears to be softer, not quite as stiff as the original, Somewhat tricky to change with the way it attaches but not too difficult to figure out.
Use some magnifying glass to find the pins and a jeweler's screw driver to help get the pins back in place. Easiest to take it to a watch shop and have them do it.
on February 19, 2013
I had a Casio Waveceptor 500 WV-57H for a number of years, and finally the band snapped. I looked for a long time to locate another, finally gave up and purchased another newer Casio Waveceptor but continued to look for a band. One day while looking at Watch accessories on AMAZON, I found the fantom watch band. Goes to show that it you look often on AMAZON the possibilities are endless. The Band was an exact fit and reasonably priced.
on January 24, 2013
I wasn't sure that the band would fit my older model Casio Watch but it looked like the right replacement. I did go to the Casio Site first, but I think I got it cheaper on Amazon. Also, I trust Amazon more that a Casio contractor. Happy ending is that the watch band did fit so I did extend the life of my watch
on June 10, 2014
I looked for this several years ago to no avail. I stumbled upon it recently and was quite pleased. I bought several to last me many years. A bent paper clip was just the right size to serve as a tool to swap out the old band.
on February 4, 2013
I didn't expect, and didn't receive, the little pins that hold the band onto the watch. But I was a little disappointed that I also did not receive the clasps that secure the ends of the pins. As long as you keep that in mind, you'll be fine.
The band looks and works perfectly. It was a great find, and I was happy to have my favorite old watch back on my wrist.
on March 19, 2013
I searched for my watch and added the word band and this one came out. It did not fit my watch so I had to make several adjustments using a knife and glue, so if this one falls apart I'll probably have to get a new watch. My next watch will definitely have a stainless steel band

See 1 answered question