Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,623 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,724 reviews
on March 19, 2017
I bought this watch for the alarms, but once I figured out how to set the time, sync digital and analog times, and set any alarm, I realized that the alarm was impossible to hear. In case it was related to the solar power, I put it into the sun for a day to change the battery strength from "mid" to "high". The alarm sound was still indistinguishable. I should have done a bit more research before the purchase. I'm now looking for a watch with a vibration style alarm.
on January 3, 2015
this watched looked very good and sturdy via internet photos. However, when I opened the box and grab the watch, I realize that it is very very light watch. probably lightest watch that I have ever owned. LIGHT IS GOOD, but at the same time, I also realized that the quality of the watch is not up to my standard at all. The watch band was too low quality and felt very cheap. the dial was clean and attractive looking, but the digital screen was was too small and very difficult to see. Also, when I pressed the "light" illumination, it was not the "back light". It was a small orange colored bulb light for the small digital screen which did not even light up well.

I am certain that this watch can last few years and work well enough, however, it just felt too cheap. If they had used better plastic for the bad and made the digital screen bit larger with back light, I would have kept it. But I have decided to return this watch.
on July 22, 2016
The watch comes with a tiny instruction booklet which is thorough but can be challenging to read/follow during the MULTIPLE steps to setup. May want to look for instructions online on a Webpage if available to set up the watch. The light only Illuminates the small LED screen on mine, I thought it would illuminate the entire face of the watch. The Glow effect on indicators, hour/minute hands and markers don't glow very long. I was disappointed with the watch band. It is a very light material, the buckle? Clasp? Fastener seems very light, non metal, really question durability, it may just be a strong lightweight synthetic material but by feel doesn't seem like it will hold up very well over daily wear and the occasional snags that sometimes happen but then I work around and drive Trucks so reaching in tight storage compartments, under tight spaces, squeezing between pallets, reaching over storage racks etc. so may not be an issue for some. Regarding water resistance, it may or may not, I just need it to perform in Med/Heavy rain so time will tell. I do surf, kayak, hike, occasional river or lake fun but I will not be testing this watch. I don't consider it a rugged enough watch for an avid outdoorsman.
I purchased the watch for the SOLAR Charging feature, I'm on the road from time to time and becomes too difficult in a Tractor-Trailer to get to retailers who will replace batterys.
The watch looks good and keeps time. Personally I'm considering it a temporary watch until I find something I feel confident for long term with the Solar Feature.
Ok. For the Price I would say it is a value for casual daily wear but I really question the Solar SPORT name. I would pass on this if you're looking for G-Shock type wearability.
on October 15, 2016
I bought this as a gift for my father and he loved it! It is affordable and has a great design that makes it appropriate to use for all occasions. It is also very durable!
review image
on June 25, 2015
My goal was to find an inexpensive sport watch that was simple, rugged looking and analog. Ages ago I owned the original squarish G-shock and loved it. However, most everything I was able to find in the current G-Shock line was either too big, too expensive or had far too many bells and whistles. Plus I am just not a fan of all digital displays. That's just me.

This watch fits almost all of my criteria. It is made of lightweight resin and hits the sweet spot in size for me. It is nice and large but not bordering on ginormous like many G-Shocks. Despite it's size it is super light and I barely notice it.

Some may find the digital functions limited but I like that because it only includes things I will ACTUALLY use. 5 independent alarms, Stopwatch, 2 countdown timers and World Time is all I will ever need out of a watch.

My only knock on it is that the entire face does not illuminate. The light is only for the small digital display at the bottom. It's not a deal breaker but a fully lit face would have made the watch a 10 out of 10 for me.

All in all this is a great watch for the money and would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive, simple sport watch with a nice rugged analog look.
on June 2, 2017
The controls have never become intuitive to me but it keeps great time me, stays charged easily and looks good as a wear every day to work watch--whether I'm wearing a suit or jeans and a T-shirt, it sort of fits right in.
on September 1, 2013
The fit of this watch is great! The face is thin and the rubber band is also very thin to fit small framed wrists in a way that looks great! At first I thought after reading the specs that the amount of mm of the face (I think it's 50mm) was too large for me but after trying it on it looks great. The four screws contrasting the black give it an even more masculine and distinctive look along with the 4 slightly protruding flat side buttons on the 2, 4, 8 and 10 hour marks on the outside of the face especially when seen at an angle.

I had no problem setting up the watch for my city (Miami) which is the "New York" setting for the correct time zone and the small digital window time synched right up when following the directions of the included instructions.

The solar power is great knowing you don't have to fuss with batteries and since this is my "weekend watch" I simply place it close to the window (mine is a north window) but if you have direct sun coming into the room as in a south window I'm not sure if that would be too much heat for it. Never a problem after around a month of having it with the time.

Other functions, I honestly don't use. I'm giving this 5 stars because it's extremely comfortable, looks very sleek and masculine, is easy to read with the light colored fluorescent hands against the black background, needs no batteries, seems very durable and on top of it all, it's cheap for what you get.
on April 21, 2014
I wanted a watch with hands so that I could quickly see the time. This pretty much meets that requirement.

But I also wanted a clear indication of the day and date. Regrettably, the tiny little LCD display window is almost worthless. I almost can't read it even with my glasses.

I have trouble programming the display to show what I want, and it seems to reprogram itself without my help. After getting the date and day on the tiny screen, it goes back to a different display a few days later. I don't get it.

Like most digital watches, changing the display can be a nightmare, and I'm giving up on this one.

My two-star rating (I don't like it) is a reflection of its benefit to me. After a year of use, I'm about to toss it out and buy something else. For ten bucks, I could have gotten a watch that does a better job.
on March 18, 2017
No more buying/installing batteries every one to three years. Battery gets low, just sit it on the south facing window sill and it charges the battery. Couple hours in full sunlight and the battery is full charged. So far I like it allot. I bumped the crystal several times now and there are no scratches. So it must not be plastic as some reviews claim.
on October 11, 2014
Let's start with looks.
I love how it can rock a sporty feel to it, but also maintain a classical analog look to it with its glow in the dark hands.
I love the Black & White look to it because it keeps the design stylish and simple.
Its water resistant, so swimming in it was no problem.
When it comes down to its funtions, (Alarms, StpWatch, Timer, etc.) It can be a a little confusing at first but the manual makes using this watch thing fairly easy.
As for its Con's, I would have to say its Date/Day mode. It has the option of displaying the Day of the week, but not the day in the month with it. Instead it shows the seconds in the side of the day for example: TUES47. And same goes for the date: 10.11 37.
And did I mention its solar powered? Overall, I give a 4 star rating. Since everything isn't perfect but very close, and especially at this price point.
Verdict: Highly Suggest It