|Price:||$17.47 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns. Details|
- Made in USA or Imported
- Stainless steel watch featuring rectangular dial window with black border, luminous face, alarm, and solar battery
- 32 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with digital display
- Three-link stainless steel bracelet with fold-over clasp
- Water resistant to 100 m (330 ft): In general, suitable for swimming and snorkeling, but not scuba diving
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Casio A168WA-1 Classic Wrist Watch A168WA-1 Watches
This classic Casio watch design never times out of fashion. Made with a stainless steel case, bezel and matching link bracelet, the Electro Luminescence features a digital display with EL Backlight and a convenient day-and-date calendar. With its daily alarm, hourly time signal and auto calendar, you'll never need to worry about missing another appointment, and sports lovers will make quick use of its 1/100 second digital stopwatch. Powered by quartz movement, this timeless Casio watch is equipped with a seven-year battery life.See all Product Description
- Product Dimensions: 1.4 x 0.4 x 1.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B000LAKYW8
- Item model number: A168W-1
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Metal batteries required. (included)
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2001
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Bleach|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Clasp||Fold over clasp|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||32 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||7 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band width||18 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Calendar||Day and date|
|Item weight||3.84 Ounces|
Top Customer Reviews
I simply wanted a nice looking digital watch that had a nice slim profile and kept excellent time. I didn't care for all the other fancy frills or features, all I want a watch to do is keep time. I hope this watch is available in another ten years (I no longer do construction) so I can replace this one when it wears out. Maybe I'll just go ahead and purchase another one now just in case.
No other person owns it except my Calculus teacher.
That's how you know it's totally swaggie.
Also: I ordered this one over the A158W because the backlight is much nicer. The whole thing illuminates, whereas on the A158W theres only a small light on the side and it's not as effective. For a few extra bucks I think it's worth it.
Edit: I'm changing the rating to 4 stars because the only stainless steel part is the backing and the rest of body of the watch is actually a pretty cheap coated plastic. I dropped the watch maybe 3 feet and it nicked the side instantly, which wouldn't happen to steel. It's still a good deal for the money but I'd happily pay more for an actual metal body.
1. The wristband is adjustable, but the manual doesn't mention how. Eventually I found a YouTube video that shows how, and it is easy. Since part of the purchase decision was planning to replace the band with a flexible metal one, I don't care. The watch shop told me that putting a metal band on a resin watch case would break the watch case in 6-12 months, in their experience, so I need a metal case. I hope the case is steel, the watch says "stainless steel back", but the product info on Amazon says steel case. When the watch dies - in 7 years - I may take a hacksaw to it and find out.
2. The numbers are small and hard to read. The face in 25 mm high, but only 10 mm is used for the display. The time digits are 5 mm high and the day and date characters are about half that. This is the worst feature of this watch.
3. The manual says to replace the water resistant seal every 2-3 years. Probably less expensive to buy a new watch, so I won't bother.
The good stuff:
1. The EL face lighting makes it easy to read the entire face at night.
2. The watch is slim enough to fit under a shirt sleeve. This is a major benefit since the current style is to make watches quite large and bulky.
As a medical student entering my clinical years, I needed to buy a watch that I could trust enough to keep my life on schedule, but not worry about getting scratched, broken, or covered with unknown bodily fluids. When I found this for under $15 at the time, the decision was easy. I know next to diddly-squat about watches, but what I do know is that in the past year and a half, this has served as my security blanket to make sure I get up in the morning, get to work on time, and never find myself running late. I've beaten this thing to hell and back, and it barely shows a scratch. I don't know what Casio did when they designed this thing, but I personally hope they never discontinue the model. I'll wear this baby until it dies, then go back and buy two more.
As a side note, to those with legit burgeoning interest in watches, this is a fantastic place to start. Although it's completely nondescript, I can't tell you how many comments I've gotten from people who DO know watches, complementing me on sporting one of the original digital wristwatches. Totally retro, but who doesn't want a watch that works perfectly, has a history to it, goes with every outfit you put on, and will last forever?
Go. Click purchase now.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Had to bring my watch game back to the classic. The watch that looks striking and modern no matter the decade. I forgot how much I loved my original from ages ago. Read morePublished 1 day ago by Travis T.
Used this watch for 7 years until finally the band broke. I don't blame the manufacturer, I took that thing to hell and back. Amazing product, so I bought another one. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Be Awesome To Each Other
Way more comfortable than expected especially after adjusting the band to fit. It keeps the time and date, which is really all I was looking for other than just a casual every day... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Sid Wright
Somehow, I missed that this watch does not have a timer function - it has a stopwatch, but that isn't the same function. Read morePublished 6 days ago by KLargent
This is a great basic watch with a cool 1980s look and feel to it. I've got a Rolex Submariner. I have a bunch of Invictas including two with Swiss automatic chronograph movements... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Andrew
Highly functional timepiece that has proven to be reliable. Solid value for the low price. Digital time on a budget.Published 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
It's my new watch. But it's my old watch too. This Casio is a proven design that dates from around 2005 or so. I had one like it before, and it served me well. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Vette Runner
A nice looking and well made watch for the money. A great watch for everyday wear and use!Published 9 days ago by Dennis