BCA Month Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch $5 Albums PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 29, 2016
I really loved this watch at first. I bought as a travel watch because I like to go to strange, dangerous places with perfect strangers and do adventurous things. I also like to look like a Bond girl. And I'm extremely cheap, especially with things I know stand a high chance of being drown, stolen, dropped, etc.

Pros:
- Looks really classy and stylish. Not at all cheap looking.
- It actually fits my tiny little wrists.
- You can have 3 time zones! This was a must for me. I used the analog for the current destination, one digital for next destination, one digital for home. It worked great. especially when cell phones died.
- It was easy to set up and change times (especially when you change time zones every other day).
- Stopwatch! For daring your friends to do stupid stuff.
- Military time. I don't use anything else. I don't know why people do. If you want to do the 12hr thing, you can. But why!?! I guess if you're staying in the States it's fine but it makes no sense if you travel.
- Alarm. Works fine. Some people thought it was too quiet in the other reviews. I thought it was just right. It woke me up but didn't disturb anyone beyond an 8ft radius or so.

Cons:
It totally stopped working after a month and a half. I was so heartbroken. I had noticed it was starting to get a little off in its time and then suddenly the analog portion went out all together. The button on the right side did nothing.

I think it's under warranty still, but in a fit of frustration and a hatred for dead weight, I chucked it in the garbage. I also wouldn't spend the effort to sit on the phone (the horror!) and negotiate repair, plus shipping it to be repaired. Not worth the $20 I paid for the watch.

I suppose this is a story of you get what you pay for. And to be fair, I don't think it was built to have the time adjusted so frequently. Honestly, if I could grab another one for about $15, it would probably be worth it.

If you're going backpacking, mountain climbing, travelling or something for a month or two, and don't mind trashing this after, buy it. If you want something for everyday to last you a few years, invest in something better.
on June 12, 2017
This is the second one I have purchased. The first one died after succumbing to my sweat. This was after several years service and at least one, maybe 2 battery changes. The battery is pretty fussy to change, be warned. Part of the problem, in addition to getting the back cover off and back on, and getting at the battery, is that the waterproof seal is pretty tricky to reinstall properly. That's probably what did my first one in.
Still, after looking for alternatives, I got the second one since the Casio seemed like the best combination of features, brand reputation, size, style, and price, for a sports watch.
on July 19, 2016
The watch looks nice, but it was smaller than it looked on the page. The buckle broke after two weeks of use. I kept using it with a broken buckle, but it fell down and I even did not notice it. I lost my watch because of a poorly made buckle.
on May 19, 2015
Ever since I learned to navigate with a sextant in 1989, very accurate time keeping is essential.
The casio watches are rugged and very accurate. More importantly their rate of gain or loss over a year or more is very predicable which allows times within a second over long periods of time. They may lose or gain .3 to .6 seconds per week consistently. They are also very rugged and waterproof. In particular I like the digital/analogue variety which makes reading the time in Greenwich time easier. For $22 this is a sterling buy. One can keep two or three at a time.
on September 19, 2013
I use this watch primarily for swimming. I do long distance swimming in both fresh water lakes and oceans. I compete in events with it. It's so light you hardly know its on your wrist. Under water it is easy to read. Very dependable. I keep it in my gym bag and use it when working out with weights. For swimming though, I love it. Well worth it and the price is great. Sometimes the little inexpensive items one purchases in life can turn out to be the most pleasant of purchases.
on May 4, 2017
Watch has 4 different alarm sounds. Simple to make mode changes. one minor gripe. There is no light on the watch. Much better than the AW80H model which was too complicated. Good watch.
on September 1, 2017
I like it.... I really wanted a small watch that have analog and digital read out and this fits the bill. Who needs to spend $200 on a watch when this Casio is classic and functional.
on February 13, 2017
I 'm a bit of a watch collector and this is my new favorite. The watch has a beautiful face design. It has a mineral dial window which for me is very important since I have quickly scratched the heck out of the resin window watches in a relatively short time. This watch also comes with a Japanese Quartz Movement. This is a rarity among Casio Watches especially in this price range. This watch has great looks & solid components. You will not find a better watch in this price range.
on October 19, 2011
I purchased this watch to replace an older version of this same watch that I've owned for many many years. The older watch is still working, but the crystal face is now very scratched from every day wear and tear. Unfortunately, the new watch arrived competely dead. I suspect the battery inside was dead, but I wasn't about to spend more money on a new battery and experiment to see if that was the problem. Amazon made it easy to return the watch and I promptly ordered an exact replacement. I noticed that the second watch is being shipped from a different location - hopefully it will arrive in perfect WORKING condition. I will update this review as soon as the replacement watch arrives. FYI, I have loved the older version of this watch made by Casio and use it for travel as an alarm clock and love it's dual time zone feature. I expect this new version to be just as reliable and attractive.

UPDATE (two days later): the replacement watch arrived in two days - in perfect condition - well packaged - and WORKING. Consequently, I'm upgrading the this transaction's rating from two stars to four stars (I give the actual Casio watch ***** - five stars).

Suggestion: shipping department should actually LOOK to see if a digital watch is working BEFORE they put it in a box to send out to a customer.
on October 25, 2016
So perfect for my job as a nurse. There are many tasks for me to use both analogue and digital (I.e. Measuring the time of iv push, hourly chime for me to check on urine output or ventriculostomy drainage). slick and thin design is great to clean with alcohol wipes. I highly recommend for nurses.