- Quartz movement
- Timing: During each even-numbered minute Memory Measurement Timing: At the top and the bottom of each hour Memory capacity: Up to 50 sets of data (time, temperature) Temperature tendency graph Changeover between Fahrenheit (ºF) and Celsius (ºC)
- Auto electro-luminescent backlight with afterglow
- Resin case; digital movement; day-and-date functions
- Water resistant to 330 feet (100 M): suitable for snorkeling, as well as swimming, but not diving
Powerfully styled and packed full of robust timekeeping and environmental features, the Casio Forester analog-digital stainless steel men's watch offers a stylish black sports resin band that will stay comfortable during your most active sport outings. The large round stainless steel watch case measures 42mm (1.65 inches) wide, and it features an Arabic numeral and small minute index readout around its inner rim that interact with the silver skeleton hands. The light blue LCD face provides current time and date as well as a view to current moon phase. It includes a thermometer readout that measures every even-numbered minute, and you can save up to 50 time/temperature data sets. Other timekeeping features include:
- World time: 30 time zones, 50 cities, city code display, daylight saving on/off
- 1/100-second stopwatch with 100-hour capacity and following modes: elapsed time, split time, 1st-2nd place times
- Countdown timer (up to 100 hours)
- Auto-calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2099)
- 12/24-hour formats
- Daily alarm
- Hourly time signal (which can be turned off)
With the launch of its first watch in November 1974, Casio entered the wristwatch market at a time when the watch industry had just discovered digital technology. As a company with cutting-edge electronic technology developed for pocket calculators, Casio entered this field confident that it could develop timepieces that would lead the market.
Today, Casio is focusing its efforts on solar-powered radio-controlled watches: the built-in solar battery eliminates the nuisance of replacing batteries, atomic timekeeping means the users never have to reset the time. Recently, Casio launched a series of Bluetooth watches that sync to the users cell phone to automatically update the time. Casio is always moving time forward.
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 4 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces
- ASIN: B000GAYQKE
- Item model number: AQF100W-7BV
- Date first available at Amazon.com: November 6, 2006
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Casio|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Case diameter||42 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||14 millimeters|
|Band width||22 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Calendar||Day and date|
|Special features||Stop watch, Timer, Luminous|
|Water resistant depth||330 Feet|
Top Customer Reviews
This Casio Forester packs a lot into a watch for Amazon's super-low price.
If you spend a lot of time outdoors and want to know the temperature, tides, and moon phases, this is the perfect watch. Be warned, though: The instruction booklet is wrong in detailing how to calibrate the temperature sensor. Calibrate the sensor while wearing the watch. Otherwise, your body heat will add almost 20 degrees to the sensor's reading. Right now my watch says it's 70.2 degrees inside. A nearby thermometer says it's 70.9 degrees.
To get the most accurate tidal data, don't rely on using the nearest major city's longitude or lunitidal value. Use Google Earth or another mapping application to get your exact longitude. Then use data provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration to determine your locale's precise lunitidal value ([...]
Aside from the specific features this watch has, positives include the luminescent analog hands, the Daylight Saving time toggle switch, and the World Time function that enables you to see the current time in major cities around the world. Also, the analog display enables you to see the time when you're using the stopwatch, timer, or tidal calendar.
Negatives include the fact that you have to set the analog hands separately from the digital setting. This means that toggling Daylight Saving time on and off for the digital display has no effect on the analog display. Another negative is the tiny date display and the relatively small digital time display. The time should be larger than the temperature. This is, after all, a watch first and foremost.
What to consider?
1. Physically, it is impossible to obtain a correct room temperature while the watch remains in contact with our skin. Because get an average ambient temperature and the air temperature surrounding the watch.
2. The time it takes to get the ambient temperature is proportional to the time it takes the entire clock to be heated or cooled. The reason is simple: The sensor is inside the clock and outside temperature adopt it after all the clock is at the same temperature. If the watch is under water or any other fluid, this time relatively short, but if this one surrounded by air, it takes longer to take the temperature due to that the transfers temperature by air molecules is much smaller.
The approximate time it takes to get the room temperature is approximately 30 to 45 minutes. If immersed in water, the time it takes to obtain the water temperature is approximately 5min.
El reloj es excelente, pero es recomendable leer primero las indicaciones del manual.
¿Qué hay que considerar?
1. Físicamente, es imposible obtener una temperatura correcta del ambiente mientras el reloj permanece en contacto con nuestra piel. Porque obtenemos un promedio de la temperatura ambiente y la temperatura del aire que rodea al reloj.
2. El tiempo que tarda en obtener la temperatura ambiente es proporcional al tiempo que tarda el reloj entero en calentarse o enfriarse. La razón es simple: El sensor está dentro del reloj y éste adoptará la temperatura exterior despues que todo el reloj este a esa misma temperatura.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My husband couldn't work it. Nothing wrong with the watch. It's just that my husband's fingers aren't able to move the controls. Blame it on age; not the watch.Published 4 months ago by Liz
Great for kayaking! the setup manual is a little long winded. I ended up calling customer service to walk me through my setup. They were very helpful!Published 6 months ago by Abby Norman
Wondered how the thermometer would work being on a 98 degree arm, it does not work!Published 6 months ago by Amazon Customer
Lovely watch. All the sensors work well and temperature is accurate. love the design and style. My favorite feature though is the auto light up display light whenever its held at a... Read morePublished 7 months ago by Kemar
I wanted to buy a band for my original Casio watch but for a few more bucks I ended up getting a new watch. The first one I bought from Cabela's a four years ago was almost $60. Read morePublished 11 months ago by AJ