Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
|You Save:||$15.00 (43%)|
- Silver-tone watch with black resin accents, light-up case, and chronograph functionality
- 40 mm stainless steel case with mineral dial window
- Quartz movement with analog-digital display
- Stainless steel band with fold-over clasp closure
- Water resistant to 50 m (165 ft): In general, suitable for short periods of recreational swimming, but not diving or snorkeling.Quartz movement
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
A great choice for globetrotters, this stylish Casio analog-digital stainless steel watch for men combines the timeless look of an analog watch with the functionality of a digital watch. The round watch case has a raised bezel that frames the silvery blue dial, which includes a full Arabic numeral display and luminous dagger-style hands. A digital window sits above 6 o'clock displays time from a second time zone, thanks to the integrated world time function with 29 time zones (30 cities). You can also store short notes on the 30-page databank (with 8 letters and 6 numerals per page).
The watch includes a stopwatch that can time events down to 1/100 of a second, and features a 24-hour capacity, split time, and 1st-2nd place times, as well as a countdown timer with a 24-hour capacity. Other timekeeping features include four daily alarms (with one snooze alarm), hourly time signal (which can be turned off), and 12/24-hour formats. This watch also offers a ±30-second accuracy per month, Afterglow backlighting, Auto Calendar (pre-programmed until the year 2039), and water resistance to 165 feet (50 M) -- offering protection from accidental splashes as well suitable for swimming, snorkeling, and light recreational diving. It has a battery life of up to 10 years.
With the launch of its first watch in November 1974, Casio entered the wristwatch market at a time when the watch industry had just discovered digital technology. As a company with cutting-edge electronic technology developed for pocket calculators, Casio entered this field confident that it could develop timepieces that would lead the market.
Today, Casio is focusing its efforts on solar-powered radio-controlled watches: the built-in solar battery eliminates the nuisance of replacing batteries, atomic timekeeping means the users never have to reset the time. Recently, Casio launched a series of Bluetooth watches that sync to the users cell phone to automatically update the time. Casio is always moving time forward.
- Product Dimensions: 0 x 0 x 0 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B000GAWS9U
- Item model number: AW80D-7AV
- Date first available at Amazon.com: October 2, 2001
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item can be shipped to select countries outside of the U.S. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
|Brand, Seller, or Collection Name||Casio|
|Dial window material type||Mineral|
|Display Type||Analog and digital|
|Case material||Stainless steel|
|Case diameter||39.5 millimeters|
|Case Thickness||12 millimeters|
|Band Material||Stainless steel|
|Band width||24 millimeters|
|Bezel material||Stainless steel|
|Calendar||Day, date, and month|
|Special features||alarm-feature, Water Resistant|
|Water resistant depth||165 Feet|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well, it is all true. This watch looks great and the fit and finish is pretty good too. It looks like the watch body is made of stainless steel, but under the metal cover is plastic. That's OK, nobody will notice. In fact, the watch can be an everyday time piece for active play or heavy work. It can also pass the impressive test in a more formal situation. It isn't a dress watch of course, but it does look nice.
If you want a fancy watch to wear to the opera or to a a night out an expensive restaurant this is not the watch you want. Of course you knew that because of the general appearance and function of a sports watch like this one. The AW80D-7A is one heck of a buy and it looks like it cost a lot more than it does.
Watch arrived yesterday. It is a replacement for my old Casio analog/digital watch AW-44 (model 1310) that I purchased back in 1995. I originally purchased this watch in California while on company travel. Having the dual time displays made it easy to keep track of time at the home office in NY. The watch was perfect for dress casual.
PROS (of AW80D)
1. Styling makes it appropriate both at the office & out-and-about with friends.
2. Smaller size, light weight, thinness make it perfect for my smaller stature (5'5", 130lbs)
3. Dual time/ world-time makes it easy to keep track of home office when on travel
1. ILLUMINATOR function is 2 orange LEDs located at 3&9 positions of the dial. This is NOT as nice as the electro-luminescence of my original Casio; which lit up the entire watch face!
2. Single battery (CR2025) is used for both the time & illumination functions. The manual even states that using the illumination "may" shorted the battery life! My original Casio had 2 batteries, one for time functions; a separate one for illumination!
3. Clasp-type watch band. That type of band was never my favorite. I immediately removed it and replaced it with a twist-flex band (which I had modified for a better fit).
1. Watch case seems to be all plastic. Read other reviews where customers complained that the plastic was not sturdy & broke such that the watch-band pins fell out. Loyalty to Casio swayed me to give this a try even though I have some misgivings.
I was so happy with it that I purchased one for myself :)
What I really like about this:
1. Very attractive and strong looks.
2. 10 year Battery (it really lasts that long - trust me)
3. Water resistant. I have already swam wearing this watch on multiple occasions.
4. Its stainless steel belt - I personally like it over the other leather or faux leather or plastic belts
5. The belt is easily adjustable. I did it myself. No special tools necessary. No need to go to a store and request someone to adjust it.
What I don't like:
1. The light could have been a bit bright. I know it is a trade-off between the battery life and the brightness. But given that you won't turn on the light too many times, I feel they could have improved the brightness.
2. The color combinations could have been brighter. How about a strong Blue color?
But, overall, I am quite happy with my purchase.