Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Analog Watch - Black One Size
Amazon Vehicles Editors' Picks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM

on November 13, 2003
CASIO is hip. They're the masters of plastic. I like this watch because it keeps excellent time, is light-weight, and from a distace, it resembles a Swiss-Army watch. This is a good watch to wear if you don't like heavy, cumbersome watches. It is waterproof and the battery is easy to change. I've had mine for 2 and a half years, and it's still going strong.
on July 3, 2006
This is the most comfortable watch I have ever owned. I recently lost mine, and now I'm buying another.
on May 4, 2007
This is exactly as advertised. I wanted a watch unaffected by sweat, heat and cold, and got it
on September 29, 2008
It isn't a chronograph and it won't tell you how deep you're scuba-diving. It's a watch. It tells time. Period.

It's very slim and hugs the wrist beautifully. Synthetic band is hypoallergenic and doesn't catch any hairs. Numbers are large and visible, although they do not have any phospor and do not glow in the dark. It has a second hand. The stem is hooded and the adjustment is positive.

If you want more features - glowing dial, calendar - then check the next model up, which is also very economical and comfortable. But for basic, no-frills timekeeping this one's a gem.
on December 2, 2013
I've owned two of these. They're light, comfortable, accurate, and easy to read. The plastic band isn't quite as comfortable as leather, but is almost weightless which makes up for it. The face does get scratched fairly easily, and when it does it tends to be rather brutal (plastic is simply not hard enough to stand up to a sharp, hard object). However, it's a nice everyday watch overall.

If you can afford it, you will probably look a little better in a more expensive watch, and you can probably get one with a more durable face (plastic < crystal/mineral < sapphire in terms of hardness). You can get sapphire-faced watches for less than $200, though it takes a little research. I recommend reading Amazon's watch buying guide if you're interested in the variety of potential features that are out there.
on July 22, 2013
I work in a kitchen. I needed something that i could beat up, and wouldn't have to spend more than $10 on.

I bang this thing on counters, and walls, reach in icy water, and spill every kind of sauce, flour, cleaning agent, and god knows what else on it.

Yeah the glass has a couple major scratches, and a bunch of little ones. But it still works!!! Except for the scratched glass it looks new. Band has no wear at all.

If you need a cheap, reliable chronograph Casio is the way to go.

As for fit I have medium to large hands and wrists. It's perfectly comfortable, but wish I had gotten a slightly larger watch to match my wrist size. Otherwise perfect buy.
on February 23, 2016
I got this because I have the white dial model without the 24 hour time and I love it. It has been working perfectly for years but I wanted one with 24 hour time. Like the other casio this is the perfect size for my small wrist it's very lightweight and almost feels like nothing. The 24 hour is a pro and a con because it makes it easier to read the hour but harder to read the minute, but I'm sure I will get used to it. Will try to update this review in a few years to see how I feel about it then.

One other thing to note is that the watch that I received seemed to have been repackaged for whatever reason. (The watch stand belongs to a different model casio watch) this doesn't really bother me as the watch looks authentic and has been working well for the short time that I have had it.

After using it a few times I have to take off a star because of the color choice. I prefer my white dial casio for its readability. The black dial with silver and red number is less easy to read in general and especially in low light conditions. The choice to put the 13 to 24 hours in red seems odd, they should have gone with a brighter color.
on March 13, 2016
EVERYTHING WAS JUST DANDY--UNTIL DAYLIGHT TIME CAME ALONG. I TRIED TO RESET THE TIME (THIS MORNING), BUT EVEN AFTER CONSIDERABLE EFFORT TO PULL THE STEM OUT, I COULDN'T GET THE HANDS TO MOVE. I ALSO BOUGHT ONE OF THESE WITH A WHITE FACE, AND IT HAS SURVIVED SO FAR. I KNOW THIS IS A CHEAP WATCH, BUT IT COULD AT LEAST LET YOU SET IT TWICE A YEAR!. AS FOR APPEARANCE, I LIKED THE BLACK ONE BEST FOR WHAT THAT'S WORTH!

/S/ MOSSBACK
on November 9, 2011
This watch is nearly perfect for me, and at under $10 it is an unbelievable value. I would have liked to rate it about 4.75 out of 5, but as that's not possible I've rounded it up to 5 stars.

I think the all-black watch looks good, and it is not too large for my smaller wrist -- though I don't consider the watch "small" ("mid-size" is more like it). It's a thin watch with a low profile, which I like. The flexible plastic watch band is quite comfortable and adjustable. The whole package is light-weight and very comfortable.

There are a few minor improvements that would have made this watch even better, in my opinion:
-- I wish the hour and minute hands were luminous, and maybe slightly larger (wider).
-- I wish the second hand was luminous, or had a luminous "dot" on it, or at least was a different color (currently it looks a lot like the minute hand at first glance, although its movement quickly differentiates it).

Conclusion: A great watch, at an incredible price!
on January 15, 2016
This is the best "cheap" watch you can buy in my opinion. They keep great time, are extremely slim, super lightweight, and are very easy to read. These are available in black face and white face. I have one of each.