Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 409 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 426 reviews
on February 5, 2014
I love this watch. It has that retro look without being too nerdy or gimmicky. It has style but it also has functionality and lasting durability. I have a similar model in all stainless and it has performed very well. I decided to get this model since it has a gold face, which I think complements my wedding band and my signet ring, both of which are yellow gold. Although the Casio factory band is well crafted, very adjustable and looks nice, I decided to add a Speidel jubilee style band in two-tone stainless and gold. It really sets the watch off nicely and gives it an even more unique look. And with the band, the whole package was under $25 shipped. So you can't really beat that combination of price, function and style. I highly recommend Casio watches.
review image
77 comments| 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2015
I love this great watch! It's just $17 and the classical design is awesome. It is quite small and light so will fit well on women's wrist too. I saw someone's picture online replacing the bracelet to a leather band, so I just did the same thing. Now it looks even better! I got the Timex leather band, also from Amazon and it was just $10. Picture attached. Definitely worth the price.
review image
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 29, 2016
It's absolutely nuts to me that anyone would give this less than 5 stars. Nitpick much? What kind of wild expectations are people setting for this thing? First of all, it's sixteen dollars. Adjusted for inflation, that's cents on the dollar compared to what it cost at launch. It's practically free. It tells time, and it will continue to do so long after you inevitably lose it. It has an alarm to tell you when to take your pills. It's not necessarily loud enough to get you up in the morning, especially if you're taking pills, but let's be real here, no one uses their watch alarm for anything ever. Sure, the watch strap occasionally tugs at your arm hair a little, which is just a horrifically unbearable, godawful nightmare as you can imagine. And yes, the light is so dim you might absolutely lose your freaking mind having to focus a little harder in order to read the display. But it does have a stopwatch in case you want to play 'who can hold their breath the longest' (if you don't know the rules you should google it. It's really fun). Now this is hard for me to talk about, but this is where this watch really shines so here it goes. I have somewhat dainty wrists. There I said it. But this watch... it's like magic. It ties my whole arm together. It conceals the meagerness of my appendage and unlike with most watches, I don't look like my mother if she were to wear a man's watch. If you have big meaty wrists you would be a fool to buy this watch. So don't go blaming the watch on your poor spacial reasoning. This is also a very lightweight watch. I think that's a good thing but if you need the assurance of heft in your $16 investment, this is not the watch for you. If, however, you are a slim-wristed gentleman in the market for a watch that tells time, looks exactly like the picture, and is at the absolute bottom end of your budget, this is your timepiece.
on September 10, 2014
I love this watch! Fits great, not bulky, and stylish. I have even received many compliments. Easy to read and adjust.
on June 22, 2015
Good watch but I think mine is fake it has gaps between the links and light goes through the gold face
on July 11, 2012
I love this watch! I read some of the reviews before I bought it, and wasn't sure if it was going to be worth it, but it definately is. It's true that the metal feels a little cheap, and scratches easily. However, it almost has a brushed look anyway, so you can barely see the scratches. The material is one of the things that I actually like about it. It feels really lightweight, and is thin enough for a woman, but masculine enought for a man. I also love that there are no pins or links to remove/replace when sizing (it's literally a matter of sliding the latch until it fits the way you want. Watch works great, alarm works great, shows date and day of the week, and it looks like a good old-fashioned Casio. Two thumbs up!
on February 20, 2017
Nice classy digital watch I can wear with anything. Works well. Backlight sucks (short burst, not very bright) but I did not buy this watch for that function. It works for keeping time and stopwatch. Metal is not heavy like most male watches so it may feel "cheap". I'm a female of average build and it doesn't look ridiculous when I wear it so I deem it unisex. Chains are not removable but I don't mind. $16, female version is more expensive for no discernible reason.
Update: Went to the pool and swam a few laps yesterday. Showered with it. No signs of rust or condensation inside the watch. The water resistance works! I'm not a good owner so I've already gotten some scratches on the straps. Not very noticeable but definitely there. Fortunately the face seems to be more scratch resistant.
review image review image
on January 17, 2015
I truly loved this watch. I say "loved" because unfortunately i fell over iceskating and on part of the clasp went flying off to where the other socks live, Neverland. I imagine that the watch could have lasted another few years. Ive now ordered the world clock version of the watch as I travel quite a bit.

PROS:

•never losses time

•its light weight and has an illuminator, I sleep(t) with it and hardly know its there

•it has changed my habit of looking at my phone for the time, and released me from checking emails and whatnot during the day
it tells me the day of the week, which when you work from home can escape you

•Compliments, people really love to see an oldie but goodie

CONS:

•There is about a week breakin period where the band pulls at your arm hairs, but my wrist is not bald, its just a cheap band.

•The watch (not the band) is made of chromed plastic (which is not environmentally safe) it scratches easily, and there is a brass finish underneath, I actually wish I could just get the entire watch in this color because its stunning.

•The clasp in my watch slid along the band, making the fit not as tight as I would have liked it to be, ultimately.

Ive always had and expensive watch. everything ive owned being well over 300 dollarst. from 7 rubies to 32 and automatic winding, crystal fronts and backs. But that little led, the fact you hardly know its there has completely converted me to Casio. Im a fan and a fan for life. Pragmatic and perfect, eff those peeps who compare how big the face is or heavy it seams, I know what time it is.
on May 15, 2016
I don't look for a lot in my watches. I love the ease of digital watches, so I really just need for it to tell me the time and have a light (for when it's dark). Date and day of the week are a bonus! Obviously, this watch has all of that going for it. My only gripe is that the light isn't very powerful. It's *just* good enough to get the job done. The way this light works (for whatever reason) is that when you press the light button on the upper left side, a neon greenish light emits from that area of the watch. The entire panel does not light up. It's kinda like a flashlight is being aimed from that direction of the watch. It's strange. All my other watches light up the entire face. Anyway, in practice, it gets the job done. You won't be able to really see the seconds when it's super dark out, but the hour/minutes are what matter, right? Another thing to note is that this watch is super duper light. Like, forget it's even there light. The band is metal, but the watch face is not. I don't mind this, but I'm hoping that the case doesn't take a beating over the years.
on April 5, 2017
To start off, I usually don't write reviews. Why should I take the time out of my day to sell someone else's product for them? However, this time is different. I bought this watch about a year ago because I didn't want to wear my $500+ watch 24/7. Since then, my world has changed. I wear this watch religiously and have received as many complements on it as stars in the sky. It's retro, yet classy, look draws attention from both men and women and the time never fails to be accurate. It is comfortable yet I am naked without it. And hell, for $16? I might buy one or two more. If you're looking for a watch to get you through day to day then you're in the right spot. This watch is the girl you started talking to innocently and then ended up falling in love with. If you're looking for that girl then get ready to fall in love and spend the best $16 you ever have.