Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 281 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 301 reviews
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 13, 2016
Simple Casio wristwatch with common functions but quite useful. Case and wristband is constructed with the common Casio watch black resin materials.

The mineral glass seems to be good and all important information is easy to read on the digital screen. The screen light is the classic amber light with good enough illumination.

Watch comes with the classic Casio plastic case, owner's manual and simple instructions.

We are satisfied with the price paid and the quality of the watch as well.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on May 20, 2017
When I saw that this watch had an Illuminator display, I just assumed it had a modern electroluminescent backlight. When I got the watch it became apparent that it simply had an old fashioned dim white LED backlight, which made it difficult to view in the dark. I also find the stiff and sharp edged band uncomfortable, and only half of the large watch face is dedicated to the basic display. Instead, there is a lot of useless and redundant aircraft cockpit type stuff like an unreadable miniature analog clock and an hourglass style seconds display. Meanwhile, the watch is unnecessarily large and bulky. On the positive side, I paid less than $18 for a watch with a 200m water pressure rating and a 10 year battery.

I bought this watch in February, 2016, but have now recently purchased a much better Casio G-Shock DW-5600E-1V that resolves all these issues. It cost twice as much, but is infinitely better.
on June 6, 2014
I was very pleasantly surprised when I first saw this watch in person. It looks much better than the pictures would suggest. This is one of the best looking inexpensive Casio digital watches that I've seen.

Pros

- Styling is reminiscent of an aircraft instrument panel
- Blue color of the upper display looks impressive, especially in bright light
- Dial has a lot of depth (even the labels are on little raised panels)
- Stainless steel upper case (not the usual silver-painted resin)
- Time digits are large and easy to read
- LCD background is very bright (easier to read in lower light than most other Casio digital watches)
- Mineral glass crystal (usually acrylic on an inexpensive Casio)
- 200m water resistance (usually 100m on an inexpensive Casio)
- Resin band is pretty comfortable (much more so than with the G-Shock GW2310)
- Four time zone feature (same as with the similarly-featured AE1200)
- One-time alarm feature (the AE1200 also has this, but most Casios have only daily alarms)
- 10-year battery

Cons

- Alarm volume is very low (the AE1200 has a noticeably louder alarm; the WS210 has a much louder alarm)
- No snooze alarm feature (the WS210 and GW2310 have this)
- Analog clock is small with low contrast, so it's hard to read (analog clock on the AE1200 is bigger and brighter)
- Analog clock can shadow some of the main time digits when the watch is illuminated from the top
- Light with single amber LED in lower left corner of display gives weak, uneven illumination (AE1200 is better with an LED in each of the lower corners, but both would be much better with a blue EL backlight)

Overall

- A great looking watch for a very reasonable price. It's bigger and thicker than the AE1200, but I think it looks better.
on March 2, 2017
Love this watch, but.... the button for changing city/region time somehow keeps gets accidentally pressed (I wear it on my right hand). And two weeks ago, it advanced itself 30 minutes on a morning I was giving a big presentation/speaking and threw me off schedule when it auto-advanced 30 minutes. I think the client is still upset with me over cutting out a portion of my presentation when I believed there wasn't enough time. It was my mobile phone time that led me to realize its incorrect time.
on August 12, 2011
I didn't want a fancy watch, just one that did basic timekeeping.

At $28.34, this Casio has failed to discourage me. The time is large in size and can be seen without bringing your arm close to your body. Month and day are shown well, though the Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun font seems different from the rest (and a bit harder to read). Daylight saving time is a plus, and 41 other time zones allow me to check what time it is in other countries before I call to make sure that I won't be disturbing their rest. 5 alarms haven't been too useful, but I'm sure some people can find a use for it (though not for waking up if they are heavy sleepers). Stopwatch and timer work as they should. The mute button is useful when I don't want to disturb a meeting by accidentally pressing a button (which is very difficult since the buttons are placed within the circumference of the watch). Have not yet tested 200 meter water resistance or 10 year battery (only had it for a few days), but I assume Casio would not lie on that aspect.

Though the following are things which I dislike of the watch, they are just annoyances at most, nothing to hate it for:
The top-left box which is similar to the altitude display in a plane's cockpit tells seconds in 10-step intervals. I can't think of a single use for it - and the constant changing every 10 seconds wastes unnecessary battery.
I bought this watch because it was digital, not analog. Therefore, I don't care that the analog in the top-center portion of this watch is very difficult to see without holding the watch half a foot away from you. Again, something that could have been left out to save battery life.
The light button emits a light which gets the job done - meaning you can see the time in the dark. However, it is a very obvious single LED light from the bottom left corner which reminds me that the watch was pretty cheap. I am used to my old Casio which would seem as if the whole screen would light up, so maybe other people would not care as much about this.
on January 29, 2016
Good watch for the price, feels solid. I wanted a cheap but decent quality watch for riding my jet ski, swimming and the outdoors. Something that is not going to set me back too much if I lose it or break it. So far this watch is meeting my expectations, not flimsy, you can set different time zones, water resistant 200 meters although I don't plan to dive with it, maybe snorkeling in the summer.

The only con that I see is that the light is a little weak for its size imo. Don't get me wrong it does its job but my other cheapo Casio watch is much brighter, having the letters in blue why not use a blue light. This is my only pet peeve and it sure isn't a deal breaker for me. Overall good Casio watch, I just wish they would get into the smartwatch business soon.

Update: I'm taking the time to update my review and lowering the stars to 1 because the watch died a few months ago, in late 2016, very disappointed. I've owned it for less than one year. I will open it and replace battery when I get some time and update post if battery was the issue.
review image review image
55 comments| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2015
Casio is by far the best digital watch company in the world but it just seems like this watch wins it all. The upcoming list is of reasons why I think this Casio watch is the best one you can buy.

Reason One:
The price is unbeatable! I have never seen such a great watch for the price of $13! And coming from Casio you know it won't be a rip off! There are plenty of other Casio watches that can do the same thing that this watch can do for a price twice as much! With a price like $13 nothing can go wrong and it won't be such a bummer is you don't like it overall. 5/5

Reason Two:
The amount of things it can do. This watch is capable of doing world time in twenty different spots worldwide, you are able to bookmark your four most favorite spots (one of them being were you live), it has five different alarms with exceptional sound when it goes off, and it has a timer and stopwatch that can go to up to 24 hours. This watch was obviously built for a busy life style. 5/5

Reason Three:
Its water proof and has ten year battery. This watch is water proof up to 200 meters under water so you definitely won't need to worry about your watch getting destroyed by water. Its ten year battery makes it so that you won't need to replace the battery for quite a long time. 5/5

To sum it up this watch is cheap but not cheaply made, has world time, five alarms, a stopwatch and timer, can go under water for 200 meters and has a ten year battery! This is worth the buy!
on January 24, 2014
This watch was not at all expensive. I was looking for a simple bumming around watch for the beach and something to wear while exercising. Nothing wrong with the watch but I was attracted to it based on the specifications and in particular a 48mm case diameter. There is no possible way this watch is 48mm Case Diameter. I found it a little disappointing for the size as I like bigger watches. It is not the sellers fault. This is something that Casio is stating but trust me - the case on this watch is much smaller. I have several watches that are anywhere from 48mm-52mm and this one is nowhere near it in size (this is much smaller - more like a 42mm). But - there are some nice features like 31 time zones and 48 cities. Not too bad considering I only paid $22! It is water resistant to 200meters which is another bonus. I got the black and silver. I've only had it for 24 hours so I'll update the review after I've had it for a few weeks and have broken it in.
on August 2, 2017
As a watch it has been fine. Has lost a second in 11 days. Thing it hasn't done as well at is compute the difference in time zones. I live in the Mountain time zone and it only computes the difference as one hour to the Eastern time zone instead of two. Thought I'd place myself on the coast instead to give myself two hours difference but then it computed 3 hours difference which is correct. Oh well. Haven't tried the other features yet.
on October 9, 2014
Unfortunately the Alarm sound is so faint it is useless. There seems to be no way to increase the sound. I attempted to test the Alarm sound per the directions and couldn't even hear "the test". This Alarm sound failure to be heard eliminates many of the features of this watch. I would NOT recommend this watch. I would have expected much better performance from Casio, but this particular sound failure indicates false advertising on Casio's part.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.