Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

• Customer reviews

on October 4, 2016
I’m over big, bulky watches. I’ve got my Suunto and a couple G-Shock watches. I still wear them, still love them, but mostly I just want a watch that keeps nice, precise time, doesn’t stand out from my wrist 3/4 inch and hopefully looks juuuust a little dorky. I’m also cheap. Waterproofness is important to me. I work a desk job. I commute by bus or train- watches help with that. I like to go on a run a couple times a week and wear a watch. I don’t sleep or shower with my watch on unless I’m camping or in a hotel. I like digital over analog because I kind of like to know exactly what time I think it is and I only ever estimate when I’m reading an analog watch because I’m lazy. Also, when I’m in a meeting or I’ve been pinned-down by someone I don’t want to talk to and I want to know if this really is taking forever or if my perception of the passage of time is just being warped- it’s easier to sneak a peek at a digital watch and get a precise read. I realized a few months ago that I really am just as happy wearing a $15 Casio as I am with my $250 Suunto and that most days I don’t need to know the barometric pressure. Some days, yes. Most days, no. But I like having a variety of watches (including the Suunto, which is fabulous). And I like to choose which watch to wear each morning. That’s fun for me. Recently I got on Amazon and ordered a bunch of new cheap Casio watches. I got four new watches for $52. I think Timex’s are over-priced. That’s how cheap I am.

Casio W-800HAV ($20-ish) Digital Black. My eight-year old son and I each got one of these watches for Christmas 2016. We both love it. We both have other watches but wear this one the most. It has a fairly low profile- doesn’t catch on pockets or shirt sleeves. I love the light- it looks stupid, like piddly. But it actually lights the face well. I go jogging at night sometimes. The light works well enough for me to see how slow I am even while I’m bouncing down the road. And it’s got “Dual Display”. I don’t know what else to call that. It shows the time on one part of the screen and at the same time it show the stopwatch numbers. Nice to keep track of both. Or, If I’m out and about, I’ll set a stopwatch when the train goes by because I know that the train comes by every 15 minutes. So I can see when I’m coming up on another 15-minute mark and also see the time on the sub-display.

Casio F-201WA ($10.47) Digital Black. Comfortable. Lightweight. Easiest buttons to push. Good light. I like that it has countdown timer and lots of alarms. I miss being able to see the time when it’s in stopwatch mode like I can with the W-800HAV and the WV-200A.

Casio WV-200A ($40-ish) Waceceptor Digital Black with chrome and red. Looks good. Like the steel case. Good protection for the glass. Relatively heavy. A liiiiitle too thick. Really nice buttons. Great electro-luminescent light. This one is the only watch of the group that you can set it so it doesn’t beep every time you push a button. I really like being able to turn the beep off. Sometimes I like to set a stopwatch in a meeting so I can see how long somebody is going on with some bullsh*t. Strangely, timing somebody’s bullsh*t is a nice distraction from the bullsh*t. But I don’t like my watch to beep when I’m doing pushing buttons. “Dual display”- you can still see what time it is when you’re in other modes. Countdown timer is nice and many of my other watches don’t have one. I don’t give it extra points for the whole Wave Ceptor thing. Doesn’t add any value for me and it kinda sucks battery. This watch has been on my wrist for a full day of snorkelling and handled it beautifully. I live in a land-locked state, so when I get to the ocean, I’m in the water ALL DAY LONG. I can’t dive deeper than maybe 20 feet, so it’s not a serious test for a watch that says it’s good to 200m. But if you’re diving to 200m and time is critical, you’re going to spring for something more than a $40 Casio. (I love you, Casio).

Casio HDA-600 ($14.79) Black Analog. Not the most comfortable. Kinda squeezes my wrist from bone to bone or flops around a bit. I dunno, it just fits weird. YMMV. Love the face protector. Can’t wait until it starts to look a little banged up. Glowy dots on the hands aren’t really impressive. Date window works perfectly. Looks tough but it’s probably not. I like it a lot.

Casio MQ24-7B2 ($14-something) White-faced Analog. Incredibly light. Truly forget that you’re wearing it. Easy to read. No date window. No lumi. Nice, simple and never catches your sleeve in a dress shirt. Yes, I’m fancy. Some people are smart enough to read an analog watch that doesn’t have numbers on it- just dots. I’m not one of those people. I screw it up enough when there’s numbers. This has numbers. I like numbers. Haven’t tested this one for waterproofyness. Casio only says it’s water resistant. I hardly ever do underwater demolitions anymore.

Casio A168W-1 ($16.15) Stainless Digital. I love / hate this watch. I don’t know if Casio was really trying to make a watch that looks fancy but it’s really a dork-bomb, or if they we’re going for dork-bomb as their aim. Either way. This watch is a stunning success. I think this watch is the pinnacle of nerd-swank. 1980’s wannabe stockbroker, cool old guy who doesn’t give a sh*t, little bit of silver under the sleeve to catch someone’s eye- oh wait it’s a friggin Casio digital. I mean, it’s chrome-plated PLASTIC for crying out loud. How awesome is that? I love all of that. Love it. It’s got the Illuminator light, which works great. Clock, date, stopwatch and alarm. No countdown timer. The metal band is not comfortable. It’s got edges and it pulls on my arm fur. Clasp works great and it’s wicked-easy to adjust. Slips under a dress shirt easily. Again: super-dorky. Makes me smile every time I put it on. Then wince when it pulls the fur.

Casio F91W-1 ($11.35) Black Digital. I like this watch a lot. It’s super thin. Very lightweight. The light looks stupid but it works well. The buttons are easy to hit. It ranks pretty high on the ‘Dork’ scale. People recognize it. Hold that one button down and it says CASIo. It’s great. Proud to say I’ve never worn this watch along with flannel and a beanie. Never.
review image
on April 17, 2017
I manage a commercial kitchen and I'm often doing production so my watches tend to take a beating. I bought his one because it was cheaper than dirt and not fancy. If I scratch it or break it, big whoop, it was like 12 bucks.
Upon its arrival, I was able to set the time and Date AND adjust the band, all without so much as cracking open the little manual. (Still scratching my head at all the people on here who struggled with this).
It's a decent everyday watch that is more function than form, although it doesn't look bad. I don't understand all the negative reviews from people who bought a cheap 16 dollar watch, assuming that they read the description before ordering it, and then complain because it's not a 14 karat Bulova watch with all the bells and whistles.
If this watch lasts only a year, it will be well worth the money spent.
on November 30, 2011
Amazon's price is practically a giveaway for this fine Casio watch.
I've had it for over a month and it keeps very accurate time.
It's light and comfortable with a stainless steel band that's easy to adjust to fit.
Please be aware that Amazon's description of the band is wrong: It's not the "fold over clasp" but is the kind you must latch with a small clip.

Note that this watch has a year setting (2000--2099) so that it will "know" that 2012 is a leap year and will show February 29. Also, when you program the month and date, the watch automatically shows the day because it knows the day from the year, month, and date you entered.

Numerals are large and easy to see: day, month, and date are plainly visible above larger numbers showing the time. There's also a dual time setting for another time zone, and you can switch to 24 hour time with the touch of a button.

This watch is intuitive to set unlike some digital watches. I barely looked at the instructions because it was so easy to set the Casio. This watch has a 10 year battery which is nice except that I have no idea when the watch was manufactured. The design dates back to the year 2000, so if it was in a warehouse for a decade, the battery might die long before 10 years from now. Would be nice to find out when my watch was made.

Amazon's $14.02 price is amazingly low because it would cost $10 to replace the battery in my old Timex. So for 4 bucks more than a battery replacement, I bought a new watch that's better than the Timex anyway.

If you want an accurate, fully functional, easy to read, comfortable, good looking watch on the cheap, you won't do better than this!
on April 12, 2015
I'm retired and hadn't worn a watch since the last day I worked 13 years ago. Occasionally I've wished I had a watch, but didn't need anything fancy. After doing a little research I settled on this. I like it and the price was great. Previously I have owned two cheap Casio watches. The black plastic ones with plastic bands. The two of them saw me through 27 years of operating heavy equipment in mining operations as well as wearing them off the job too. I threw the last one away after I retired since the face was so scratched up and I didn't really need a watch anyway. Who knows how long it would have lasted? Unless your ego demands a fancy watch, you can't go wrong buying a cheap Casio if all you are interested in is what the time is.
on February 2, 2015
If you wear a watch as jewelry, if a Rolex or equivalent impresses people you want to impress, fine, spend your money and impress those people.... But, if you just want to know what time it is, this inexpensive watch does the job for me very well. It is accurate, easy to read in daylight or dark. It has functions that I rarely use, but I really like the "dual time zone" feature. I set the "dual time" to whatever time zone I am in, but leave the "primary time" set on my "home time zone" alone. This is simply great for air travel. At a glance, I can see local or home time.
I've had a lot of watches, but this basic Casio works well for me. I got this one to replace an old Casio that I had scratched and beat up over the years working on cars, carpentry, exploring, etc... That old one still works, but this one is even better because the light is better, and numbers are larger and easier to read -- something I've come to appreciate as I get older.
This watch is stainless, very durable, water resistant, keeps great time.
And, the thing I love about it, I don't need to worry about it. I have some nice watches. One, for instance is a very nice gold watch, a special gift for special reasons. OK, fine for a wedding, I guess, but, mostly, they stay in a drawer. This watch is certainly not expensive jewelry. It just a simple, useful tool for me. If I lose it, or break it, or whatever, I can toss it out and get another one. One less thing to worry about.
It is an excellent product.
on February 21, 2017
Nice looking watch and nice features for the price. The casing is plastic, but not obviously so. It is also smaller than I thought it would be, but that's alright. It fits with the retro look. I have included a picture of it side by side with my F-91W as well as a picture with a quarter on top of the window for size comparison. The band is easily adjustable and looks alright for a cheap watch. It tends to tug on the hairs on my arm, which is my biggest complaint, and the reason this watch gets 3 instead of 4 stars.This probably won't be a daily wear piece like I was hoping, but I won't be sending it back either.

Update: As others have suggested, I ditched the metal band and put it on a NATO strap. The fit on an 18mm band is very tight (I actually cut notches in the side of the band and sealed them with a lighter where the pins sit, to make taking the pins in and out easier), but it does look good and is much more comfortable. Honestly, I now have more invested in this watch than I would ever pay for it, but a few extra bucks isn't going to make or break me and I kind of like it.
review image review image review image
on November 2, 2015
Great basic watch with a nice display.

I have a tendency to destroy watches, and my previous plastic Casio watch only lasted 7 days before I broke it.

This one is still holding up after a few months, which is pretty good for me. I was planning on replacing the metal band with a silicone band, but this band is more comfortable than other metal bands I've used, so I haven't bothered to change it yet.

When I inevitably destroy this watch, I'll probably end up ordering another of the same.

I don't plan on ever buying a more expensive watch, since I'd probably end up destroying it as well.
on August 12, 2017
This watch is exactly what you think it is. The screws on the back of the watch catch my arm hair occasionally but other than that I have been very happy with this watch. I like the prominent date and time on the main screen and the option for a second time (I set it to UTC) on a different screen. The illumination is slightly more dim than I would want it but it is definitely bright enough to get the job done.

Buying a watch has saved a surprising amount of my phone battery from checking the time on it. I have a good 20%+ more battery on my phone at the end of the day since buying a watch.
on June 4, 2014
I'm giving this product 5 stars because for the price it absolutely delivers. It is not perfect, but I bought it for around $13.00, and it really is great for that price. OK,

THE GOOD
-Large, very clear display.
-Light Weight and Comfortable.
-Surprisingly good looking watch. I would feel comfortable wearing this with a suit or gardening.
-Easily adjustable clasp.
-If you've owned a 4-button digital watch before, you'll figure out the controls quickly.
-Crystal face is highly scratch resistant.

THE BAD
-The face contrast is not very good, so you really can't see the display at any kind of angle. You must be looking directly at the face to see the time.
-The light works, but it is not a back light like a Timex Indiglo. Rather, it's a side illuminating LED. It works, but it's not ideal.

If you want a good, solid everyday watch on the cheap, you can't do much better.
on June 26, 2013
I purchased this hoping the display would be easier to read than the too small A158W. It is much easier to read. Overall, a decent product. They say the case is metal. I don't believe it. I think it is some sort of composite material with a film of very shiny, chrome-like metalized material, almost like a veneer. It's not steel for sure. The watch is larger than the A158W, but is still a relatively smallish watch for a men's model, and very lightweight.

The band is great, classic old school. The watch has an annoying 'feature' where it beeps any time a button is pressed. It would be nice to be able to turn that off. The alarm options are near infinite, you can schedule it to a day out of the year if you want. It does have an hourly chime you can toggle on and off.

If anyone at Casion is interested in my suggestions for improvements; they would be:
1. As mentioned, to have the ability to silence the 'every time you push any button' beep.
2. A count-down timer would be nice; more useful than dual time zone in my opinion.
3. Dividers between the time/date. If you look at the wonderful classic "Marlin" Lithium 5 watches from the 80's, the displays were segmented, making them look cleaner in my opinion.
4. Stainless case.
5. The light is very weak, but worse, it is in the wrong spot. If you're at all used to Casio watches, you know the light is the top left. Not on this one! Seriously? WTF Casio!