Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite uncharted Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,615 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,714 reviews
on August 22, 2017
Great price for a sturdy & capable watch. No battery to replace, the face is a solar cell and the watch goes to sleep if stored in a dark area. Bring it into the light and it recovers immediately. I really like the world time feature, tap the top two buttons and it jumps to the time zone. In other words, a quick pinch of the watch as I exit the plane and I'm on local time. Brilliant.

One drawback - the light is only for the digital window, not the whole face. Not a big deal since the hands glow in the dark but it might irritate you if you need or expect the full face to be lit.

I like it so much I replaced it like for like the same day I broke my first one (the break was my fault, given what I unintentionally did to it there's no way I can blame the watch).

Watch the reviews on Youtube and then but this watch.
on March 19, 2017
I bought this watch for the alarms, but once I figured out how to set the time, sync digital and analog times, and set any alarm, I realized that the alarm was impossible to hear. In case it was related to the solar power, I put it into the sun for a day to change the battery strength from "mid" to "high". The alarm sound was still indistinguishable. I should have done a bit more research before the purchase. I'm now looking for a watch with a vibration style alarm.
on January 3, 2015
this watched looked very good and sturdy via internet photos. However, when I opened the box and grab the watch, I realize that it is very very light watch. probably lightest watch that I have ever owned. LIGHT IS GOOD, but at the same time, I also realized that the quality of the watch is not up to my standard at all. The watch band was too low quality and felt very cheap. the dial was clean and attractive looking, but the digital screen was was too small and very difficult to see. Also, when I pressed the "light" illumination, it was not the "back light". It was a small orange colored bulb light for the small digital screen which did not even light up well.

I am certain that this watch can last few years and work well enough, however, it just felt too cheap. If they had used better plastic for the bad and made the digital screen bit larger with back light, I would have kept it. But I have decided to return this watch.
on March 18, 2017
very nice watch; easy to read and comfortable to wear. Con: at the outset it is difficult to figure out all of the nuances to be able to use all of the capability. Directions were not particularly well written and the instruction book could not have used smaller type (well maybe) and it is hard to read. Anyway after a few days of messing with it and just before deciding to return it I was able to figure out the adjustments etc. That having been accomplished I am now quite pleased with my purchase. If you tend to be short on patience you might consider a different watch.
on April 16, 2015
I have had this watch for more than a month, now. I did not find the watch difficult to set the time, or to use any of the other features. I read the manual one time for how to set the time initially, and the rest of the features I figured out intuitively.

FIT:
I find the watch to fit me very comfortably. I do not have large wrists. There are 11 sizing holes on the wristband, and I wear it on the 5th smallest one. I am 6'0" and about 190lbs. The plastic band does not get hot or cold like a metal band does. I probably tend to sweat under the plastic band more than I would a metal band, but it is also much lighter.

READABILITY:
I find the backlight to be more than adequate in low/no light situations. When the hands have been in the light, they glow brightly.

BATTERY:
As I received my watch, it has read HI for the battery life. I wear it all day at work, usually with long-sleeved dress shirts. Sometimes my sleeve covers the watch, sometimes it doesn't. Point is: it rarely sits in direct light, but gets light intermittently most of the day. Then it sits in the dark overnight. The battery still has always read HI every time I check.

LOOKS:
I find the watch to have a rugged appearance. Looks like something you would expect to see in the military. Personally, I like the look a lot.

SIZE:
It's a fairly big watch. The screen/lens is at least 50% bigger than an American $0.25 quarter.

DURABILITY:
I can't speak to how durable it is, really. What I can say, however, is that I have smacked my wrist quite hard into filing cabinets or other large metal objects. When these times have happened, I thought to myself, "Uh oh, I bet I just cracked the screen or the bezel." Each time so far, the watch has endured flawlessly. As I inspect the watch closely, I can see very minor scuff marks. From a glance, you would never see them. I had to look with the intent of finding scratches to see mine.

Overall, for ~$35 or so, I highly recommend this watch.
on July 22, 2016
The watch comes with a tiny instruction booklet which is thorough but can be challenging to read/follow during the MULTIPLE steps to setup. May want to look for instructions online on a Webpage if available to set up the watch. The light only Illuminates the small LED screen on mine, I thought it would illuminate the entire face of the watch. The Glow effect on indicators, hour/minute hands and markers don't glow very long. I was disappointed with the watch band. It is a very light material, the buckle? Clasp? Fastener seems very light, non metal, really question durability, it may just be a strong lightweight synthetic material but by feel doesn't seem like it will hold up very well over daily wear and the occasional snags that sometimes happen but then I work around and drive Trucks so reaching in tight storage compartments, under tight spaces, squeezing between pallets, reaching over storage racks etc. so may not be an issue for some. Regarding water resistance, it may or may not, I just need it to perform in Med/Heavy rain so time will tell. I do surf, kayak, hike, occasional river or lake fun but I will not be testing this watch. I don't consider it a rugged enough watch for an avid outdoorsman.
I purchased the watch for the SOLAR Charging feature, I'm on the road from time to time and becomes too difficult in a Tractor-Trailer to get to retailers who will replace batterys.
The watch looks good and keeps time. Personally I'm considering it a temporary watch until I find something I feel confident for long term with the Solar Feature.
Ok. For the Price I would say it is a value for casual daily wear but I really question the Solar SPORT name. I would pass on this if you're looking for G-Shock type wearability.
on October 15, 2016
I bought this as a gift for my father and he loved it! It is affordable and has a great design that makes it appropriate to use for all occasions. It is also very durable!
review image
on June 25, 2015
My goal was to find an inexpensive sport watch that was simple, rugged looking and analog. Ages ago I owned the original squarish G-shock and loved it. However, most everything I was able to find in the current G-Shock line was either too big, too expensive or had far too many bells and whistles. Plus I am just not a fan of all digital displays. That's just me.

This watch fits almost all of my criteria. It is made of lightweight resin and hits the sweet spot in size for me. It is nice and large but not bordering on ginormous like many G-Shocks. Despite it's size it is super light and I barely notice it.

Some may find the digital functions limited but I like that because it only includes things I will ACTUALLY use. 5 independent alarms, Stopwatch, 2 countdown timers and World Time is all I will ever need out of a watch.

My only knock on it is that the entire face does not illuminate. The light is only for the small digital display at the bottom. It's not a deal breaker but a fully lit face would have made the watch a 10 out of 10 for me.

All in all this is a great watch for the money and would recommend it to anyone looking for an inexpensive, simple sport watch with a nice rugged analog look.
on June 2, 2017
The controls have never become intuitive to me but it keeps great time me, stays charged easily and looks good as a wear every day to work watch--whether I'm wearing a suit or jeans and a T-shirt, it sort of fits right in.
on September 1, 2013
The fit of this watch is great! The face is thin and the rubber band is also very thin to fit small framed wrists in a way that looks great! At first I thought after reading the specs that the amount of mm of the face (I think it's 50mm) was too large for me but after trying it on it looks great. The four screws contrasting the black give it an even more masculine and distinctive look along with the 4 slightly protruding flat side buttons on the 2, 4, 8 and 10 hour marks on the outside of the face especially when seen at an angle.

I had no problem setting up the watch for my city (Miami) which is the "New York" setting for the correct time zone and the small digital window time synched right up when following the directions of the included instructions.

The solar power is great knowing you don't have to fuss with batteries and since this is my "weekend watch" I simply place it close to the window (mine is a north window) but if you have direct sun coming into the room as in a south window I'm not sure if that would be too much heat for it. Never a problem after around a month of having it with the time.

Other functions, I honestly don't use. I'm giving this 5 stars because it's extremely comfortable, looks very sleek and masculine, is easy to read with the light colored fluorescent hands against the black background, needs no batteries, seems very durable and on top of it all, it's cheap for what you get.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.