Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 296 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 319 reviews
on March 8, 2016
I have had this version of watch for three years, and I swear by it.

While in high school, I used this watch while running cross country; the reason that this is a great watch is because it has never died on me. The solar function in this watch is amazing, in that it can charge in any type of lighting (from what I have found), and when it is in darkness, the digital display will go to sleep while the clock hands will still be running. All throughout the years, it was able to beat up this watch and put it through a lot of wear and usage, and even with that, there was no internal damage, and unnoticeable wear to the outside. The one and only downside to using this as a running watch is that when I use the timer/stopwatch feature, the digital display is small to read off of while I am in movement. The biggest pro to this watch for any sport however is that it is incredibly lightweight and completely waterproof.

Regardless, the watch has held together throughout the years - the band has not broken, the solar function has not given out, and this watch can take a beating.
on September 6, 2017
This is my second AQS810W... my first is about five years old, and it's black with white lettering. The "Tough Solar" and "Illuminator" are long-gone, rinsed away by automotive degreasers and other auto repair chemicals, but I like it better without those pronouncements, anyway.

Army Green, in my opinion, is an excellent color on this watch. The fact that this is not at all a glossy watch, but a matte (or semi-gloss?) finish makes the color attractively subtle. I like it even more than the black.

Other than the color, though, it's the exact same watch I've been very happy with for the last five years. Easy to setup, rugged and sturdy, just the right size (for me) and an industrial, utilitarian look.

This is a very comfortable watch to wear - light in weight, flexible band, no sharp edges or uncomfortable shapes.

I spent a few weeks trying to decide what watch I was going to get, and I came to the conclusion that being solar-powered was my highest priority, followed by being quickly readable. Perhaps it is just me, but I can read a analog watch faster than a digital one - just a quick glance. I kept coming back the Casio's AQS810W series, and it came down to the darker, matte-finished colors.

Having said all of that, this series of Casio watches is virtually trouble-free. Read the reviews! VERY FEW failures, defects, water intrusions. People who don't like this series of watches either find them incomprehensible to set or are unhappy with the small digital display or the lack of a backlight for the analog dial. The watches themselves are largely bulletproof, possessing anvil-like reliability and durability. They even have a feature that if the watch is dropped or knocked around too hard, and the analog hands get out of sync with the digital display, you can quickly and easily re-sync them.

This series is one of Casio's best, in terms of being problem-free.

Yes, they have acrylic crystals, not mineral glass, and they do scratch. Simply buff the scratches out, and it is as good as new. Worried about the band breaking or falling apart? On a regular basis, take the watch into the shower and scrub the whole thing with an old toothbrush and some shampoo. Not only will it be clean and look great, but removing the body oils, sweat and salts makes the bands last and last. That's the secret to getting Casio resin bands to live long lives.

The analog dial is not lit, but neither is the dial on my Rolex or Omega. Just find a light source to reflect on the hands, and you're in business. Just like we've done for many years.

Anyway, you can tell I am a fan. Buy with confidence, but download the pdf version of the Casio 5208 module operating instructions, and it'll be easier to set up the watch if you aren't very tech savvy. If you like the way this series of watches looks, then I'm pretty confident you'll be very happy with your purchase.

Have fun!
on April 7, 2017
Recently bought an expensive watch with these features, Solar charging and automatic set of date and time and thought it was high tech. Then I was looking for a cheap watch to wear when clunking around and found this. It had the same features for a fraction of the price. Now it is not as full of bling as the more expensive watch but is a reliable time piece. I have a drawer full of watches with dead batteries and I guess these features are the becoming the industry standard.
on September 12, 2015
4 stars, ONLY because the included instructions should be easier to understand to *fine tune* the time. All it does is instruct how to set the time per time zone, not location. Otherwise, the watch itself is terrific!

This was a gift for my husband, who wore it while overseas in the Middle East, serving in the military. VERY hot and VERY full of desert sand. This watch lived beyond expectations. No moisture ever gathered under the watch face. No sand got into the dials or into the watch. It kept time well. Stopwatch program works well. LED light with afterglow was a nice perk! Nice 24 hour display function.

Extremely sturdy, made from good materials and feels tough. IF this ever breaks, we will definitely get another.
on January 31, 2016
Purchased for my son. After looking at or trying 10 different watches we have found the one that I believe will last more than a month. Many of the watches were fragile. This one can handle a 12 year old's tendency to play rough.

But the big thing, and the reason I hope this review will be helpful, is the ability to control the sounds. Many of the watches had an hourly chime that could not be turned off, not this watch. You can follow the instructions and have a quite timepiece if that's what you want (and that is what you want...how annoying to hear that beep once every hour)?

I would recommend this purchase.
on April 21, 2016
Lightweight I hardly know I'm wearing it. Have only gone swimming with it once so far and it's still working. But, I've worn it washing dishes, cooking and washing my car. I like the color, kind of an old toy soldier dark green, not too flashy but a little different than plane black. The only problem was when I first got it I couldn't figure out how to set it to the right local time and the directions were a little confusing. But after pressing the buttons a few times, I got it. A nice feature is that the analog hands match up with the digital readout time automatically.
on August 11, 2013
I love that watch! I bought it to use mostly for surfing. That's why I wanted something waterproof, but also inexpensive. I find the watch really nice looking for it's price and I wear it not just when I'm surfing, working out at the gym or playing basketball. The color is exactly what I imagined - military green. Even thought it's cheaper than the g-shock models I suspect it might be more comfortable because it's not that bulky. Looks quite sturdy too! I have it for over 2 weeks now and can't see any weak spots.

You wont go wrong with this watch. Under 40 bucks, but has the looks of more expensive watches and the durability too.
on June 13, 2014
Pros:
very good looks, 3d look like more expensive analog g-shocks
easy to read in daylight while active - i.e. jogging
solar charging works very well
comfortable to wear
normal if tad on bigger size, but not ridiculously large like some g-shocks.
cheap!!

Cons:
tiny tiny digital display. if you are wearing reading glasses, you wont be able to read this without glasses.
light only lights up (tiny) digital display, not analog hands. folks with glasses will not be able to read it at night
analog hands do glow in dark but for few minutes before fading away
alarms are limited. i.e. no weekday alarm. combined with tiny digital display, not very useful if your eyesight is less then perfect.

I wanted one of more expensive analog g-shocks, but they are either too busy looking, too large or too expensive. This was a very cheap compromise. No regrets despite shortcomings. I would buy this again and probably will the dark blue or black model.
on May 8, 2013
I still own an older, cheaper Casio from 1994 and it'd been through the wringer. 130' of depth and banging onto a shipwreck couldn't even kill it Paint splashes and scratches to the face have made the dial harder to read but it still works. Even the battery change every 4 years is simple and cheap and in short, I CANNOT KILL THIS FREAKIN' WATCH.

While the old watch still works, it's a little dated. Thus I looked into a newer, updated model of Casio watch for the next decade or so. This model caught my eye with a simple analog interface (Hate Digital watches), but still offered features such as an alarm, Stop-Watch, Timer, Alarm and even charged via Solar to eliminate even the battery replacement.

I love this new watch. Good looks with a easy to read Analog face in dual colors (White for minutes, blaze orange for hours) and even glows in the dark. The controls are simple enough and I use both the Stopwatch and Timer on a near daily basis. Probably the sole drawback is the size of the digital readout. It could be a little larger, but maybe that's age creeping up on me. Altogether a darn good everyday watch that has decent looks, practicality and should last quite a long time.
on December 15, 2012
This watch is exactly what I wanted, but I am a little bit disappointed also. I have been wearing the silver-metal bracelet Tough Solar version of this watch for about 8 months. I gave it a good review. One thing that really impressed me is the lume. There is a large indice all around,(5 and 6 are smaller due to the display), and 2 at 12:00. It charges easy and is bright for all night,almost as good as my Seiko.
I ordered this version beceause I wanted something bigger, more sporty, a little ugly,"manly" watch with a rubber band.. I got exactly that. In the description and picture I thought the lume would include the 3 numbers and all the big white indices around. The lume is only on the 12,3,9, and the smaller 6 indice, It does not seem to charge as easy or glow as bright as the other Tough Solar. It is not enough to want to return it, I am getting use to it.
It is very easy to read at a glance, somthing that is important to me. The band is comfortable. The band keeper stays put.It is a nice,slightly ugly, army, olive-drab color. I like it.
The digital display is just big enough. It does not distract from the hands. I might use the alarm once in a while(camping). I will probably never use the stopwatch or the timer. If you want a perpetual calendar with a analog watch it usually steps-up the price quite a bit. This way you get the calendar you dont have to mess with,sans big bucks increase. The best of both worlds I think.
There is one other thing that puts me off a little. The buckle is plastic. I guess I will have to wait and see how durable it is.
I gave it 4 stars beceause of the plastic buckle and the lesser quality lume.Still a very good value for $38.00