Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning girlss6 tgirlss6 girlss6  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Showing 1-10 of 238 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 259 reviews
on August 23, 2012
Have had this watch about 2 weeks and it is working perfect. The watch updates every night first time at 12:04 AM. The watch will update 6 times a day if needed. All updates take place from 12:00 AM to 5:00 AM. Once it gets a update the watch will not update anymore that day. If the watch does not update, it will try up to 6 times till 5:00 AM. This is how all atomic watches work in the United States. The watch charges either by outside sun or inside lights. The AWGM100 is pretty easy to setup, I even have it set to chime every hour. The watch displays both digital and analog time, the best of both worlds. The watch wears great, and I forget I even have it on. The light seems to work good and I have no problem seeing the time at night with the push of a button. You can even set the light to auto and it will automatically come on with the turn of the wrist. The AWGM100 has 5 alarms and you can set it to see other times around the world. If you travel the updates can be set to receive anywhere in the world to the correct time. Once you set the watch to your time zone you will never have to do any thing to the watch again, it even changes back and forth from daylight savings time automatically. There is only one thing I can say about the AWGM100-1ACR "SWEET".
66 comments| 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 19, 2016
I'm a pretty certifiable watch nut, and own quite a few. I've had G-Shocks in the past that I've either returned or sold for the simple reason that they're too big and bulky for my wrist. I'm a Casio fan, but these were just too much (mainly too tall) for my smaller wrist. I'm not a big guy, and the general problem is that they are too tall to fit over a long sleeved shirt. Yes, I use a 200m Ironman for swimming and diving, and own several Citizen Eco 200 meter watches for the same, but they don't make my wrist look like something a Star Trek crew member would be wearing. And the Timex isn't solar; I'm getting more and more spoiled with the idea of not having to pay $20 for a battery for a $60 watch anymore.

I've been looking for a solid solar battery watch with atomic timekeeping I could use on an upcoming trip to Europe. I needed a watch that would pick up the signals from Germany while I'm there. Despite my earlier prejudice against the Gs, a couple of the reviews made me decide to give this one a shot.

I couldn't be happier. This watch does the trick. If you're new to Casio, you have to get used to the microscopic manual, but the instructions are fairly easy, though I now have to adjust the home city to accommodate signals from other countries. Think I can handle it.

Pros:
Reasonable height and weight. Not too tall, not too wide. Fairly normal sized watch unless you're one of those masochists who like 52mm Invictas.
Band is lightweight which adds to the "less bulk" asset, though I worry about long term endurance.
Attractive design for a G. The analog face with the smaller subdials make this watch look like a real watch rather than a dive computer.
Buttons: As opposed to another review, I LIKE the subdued buttons. They fit in the case nicely and are still easy to operate.
Value: If experience is any guide, this is the watch you want to dive a coral reef with rather than that $600 Citizen or $900 Tag Heuer you brought along to impress the ladies on your dive trip. Under $100 is a good deal for a watch that can take 200m.

Cons:
Lighting: Still the cheapo Casio backlight, which works minimally but is no match for the Timex Indiglo system.. But the illumination of the hands is good, so it's readable at night without using the backlight.
Alarms: Again, a Casio trait of too-quiet alarms. I don't use this feature, but if you're a non-millennial who doesn't use his phone as an alarm clock, you might find this annoying.
Digital display: A caveat here. I'm nearing 60 and use reading glasses. I can still make out the small digital displays without them, but it isn't easy. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Overall, I really like this watch and am happy to come back to a G-Shock I can actually wear. I've already road tested the signal reception and was able to get a manual reception early in the evening from Fort Collins (I'm in Phoenix). I will update this review after water exposure if necessary, but rarely have a problem with a G in the water. Great watch for under $100.
on May 1, 2015
This is a nice watch. It's very sharp looking and not extra large like some of the G-shock watches. The atomic time works great, the solar battery works great, love being able to move the hands out of the way, very easy to read in the daytime, very comfortable on my wrist. It does everything you need a watch to do and more. The digital inserts are informative and easy to read. It gets 3 stars from me for 2 reasons. 1 - it's very difficult to read at night. The luminescence is marginal at best and the light is so-so. 2 - the alarm is so anemic I don't think it will wake me up, and I'm a very light sleeper. Seriously - it's weak. If you don't need those two things then this watch is great, otherwise look at different models.
on February 10, 2015
Got the watch few days ago and is already my everyday watch. Easy to set up, easy to read and feels tough.
review image review image review image review image
on March 16, 2017
Bought this as a gift for my boyfriend and he absolutely loves it. He's very picky about watches and sorely misses his old one, but it is no longer being produced. He found this one as an alternative and he wears it at all times. The glow in the dark features work especially well!
on March 20, 2017
Exactly as expected
on March 14, 2017
no comment it`s very good
on December 17, 2012
I was torn between this and the black version of the same watch. This one was nearly half the price of the black version and reviews indicated that the digital parts of the black version were difficult to read (which they are not on this version). I chose this one and was pleasantly surprised when it arrived. It looks great and is easy to set-up. I have never liked the watches with cluttered faces and this one is so simple. I set mine up with the date on one digital face, the day of the week on another, and of course the seconds on the other digital reading. That's all I need in a watch, as well as the analogue dial. I don't use at night so the light problem of possibly being difficult to read with the light (reported by some other reviewers) doesn't worry me. This watch looks classy for a g-shock and is near normal watch size, not massively bulky like some others. I went for the g-shock because I have broken 2 expensive watches in 2 weeks. I needed something that could take my lifestyle. A bonus was that it arrived in Australia in the fastest time any item has ever arrived. What a great deal.
on November 10, 2014
I've always been a watch wearer. I'm the type of watch wearer that once I put it on, I will never take it off until it breaks.
From when I was young it was so. I'm also not gentle with them. What I mean is, I don't take note of the watch, it becomes a part of my wrist and it will be knocked against surfaces - like opening doors, showering, washing dishes, playing sports - I don't take it off and I don't try to evade contact because a watch is on my wrist.

Now with that said, I've been wearing this watch for months and it's holding up VERY nicely. I didn't take it off when doing any of the above. I also spent a month helping my dad renovate a store and wore it as I painted, hammered, and sawed wood.The watch is still working perfectly and no scratch on the face of it.

I also have to mention, that due to past issues with me having to get new watches: battery dies, it breaks, or not keep time. I also stopped wearing a watch for 7 years since the last one broke.
When I finally decided I should wear a watch again... I wanted a tough watch, I wanted to make sure not to have those issues again, mostly the battery running out.
So, I picked this watch with that in mind. It has the solar charging, which helps a lot. This also updates time every night so that it'll always keep time, not to mention auto daylight saving adjustment due to that time update feature. Waterproof... well water resistant enough to wash dishes and swim with. My parents do not use the dishwasher.

It is a great watch and Casio will always be my choice from now on. I even bought one (different model and design) for my dad's birthday. This little guy had worked well for me and I hope to wear it for many years to come.
on March 1, 2017
Simply a beautiful watch.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.