Spring Deals Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy Pitch Perfect 3 available to buy  Echo Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 12, 2015
I did a lot of looking around before choosing this watch. This was by far the best deal I found for the quality and features. I've already put it through days of manual labor (digging holes and such) and washed it off making it look like new again. This watch is very tough and will not break with normal use. I like the feature of digital military time as I use this for work. It's very easy to toggle through date, timer, stopwatch and alarms.
The watch is a little bigger than I'm used to but I don't really notice it. The band itself is comfortable on my wrist. The display light feature is very nice; it stays on for two seconds to conserve battery. This is my first solar powered watch so I will be updating this review again.

Update: it's now been over six months since my purchase and I am still very pleased. It still keeps good time. I've worn it everyday, in the shower or swimming and no condensation or fogging of the lens has occurred. If it gets dirty I wash it with soap and water. The band has held up to a lot of abuse and physical labor. No damage shows whatsoever. The lens however now has a couple small marks on it but are hard to see. The battery has remained at full power...no issues there. I have worn it so much that I have a tan line to remind me I'm not wearing it! I STILL strongly recommend.
review imagereview image
This is a great travel watch for its ease of having dual time by time zone and awesome when changing between Daylight time and Standard time. I also love that the expected life is about 10 years before needing to change the battery. By then, I would just change the watch. Solar watches by Casio are awesome if you want something that is tough, long lasting, and minimalist on maintenance. I just would not be able to have a watch that I need to recharge like the Apple iwatch or a watch that is less accurate than a quartz movement. The hands and the numbers (12, 9, and 3) also glow in the dark making this quite usable for the outdoors. The stopwatch and countdown timers are a nice bonus.
on October 24, 2017
Purchased this watch in March of 2016. It worked great and I loved the way it would sync time. Approximately three months ago it started resetting itself to 1/1/2005 and a different time. Each time that I would force it to sync the sync would last a shorter and shorter time. It got to the point that it was resetting daily. I looked online and found that a lot of others were having the same trouble and that Casio had no fix for it. Today it went into the trash. I would highly suggest that you research this watch on other web sites before purchasing.
on November 26, 2014
Most of the good things about this watch have already been pointed out. I have no complaints with this watch (except may be alarm duration). I will focus on things that one should notice before buying this watch:
1) No second's hand
2) Alarm duration is just 10 seconds (i want it to be at least 20 or 30 sec), no snooze function (so you may want to make use of 5 alarms here)
3) light is for digital LCD only (so if you want to check time at night set the mode to display time before going to sleep, also because of power saving feature it may take extra 1-2 seconds power up LCD to show time. It may get annoying to press button twice to see time especially if you are sleeping)
4) The buckle of wrist band is made of plastic not metal (may be a concern for few).

I heard few people complaining about analog time not matching with digital time and is off by few minutes. Actually there is a provision to fix that too. Press and hold the "adjust" button for 5-6 seconds (you will see "adj" but keep holding). After this both hands will automatically come to 12 and you can align them using "light" and "search" button. After you are done, press "adjust". Watch will come to proper time again. I hope it will help. All the information is given in manual. If you do not have manual, download once from CASIO's website.
Overall a nice watch.
on April 16, 2015
I have had this watch for more than a month, now. I did not find the watch difficult to set the time, or to use any of the other features. I read the manual one time for how to set the time initially, and the rest of the features I figured out intuitively.

I find the watch to fit me very comfortably. I do not have large wrists. There are 11 sizing holes on the wristband, and I wear it on the 5th smallest one. I am 6'0" and about 190lbs. The plastic band does not get hot or cold like a metal band does. I probably tend to sweat under the plastic band more than I would a metal band, but it is also much lighter.

I find the backlight to be more than adequate in low/no light situations. When the hands have been in the light, they glow brightly.

As I received my watch, it has read HI for the battery life. I wear it all day at work, usually with long-sleeved dress shirts. Sometimes my sleeve covers the watch, sometimes it doesn't. Point is: it rarely sits in direct light, but gets light intermittently most of the day. Then it sits in the dark overnight. The battery still has always read HI every time I check.

I find the watch to have a rugged appearance. Looks like something you would expect to see in the military. Personally, I like the look a lot.

It's a fairly big watch. The screen/lens is at least 50% bigger than an American $0.25 quarter.

I can't speak to how durable it is, really. What I can say, however, is that I have smacked my wrist quite hard into filing cabinets or other large metal objects. When these times have happened, I thought to myself, "Uh oh, I bet I just cracked the screen or the bezel." Each time so far, the watch has endured flawlessly. As I inspect the watch closely, I can see very minor scuff marks. From a glance, you would never see them. I had to look with the intent of finding scratches to see mine.

Overall, for ~$35 or so, I highly recommend this watch.
on October 1, 2016
 The watch is accurate and stylish and I am fond of the additional electronic features such as the alarms, battery indicator and time zones. The price was decent and worth every penny. The digital display illuminates yellow and the analog hands produce a fluorescent green. The watch beeps whenever a button is depressed and the hands rotate automatically once the time is set. The band adjusts easily and is composed of soft rubber. I highly recommend this wrist watch!
on November 27, 2017
That solar battery is great. The instructions make a big deal about long sleeves, but that's all I wear at work, and the thing has remained on high charge the whole time I've had it (month and a half). We'll see how well it keeps up through repeated charges, but so far time keeping has been very reliable.
The main flaw is the resin band and case. Granted, I'm a Do-It-Yourselfer when not at work and that may account for the fact that the lettering on the case has begun to fade out from top to bottom. "Tough Solar" is totally gone, "Adjust" and "Light" are on the way, and like that. Then there are patches on the case and the band that have turned into what appears to be a gray/white powder which doesn't just wash off. I've mean meaning to use a vinyl cleaner on it but am afraid I'll rub off all the remaining tabs before I learn which is which.
Could I have asked for more for the price?
on August 22, 2017
Great price for a sturdy & capable watch. No battery to replace, the face is a solar cell and the watch goes to sleep if stored in a dark area. Bring it into the light and it recovers immediately. I really like the world time feature, tap the top two buttons and it jumps to the time zone. In other words, a quick pinch of the watch as I exit the plane and I'm on local time and the same on the return trip. Brilliant.

One drawback - the light is only for the digital window, not the whole face. Not a big deal since the hands glow in the dark but it might irritate you if you need or expect the full face to be lit.

I like it so much I replaced it like for like the same day I broke my first one (the break was my fault, given what I unintentionally did to it there's no way I can blame the watch).

Watch the reviews on Youtube and then buy this watch.
on April 21, 2017
After trying many different big faced, multi functional,
microwave size wrist watches, this is the watch for me!
Simple and easy to use. Looks great and is solar powered.
Big hands and numbers. Small lighted digital screen for date, day, stop watch.
Watched an easy youtube video to set the time & date. No problem.
After many searches, this is exactly what I wanted and is way less than the price of a G Shock.
Excellent watch!
on November 20, 2015
I really wanted to love this watch! It has a big face that you can see clearly, with easy to see and locate side function buttons. It’s very comfortable, lightweight, and the profile is not so large that it gets hung up on cuffs of shirts. It’s really easy to wear. The solar powering aspect is genius, what a great thing to integrate into a watch - especially one that gets a lot of outdoor use. All at a great price.

Unfortunately, here’s the one big drawback that forced me to return it after wearing it for a day. The light ONLY illuminates a tiny rectangular, digital display in the middle of the watch that shows, in a 3 or 4 point font, the time (or alarm, timer, stopwatch, etc.). Without a magnifying glass, it’s virtually unreadable. Without some external light source, you simply can’t see the hands of the watch in the dark. The hands do glow in the dark for a short time after being exposed to light, but it quickly fades.

More to that, when you use this watch's other functions - stopwatch, timer, alarms, etc., even in daylight, all them are displayed through this tiny digital display, which almost makes it impractical to use for those things. It’s almost comical how small this display is.

Anyway, if you can look past the lighting issue and the small digital display, then this would be a really great watch.