Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop Now HTL17_gno

on May 23, 2015
Pluses: I like the relatively large numbers and the fact that the battery is suppose to last 10 years. Around here they charge about $12 for replacement which is about the cost of this watch! Also it's nice the 4 buttons are labeled which allowed me to figure out how to change the time without referring to the manual.

Minuses: The clasp on the watch is actually adjustable for thicker or thinner wrists which isn't mentioned in the main manual. I found the wristband to be rather thin and tricky to snap.There was also a sheet of paper for the warranty with different fields and labels which were blank. I believe you can download the warranty info from the Amazon website. But these are relatively minor nits given the price.
on March 5, 2016
I bought this as insurance for my $100.00+ solar charging watch that was showing signs of a failing battery. At less than the cost of replacing it's rechargeable battery I received a nice little device that does everything I need a watch to do: Tell me what time it is. The only down side is that I'll probably loose a little muscle tone due to it's lightness. One negative: After two months mine already is about twenty seconds slow.
on October 3, 2016
This is an inexpensive digital watch that keep very good time and doesn't look bad either. The straps are stainless steel and clean very easy. The body of the watch is really plastic with a silver coat on it. While the coat didn't wear off, one of the holes with the pin that holds the straps on broke on the last one of these I purchased. But that was after 5 years of wearing it almost all the time. The buttons were a little bit hard to use recently but if you are looking for something with the date and time on it and maybe a stop watch once in a while this will be great buy.
on June 23, 2014
I chose this watch bec there are very few from Casio and Timex that offer a metal band but this watch is so light that I really doubt it's metal. Time will tell (I only have it for less than 2 weeks). My biggest problem is the light. First, it's counterintuitive. Its button is place on the top right-hand side instead of the top left (mea culpa, thought, for not looking at the pic in detail before placing the order); second and more important yet is that when pressed it illuminates the face from a corner (a yellowish light) and not as the Timex Indiglow does that it lights the entire face, so for me it makes the numbers very hard to see clearly. Other than these it's a very good-looking watch, it has a 10-year battery, the band doesn't require any tools to size it and it's easy to set, so for $10 plus shipping I still recommend this buy.
on April 26, 2013
I have had Casio watches since 1980. This is my fourth one (2013). I have NEVER had any problems with these rather cheap time pieces. Cheap does not pertain to the quality, by no means. This $15.45 watch has a stainless steel case (not chromed plastic), a very flexible easy to adjust stainless steel band, a large crystal with a good size read out. Of course the functions include a dual time mode, which is very useful when traveling in a different time zone or abroad, a stopwatch feature, dial light and a 10 year battery life. I can highly recommend this as an excellent casual watch for people of any age, especially for those with rather small arms (I found that some of the modern watches are very heavy and hurt when moving your arm too fast and it bounces back onto your wrist) and poor eyesight, since it has large easy viewable digits. By the way, I still have the older two watches which are still running, but are scratched up.
Nick
on January 31, 2017
While it took me a bit to get the time set and still having issues with the alarm, it's great! Works well, very resilient and fits well. Word of warning for the men; the band is rather small. I'm a female and it fits me perfectly, so keep that in mind.
on February 14, 2016
You cannot beat the price to function ratio of this watch. It has an old school feel and is very sturdy for the price although I did have some issues with it yanking at the hairs on my wrist when I first bought it. I'm not sure if I just got used to it or if it just yanked all applicable hairs.

I had a funny moment when I (a 26 yo male) was riding the subway next to a 80 year old lady and she had the same watch on as me. I commented "nice watch" as I pointed to mine and she smiled.

It's versatile and spans generational boundaries.
on January 24, 2012
So, the watch is what you'd expect for a $14 watch. The actual face enclosure (the square part around the face of the watch) is plastic, not metal, which means it can get scratched up easily and feels cheap. Other than that, the watch is everything it says it is, EXCEPT:

It is NOT a fold-over clasp. The description of the watch says it is, and then has a diagram showing a fold-over clasp. This is the kind of clasp that you have to remove links in order to size properly, but once you do, it's easy-on/easy-off. This watch, however, does not have that kind of clasp. It has the kind in the picture (yes, the picture and description do not match--the picture is CORRECT, the description is not--and I have contacted Amazon about it), which is a bit trickier to put on. Not a huge deal, unless you were specifically looking for a fold-over clasp, which I was . . . Hence the three stars.

Also, the "Illuminator" feature works well, but it's not the "Indi-glo" type illumination of other (more expensive) watches, where the entire face glows. This "Illuminator" just has a light in the bottom right corner, but it still does a pretty good job of lighting up the face.

Again, this watch is a bargain at $14, but it's nothing amazing. If you're all about function over form, this is a good watch, as long as you can live with the clasp.
on April 9, 2017
This is a great watch for the money. It was easy to set up and I love that it has a dual timezone function so I can have EST and MST with just the click of a button. I also love that it has a 10 year battery, though the manual clearly states that the 10 year function will be decreased if you use the light more than once a day. Either way, it is still a great value and well worth the money.
VINE VOICEon November 23, 2017
I've owned the rectangular cheap Casio for years. I thought I'd try this ome. It works about the same, but I like the other version better. That Casio is cheaper, works just as well; A158WA-1. Being square, it's a bit harder to read since everything is crammed together on the watch face.

I have no idea of the longevity of this watch since I just started wearing it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.