|Price:||$14.21 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. FREE Returns. Details|
- LED light: A light-emitting diode (LED) is used to illuminate the watch face
- Hourly Time Signal, 1/100 second stopwatch, Countdown Timer, Full auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099
- 12/24 Hour Formats, Button operation tone on/off
- CR2025, 10 years Battery Life, 1 battery
- Perfect for swimming and snorkelling: Water resistant to 10 bar / 100 metres, The metres value does not relate to a diving depth but to the air pressure used in the course of the water resistance test (ISO 22810)
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
This watch features a black resin band, 248-segment high density LCD with digital analog hand format, world time zone display, world time (48 cities + UTC) and 10-year battery life.
- Product Dimensions: 1.9 x 0.5 x 1.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B003DZDYMU
- Item model number: AE1000W-1BVCF
- Date first available at Amazon.com: March 25, 2010
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Casio|
|Dial window material type||Glass|
|Display Type||Analog and digital|
|Case diameter||43.7 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||13.7 millimeters|
|Band length||Men's Standard|
|Band width||18 millimeters|
|Calendar||Day, date, and month|
|Item weight||1.44 Ounces|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
Alarm - so I don't miss flights in foreign countries
Local time - for whichever country I'm in
Multiple global time zones - for when hopping from one country to another
Water resistance - for those lazy, or sporty, days in tropical waters
Low price point - so if I get mugged as I did in Bogota, it wouldn't totally ruin my day.
I did the usual searches on Amazon: sports watch, travel watch, etc. Did not see this watch, and almost bought another watch that I did not quite like. And then this one appeared under a "People who looked at this, also looked at these" suggestion.
Bam. Exactly what I wanted. Now that I've received the watch, I tried doing a search for this watch to help other readers in their searches.
If you do:
Watches > Sport Watches > Casio > Prime Eligible > Under $50
It'll appear as #73 (today) ! And that's just looking at Casios. Forget about if you were looking at the entire database of sports watches under $50.
It does all the things laid out in my objectives. The alarm can be a daily alarm or a one-time alarm. I like that, since the one time alarm will disable itself.
1. You can set the LOCAL time for your country/city (or wherever you happen to be) under T-1.
Then you can choose to store 3 other cities/countries, and it will automatically show the time for those selections saved under T-2, T-3 and T-4.
The watch can show the current time in 48 cities (31 time zones) around the world, and you can easily scroll through all the zones and set any city as T1, T2, T3, T4.Read more ›
I personally like this watch, because it looks great (especially with this world map). Plus there is also an analog dial screen for those who like analog screens. The watch has 5 alarms, stopwatch, and world time (which is an excellent tool for travelers or people who have relatives or friends in other countries). An the last, this watch is very light weight, so after some time you will not even notice if it is on your arm.
Overall, this is a great watch, I give it an A+.
After looking at it, I decided I liked it enough to pay the difference.
-5 Alarms! 5! You can set them to go off once or daily. Awesome!
-Local time for over 35 cities across the world, plus an easy to change feature that makes any of them local time at the press of a button. (The ability to change home time at the touch of a buttom....awesome. Will come in handy when I travel to the west coast later in the spring.)
-Countdown with anything between 24 hours and 1 minute.
- Stopwatch with dual finish split time for measuring two finishes.
- Date accounts for leap years and built in month changes up to 2099.
- Breathable strap and lightweight design.
-Water Resistant up to 100M
- Would have liked to see the backlight illuminate the whole screen when the button is pressed, as other cheaper Casios and Timex watches do. Small thing to nit pick at as you can change the light from one second to three seconds to conserve battery life.
- Have to manually change DST. Not a big deal to change twice a year but still. Would be better if it had it built in, but again, a small thing to gripe about.
The bottom line. This is a great watch for the price for anyone who's looking for a sports watch, world time watch, watch with multiple alarms or even someone just looking for a digital watch. It's a nice looking design, lightweight and to be honest, with the features it has, I'd imagine it could be even $10-15 more.
Pick one up. You won't regret it.
Due to the many features of this watch, setting it is somewhat complex. The buttons are sensitive, and unintended pressure against your wrist as you move your hand will sometimes change the display; that has proven to be annoying. If you are in dim light, or need to use the illumination button, the viewing angle is very restrictive. Overall, this device is not particularly user friendly, in my opinion.
Take note: The description speaks of a 10 year battery life. This is FALSE. To explain, I will post the following quote from the included manual.
"Battery: lithium battery Type CR2025. Approximately 10 years lifespan based upon 10 seconds of alarm operation and 1.5 seconds of illumination per day.
***Initial Battery: The battery that comes loaded in your watch when you purchase it is used for function and performance testing at the factory. THIS TYPE OF TEST BATTERY MAY GO DEAD QUICKER THAN THE NORMALLY RATED BATTERY LIFE AS NOTED IN THE USER'S GUIDE. YOU WILL BE CHARGED FOR REPLACEMENT OF THIS BATTERY EVEIN IF REPLACEMENT IS REQUIRED WITHIN THE WATCH'S WARRANTY PERIOD."
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Solid watch for a budget price. I dislike the band of the watch as it really feels just as cheap as the watch is. Previously I had the most basic G-shock (was stolen... Read morePublished 1 day ago by J. Ruble
Excellent watch! I always love Casio. Never liked premium brand watches. Expensive and can't do much. With Casio, it's always worry free!Published 2 days ago by Jay
Bought it for my son because he is the one kid in America that does not have a cell phone and said he needed to know what time it was. This watch was perfect for him. Read morePublished 4 days ago by Smartypants_monica
Excellent battery life, been using it for like 2 years now and frequently using the backlight led with no issues whatsoever. Read more
My son wears this all the time! Love the water resistant feature for him too since he is so active.Published 10 days ago by Lorraine