Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,599 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,699 reviews
on April 12, 2015
I did a lot of looking around before choosing this watch. This was by far the best deal I found for the quality and features. I've already put it through days of manual labor (digging holes and such) and washed it off making it look like new again. This watch is very tough and will not break with normal use. I like the feature of digital military time as I use this for work. It's very easy to toggle through date, timer, stopwatch and alarms.
The watch is a little bigger than I'm used to but I don't really notice it. The band itself is comfortable on my wrist. The display light feature is very nice; it stays on for two seconds to conserve battery. This is my first solar powered watch so I will be updating this review again.

Update: it's now been over six months since my purchase and I am still very pleased. It still keeps good time. I've worn it everyday, in the shower or swimming and no condensation or fogging of the lens has occurred. If it gets dirty I wash it with soap and water. The band has held up to a lot of abuse and physical labor. No damage shows whatsoever. The lens however now has a couple small marks on it but are hard to see. The battery has remained at full power...no issues there. I have worn it so much that I have a tan line to remind me I'm not wearing it! I STILL strongly recommend.
review image review image
on January 6, 2017
I am writing this review after using this watch for 5 months of usage. I have number of features of this product and found really worth the money you are spending. Lets begin with what i liked most and in the later half i will go with what I did not like

Pros:
- Great price
- Great design, highly legible and similar to the G shock aviator watches which cost $200-$300 or more
- Solar watch means no battery to replace
- Perfectly sized for medium or large wrists
Cons:
- Subjective, but the "Tough Solar Illuminator" printed on the bezel cheapens the look of the watch significantly. This is easily fixed by carefully sanding it off using a fine grit sanding sponge available from Home Depot or Lowes. The words come off fairly easily and without leaving any noticeable scratching.
- No second hand
- Digital display doesn't have a day/date display option. It offers Hours/Min/Sec, Day/Sec, and Month/Day/Sec. None of these are ideal as it's easy to mix up H/M/S and M/D/S. Ideally it would have Day/Date on the display and a second hand. Also, the seconds bar graph is not very useful. Why not give us 2 more digits so we could see Day/Date/Sec?
- The band is adequate, but feels cheap. Since it uses 16mm lugs in the non standard casio recessed style it is not easily replaced like a watch that uses standard 18/20 mm lugs with more exposed pins.

Overall it's a great watch for the money.
review image
on November 26, 2014
Most of the good things about this watch have already been pointed out. I have no complaints with this watch (except may be alarm duration). I will focus on things that one should notice before buying this watch:
1) No second's hand
2) Alarm duration is just 10 seconds (i want it to be at least 20 or 30 sec), no snooze function (so you may want to make use of 5 alarms here)
3) light is for digital LCD only (so if you want to check time at night set the mode to display time before going to sleep, also because of power saving feature it may take extra 1-2 seconds power up LCD to show time. It may get annoying to press button twice to see time especially if you are sleeping)
4) The buckle of wrist band is made of plastic not metal (may be a concern for few).

I heard few people complaining about analog time not matching with digital time and is off by few minutes. Actually there is a provision to fix that too. Press and hold the "adjust" button for 5-6 seconds (you will see "adj" but keep holding). After this both hands will automatically come to 12 and you can align them using "light" and "search" button. After you are done, press "adjust". Watch will come to proper time again. I hope it will help. All the information is given in manual. If you do not have manual, download once from CASIO's website.
Overall a nice watch.
on November 11, 2015
Have had the watch for 2 months now. It had been working just fine untill the glass started to fog inside from working with water from a hose, not even from jumping in the water. This is a piece of crap watch. Not watertight at all
review image
on April 21, 2017
After trying many different big faced, multi functional,
microwave size wrist watches, this is the watch for me!
Simple and easy to use. Looks great and is solar powered.
Big hands and numbers. Small lighted digital screen for date, day, stop watch.
Watched an easy youtube video to set the time & date. No problem.
After many searches, this is exactly what I wanted and is way less than the price of a G Shock.
Excellent watch!
on September 30, 2013
I've had this watch a few weeks now. Solar battery feature seems to work well, and I have yet to see the battery level drop below "HI." Left it in a dark bedroom for awhile and the digital screen turned off, but it woke up upon a key press. Lots of good functions for a watch that costs so little. Multiple alarms, multiple time zones, stopwatch and timer, several other features. Like someone else mentioned, there is not a crown on this watch. You set the time on the digital screen, then the hands spin to where they should be. My only complaint: the face scratches easily. It is sunken in, which should protect it from some scratches, but mine already has several. Overall, though, I am pleased. I love the look of the watch and I would buy it again.
on June 10, 2017
This is a great travel watch for its ease of having dual time by time zone and awesome when changing between Daylight time and Standard time. I also love that the expected life is about 10 years before needing to change the battery. By then, I would just change the watch. Solar watches by Casio are awesome if you want something that is tough, long lasting, and minimalist on maintenance. I just would not be able to have a watch that I need to recharge like the Apple iwatch or a watch that is less accurate than a quartz movement. The hands and the numbers also glow in the dark making this quite usable for the outdoors. The stopwatch and countdown timers are a nice bonus.
on March 17, 2015
I purchased this watch on January 9, 2014. For months it seemed to work fine, other than failing to properly adjust the time for daylight savings time, but on today's date it began to show evidence of a water leak. The face of the watch had a thin film of vapor on the inside of the crystal and I know once a watch begins to show signs of moisture behind the face it is only a matter of time until it stop working completely. I called Casio to see about getting a replacement.

Casio said the warranty was for only 1-year and it had now been 14 months, so they would not repair the watch under warranty. I took very good care of this watch, as I care for all of my belongings. The watch was a diving watch, but I never used it for diving. Other than an occasional trip into the shower, the watch hardly ever saw water. I explained this to the rep, but she did not care. She told me I could pay postage to send it to one of their repair locations and they would estimate the cost of repair. Since the watch only cost $30 to begin with, I saw no point in that and I told her I'd toss the watch in the garbage and write a negative review on Amazon. She recommended I do just that. Disappointing. Very disappointing that so few manufacturers take any pride in the workmanship and reliability of their product these days.

I would steer clear of this watch and buy something from someone who will stand behind the craftsmanship of their product, unlike Casio.
on April 5, 2017
I wanted a manly looking analog watch whose battery would last a while before having to replace, and this fit my needs perfectly. The cost of this watch also gives you good value for your money. No quite as large as the typical G shock, but hefty looking just the same...
on November 20, 2015
I really wanted to love this watch! It has a big face that you can see clearly, with easy to see and locate side function buttons. It’s very comfortable, lightweight, and the profile is not so large that it gets hung up on cuffs of shirts. It’s really easy to wear. The solar powering aspect is genius, what a great thing to integrate into a watch - especially one that gets a lot of outdoor use. All at a great price.

Unfortunately, here’s the one big drawback that forced me to return it after wearing it for a day. The light ONLY illuminates a tiny rectangular, digital display in the middle of the watch that shows, in a 3 or 4 point font, the time (or alarm, timer, stopwatch, etc.). Without a magnifying glass, it’s virtually unreadable. Without some external light source, you simply can’t see the hands of the watch in the dark. The hands do glow in the dark for a short time after being exposed to light, but it quickly fades.

More to that, when you use this watch's other functions - stopwatch, timer, alarms, etc., even in daylight, all them are displayed through this tiny digital display, which almost makes it impractical to use for those things. It’s almost comical how small this display is.

Anyway, if you can look past the lighting issue and the small digital display, then this would be a really great watch.