Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 12DoD - Beauty Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services hf16 hf16 hf16  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Baby Gift Guide

Color: Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,487 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on June 16, 2012
I bought this Casio based on seeing it at a local department store (for 2x what I payed here on good old Amazon). I love the semi-military look of the watch. The blackout dial and band with the solid purposely done face markings certainly look the part. I can imagine this watch on a scruffy soldier in some godforsaken desert battlefield.

Okay - enough of my fantasy. The watch arrived in good time, even with Amazon's free shipping option. Setting up the watch was simple - a few hits of the adjust and mode buttons (which are huge and easy to use), and I was in business. The watch arrives fully charged - no need to perch it on a window sill before setting the day/date/time. What's cooler than cool is the way the hands move "phantomly" on their own to the digitally set time. Awesome. Seriously - there's really no need to shell out $100+ at a department store for a cool military styled watch. For under $40, you get multiple alarms, world time, stopwatch, countdown timers... this watch really has it all. I was worried that the digital display might be on the small and hard to see size, but in person it's not a big deal. The graphics on the display make it easy to read at a glance. The fit and finish of this Casio is of the highest quality. I can see many many years of service for this little soldier. A+ buy in my opinion. Love it!
11 comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2014
The watch stopped working after two months use. It steamed up while I was on the tennis court. Casio refused to honor the warranty, claiming that "The watch had been opened." Right, like I'm going to buy a miniature jewelers' screwdriver to open the watch two months after buying it, if it was working OK.. Then they wanted $45 to repair & ship it to me. I told them that I'd bought it on Amazon for less than that, and their repair cost made no sense. No satisfaction.
on June 29, 2012
Bought this watch about a week ago. I love it! It looks very sharp, gives you a bit of an intellegent look :-). I found this to be a very functional watch. The only thing I didn't like was the LED light on it, only lights up the digital part. However the hands are glow in the dark as well the numbers, and its very good size so easily read. I was very impressed with all the features including the Solar charged battery. Its been a great watch just be sure to read the owner's manual so you understand how the auto saver feature works on the watch and I think you'll enjoy the watch as much as I do. Also I have a swimming pool and have swam several times and the water resistance of 100M has worked great. I would recommend this watch to anyone.
on August 1, 2014
I've had this watch for about a week and had no issues setting the right time and date. I really do love the solar power feature on this watch and there's no need to replace the battery whenever it gets low and the solar power energy will do all the work. I had an Armitron watch back in 2010 and it was my first watch until band broke and the watch died due to the battery. This is my second watch I owned and I've always wanted a watch that has a solar power on it. For $40, it's an awesome watch for that price. Shipping came fast. I received last week on Saturday.
review image review image review image
on September 30, 2013
I've had this watch a few weeks now. Solar battery feature seems to work well, and I have yet to see the battery level drop below "HI." Left it in a dark bedroom for awhile and the digital screen turned off, but it woke up upon a key press. Lots of good functions for a watch that costs so little. Multiple alarms, multiple time zones, stopwatch and timer, several other features. Like someone else mentioned, there is not a crown on this watch. You set the time on the digital screen, then the hands spin to where they should be. My only complaint: the face scratches easily. It is sunken in, which should protect it from some scratches, but mine already has several. Overall, though, I am pleased. I love the look of the watch and I would buy it again.
on September 17, 2013
I purchased this watch in July and stopped working properly in September. The tiny digital window works but not reliable. The actual arms on the watch stopped moving even when it is being worn each day to school.
on March 17, 2015
I purchased this watch on January 9, 2014. For months it seemed to work fine, other than failing to properly adjust the time for daylight savings time, but on today's date it began to show evidence of a water leak. The face of the watch had a thin film of vapor on the inside of the crystal and I know once a watch begins to show signs of moisture behind the face it is only a matter of time until it stop working completely. I called Casio to see about getting a replacement.

Casio said the warranty was for only 1-year and it had now been 14 months, so they would not repair the watch under warranty. I took very good care of this watch, as I care for all of my belongings. The watch was a diving watch, but I never used it for diving. Other than an occasional trip into the shower, the watch hardly ever saw water. I explained this to the rep, but she did not care. She told me I could pay postage to send it to one of their repair locations and they would estimate the cost of repair. Since the watch only cost $30 to begin with, I saw no point in that and I told her I'd toss the watch in the garbage and write a negative review on Amazon. She recommended I do just that. Disappointing. Very disappointing that so few manufacturers take any pride in the workmanship and reliability of their product these days.

I would steer clear of this watch and buy something from someone who will stand behind the craftsmanship of their product, unlike Casio.
on July 9, 2015
I really like this watch. It's light-weight, comfortable to wear, and rather easy to setup. I noticed that one customer didn't like the blue face and thought it would be black. But I love the blue face. I have many watches with black faces and this one is a pleasant departure from those. My only complaint is that the Alarm and Hourly Chime don't work, OR the volume is so low that I can't hear it. Either way, it's useless in that regard. Digital watches hit the scene 30-40 years ago and when they beeped EVERYONE heard them! But today's watches just do not beep loud enough to be of any value.

I also can't figure out the Stop Watch feature. It has Split and Lap and I started it, stopped it, but don't know how to Reset it. I should read the instructions I guess.

I own 35 watches (most need a new battery) and this one is a favorite. I would recommend it to anyone.
review image
on September 27, 2013
This is my first solar powered watch. Time will tell how that works out. I find that replacing batteries in watches more or less ends their waterproof-ness.

The watch is nice looking, very lite and about the right size. The band is a soft rubber that is very comfortable. The combination of comfort and lite weight means you really don't feel the watch on your wrist at all. When the watch partially shuts down it does this cool little thing where it rapidly rotates the minute and hour hands to catch up with the digital time which is stored internally until it totally runs out of power. So far it only did that when I pulled it out of the box. The battery meter has read "high" ever since I got it but we will see how it does in the winter.

It survive the shower test this morning with no leaks. I ride motorcycles so we will see how it does with 60 MPH rain hitting it.

The instructions are hard to understand. I've found that to be true of every digital watch I've purchased. I guess the manual writer is always an intern from Outer Mongolia who learned English reading soup labels.

The weakness of design is that the light function only lights up the little digital display which can only display the date or time but not both. This is somewhat annoying but this watch was $33. I looked at lots of watches and for the price this watch has a unique set of features for the price. I could have paid more but I really want to find out if this solar option will add years to the life of the watch. I considered some watches that had compass and altimeter on it but I decided that since my smart phone can do those things more simply that the watch needed to just be able to do the more classic time,date,timer,alarm and be waterproof. This allowed me to choose this cheaper one vs paying around $85

Dec 2015 UPDATE: Worn watch daily since 2013 and it's still going strong. Bezil has some light scratching on it. Not sure what from. Possibly from a white water rafting trip.
on February 7, 2013
I have the Casio Men's AQS800W-1B2VCF Slim Solar Watch And it is truly an awesome watch... except for the ORANGE color. I purchased this watch hoping to find a more versatile and neutral colored version.

The good news is that this watch looks great, and has the same awesome functions of the orange Slim model. Having the analog hands automatically sync up with the digital clock, maintenance free, is AMAZING. Most of casio's other budget minded analog-digital combo watches are set independently, you either have to set it with the standard twist dial, or you have to hold a button down forever and watch the minute hand spin around. The way this watch and it's slimmer orange brother function is just effortless. The digital display is very small, but well positioned easily read.

The bad news is that it's noticeably bigger. If you have medium wrists and up, you should be fine. If you have smaller wrists, this watch will probably be a bit big for you, unless that's the look you're going for.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.