Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,565 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,664 reviews
on July 9, 2015
I really like this watch. It's light-weight, comfortable to wear, and rather easy to setup. I noticed that one customer didn't like the blue face and thought it would be black. But I love the blue face. I have many watches with black faces and this one is a pleasant departure from those. My only complaint is that the Alarm and Hourly Chime don't work, OR the volume is so low that I can't hear it. Either way, it's useless in that regard. Digital watches hit the scene 30-40 years ago and when they beeped EVERYONE heard them! But today's watches just do not beep loud enough to be of any value.

I also can't figure out the Stop Watch feature. It has Split and Lap and I started it, stopped it, but don't know how to Reset it. I should read the instructions I guess.

I own 35 watches (most need a new battery) and this one is a favorite. I would recommend it to anyone.
review image
on January 6, 2017
I am writing this review after using this watch for 5 months of usage. I have number of features of this product and found really worth the money you are spending. Lets begin with what i liked most and in the later half i will go with what I did not like

Pros:
- Great price
- Great design, highly legible and similar to the G shock aviator watches which cost $200-$300 or more
- Solar watch means no battery to replace
- Perfectly sized for medium or large wrists
Cons:
- Subjective, but the "Tough Solar Illuminator" printed on the bezel cheapens the look of the watch significantly. This is easily fixed by carefully sanding it off using a fine grit sanding sponge available from Home Depot or Lowes. The words come off fairly easily and without leaving any noticeable scratching.
- No second hand
- Digital display doesn't have a day/date display option. It offers Hours/Min/Sec, Day/Sec, and Month/Day/Sec. None of these are ideal as it's easy to mix up H/M/S and M/D/S. Ideally it would have Day/Date on the display and a second hand. Also, the seconds bar graph is not very useful. Why not give us 2 more digits so we could see Day/Date/Sec?
- The band is adequate, but feels cheap. Since it uses 16mm lugs in the non standard casio recessed style it is not easily replaced like a watch that uses standard 18/20 mm lugs with more exposed pins.

Overall it's a great watch for the money.
review image
on December 5, 2016
awesome watch for the value. i really wanted the G-shock atomic solar watch (for SHTF, survival, etc) but when i saw there was a $70 difference between that and this, i quickly realized i could deal with not have atomic timing. I've had it for a few months and it's been keeping perfect time. i received it with a half solar charge so when i wore it out i would make sure to keep it open to the sun and after a week or so it was fully charged. i didn't have any issues with the digital not 100% syncing up with the analog like some have stated, it just adjusted and was done. i honestly don't have any complaints except for maybe i wish the clasp hardware was metal instead of plastic. i can foresee that breaking with hard use or snagging it the right way on something, and then i'll have to be on the hunt for a replacement. but that doesn't merit a knock down in stars. $30 or so for a solar watch is great.
on September 30, 2013
I've had this watch a few weeks now. Solar battery feature seems to work well, and I have yet to see the battery level drop below "HI." Left it in a dark bedroom for awhile and the digital screen turned off, but it woke up upon a key press. Lots of good functions for a watch that costs so little. Multiple alarms, multiple time zones, stopwatch and timer, several other features. Like someone else mentioned, there is not a crown on this watch. You set the time on the digital screen, then the hands spin to where they should be. My only complaint: the face scratches easily. It is sunken in, which should protect it from some scratches, but mine already has several. Overall, though, I am pleased. I love the look of the watch and I would buy it again.
on March 17, 2015
I purchased this watch on January 9, 2014. For months it seemed to work fine, other than failing to properly adjust the time for daylight savings time, but on today's date it began to show evidence of a water leak. The face of the watch had a thin film of vapor on the inside of the crystal and I know once a watch begins to show signs of moisture behind the face it is only a matter of time until it stop working completely. I called Casio to see about getting a replacement.

Casio said the warranty was for only 1-year and it had now been 14 months, so they would not repair the watch under warranty. I took very good care of this watch, as I care for all of my belongings. The watch was a diving watch, but I never used it for diving. Other than an occasional trip into the shower, the watch hardly ever saw water. I explained this to the rep, but she did not care. She told me I could pay postage to send it to one of their repair locations and they would estimate the cost of repair. Since the watch only cost $30 to begin with, I saw no point in that and I told her I'd toss the watch in the garbage and write a negative review on Amazon. She recommended I do just that. Disappointing. Very disappointing that so few manufacturers take any pride in the workmanship and reliability of their product these days.

I would steer clear of this watch and buy something from someone who will stand behind the craftsmanship of their product, unlike Casio.
on April 12, 2015
I did a lot of looking around before choosing this watch. This was by far the best deal I found for the quality and features. I've already put it through days of manual labor (digging holes and such) and washed it off making it look like new again. This watch is very tough and will not break with normal use. I like the feature of digital military time as I use this for work. It's very easy to toggle through date, timer, stopwatch and alarms.
The watch is a little bigger than I'm used to but I don't really notice it. The band itself is comfortable on my wrist. The display light feature is very nice; it stays on for two seconds to conserve battery. This is my first solar powered watch so I will be updating this review again.

Update: it's now been over six months since my purchase and I am still very pleased. It still keeps good time. I've worn it everyday, in the shower or swimming and no condensation or fogging of the lens has occurred. If it gets dirty I wash it with soap and water. The band has held up to a lot of abuse and physical labor. No damage shows whatsoever. The lens however now has a couple small marks on it but are hard to see. The battery has remained at full power...no issues there. I have worn it so much that I have a tan line to remind me I'm not wearing it! I STILL strongly recommend.
review image review image
on November 26, 2014
Most of the good things about this watch have already been pointed out. I have no complaints with this watch (except may be alarm duration). I will focus on things that one should notice before buying this watch:
1) No second's hand
2) Alarm duration is just 10 seconds (i want it to be at least 20 or 30 sec), no snooze function (so you may want to make use of 5 alarms here)
3) light is for digital LCD only (so if you want to check time at night set the mode to display time before going to sleep, also because of power saving feature it may take extra 1-2 seconds power up LCD to show time. It may get annoying to press button twice to see time especially if you are sleeping)
4) The buckle of wrist band is made of plastic not metal (may be a concern for few).

I heard few people complaining about analog time not matching with digital time and is off by few minutes. Actually there is a provision to fix that too. Press and hold the "adjust" button for 5-6 seconds (you will see "adj" but keep holding). After this both hands will automatically come to 12 and you can align them using "light" and "search" button. After you are done, press "adjust". Watch will come to proper time again. I hope it will help. All the information is given in manual. If you do not have manual, download once from CASIO's website.
Overall a nice watch.
on March 17, 2017
I bought this watch because the description said it had multiple alarms and count down timers, as well as a backlight.
It does,but...
1) They are pretty difficult to set.
2) The alarms are stupid quite and only last for a few seconds maybe 3.
3) The backlight only lights up the digital part of the watch. So if you don't have it set just right and it is dark out you can't tell what time it is because it doesn't light up the face of the watch.

I need to take medication several time a day so I need a countdown timer. The watch has one but I rarely hear it. The alarm is so quite that if you are riding in a car you will not hear the 3 second alarm.
The hands of the watch have "glow in the dark" tabs, but they don't glow for long. If you have been in the dark for more than 2 hours you can't tell where the hands are.

So, If you need a watch with an alarm or count down timer, or you are ever outside after the sun sets; don't buy this watch.
on December 13, 2016
This is an amazing product for people who love the look of G-Shock watches. This watch is exactly like the G-Shock except it is powered by a small solar panel in the watch. It is just as rugged and hardy as the G-Shocks are.
For people wondering about the battery like I did, don't worry about it. It does not take very long to charge the watch in direct sunlight (about 15 minutes maybe). I have never had to actively charge it though because when I drive my watch faces the sun, and it has been on 'High' battery for months. The battery is very good, and even if you only go out of your house once a week you'll have no problem keeping the watch charged.
on January 3, 2015
this watched looked very good and sturdy via internet photos. However, when I opened the box and grab the watch, I realize that it is very very light watch. probably lightest watch that I have ever owned. LIGHT IS GOOD, but at the same time, I also realized that the quality of the watch is not up to my standard at all. The watch band was too low quality and felt very cheap. the dial was clean and attractive looking, but the digital screen was was too small and very difficult to see. Also, when I pressed the "light" illumination, it was not the "back light". It was a small orange colored bulb light for the small digital screen which did not even light up well.

I am certain that this watch can last few years and work well enough, however, it just felt too cheap. If they had used better plastic for the bad and made the digital screen bit larger with back light, I would have kept it. But I have decided to return this watch.