Workplace Solutions Editors' Holiday Gift Picks Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Stocking Stuffers hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now 25% off select Graco products

Showing 1-10 of 54 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on June 18, 2015
When I received the watched I felt like I had found the perfect one. Fully functional, pretty light, good design. Overall, I was about to write a 5-star review. However, after only one day of normal use – no harsh conditions, really just regular use, knowing I'm quite cautious with my belongings – it got a glitch right on the case.

So beware: even though it's called a "Stainless Steel Watch", the case is NOT made of steel. It's made out of a cheap kind of resin that allows the watch to be lighter, but also makes it much less durable. I really got disappointed with this point.

For under $20, it's still a great watch, worth 4 stars (good quality/price ratio), but I'd rather put a 3-star review to drag your attention on this point if you're looking for a solid or durable watch as I was.
review image
on June 15, 2013
Just purchased this model to add to my collection of The El Cheapo line of Casio Watches. They are my favorite watches because of their practicality. They're simple. They work. They last. They don't kill your wallet when they do finally give out (average lifespan for me has been about 10 years each). I also am a fan of classic things and my aesthetic sense tends to gravitate to the humble. The basic Casio watches to me are like Levi's jeans and Chuck Taylors--tastefully timeless (no pun intended) without breaking the bank (though many may argue--and rightfully so--that even Levi's & Chucks are pushing the limits of affordablility these days).

Although technically this model looks like it is an updated version of the classic Casio B612W (Google it), functionally it has all the same features as the A168W-1 (my all-time fave: Casio Men's A168W-1 Electro Luminescence Digital Bracelet Watch) with an added countdown timer. The main display has the important data you need: Time/Month/Date/Day of the Week. The Illuminator light is amber colored instead of blue like on the A168 and it stays lit for 2 secs after you release the button (nice touch). Aesthetically, it's a little more modern-era, rounder and sleeker than the comfort-evoking, retro chunkiness of the B612W & A168W-1. The stainless steel case is now resin, painted to give a frosted silver appearance and the text on the face border is more subdued and minimized (like a MacBook Pro or iPhone--Intentional?). I have no concerns of it not working for the next decade, unless I do something to physically damage it (These aren't G-Shocks). And even if I do, Neither I nor my wallet have any qualms about replacing it with another one.

Don't get me wrong, I like (and own) other more expensive wristwatches, but there will always be a special place in my heart and in my watch rotation for classic Casios.
88 comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 30, 2013
I prefer larger men's watches and this one is perfect it big but not too big. Very nice quality. I have the rose gold one as well and I wear one or the other every day. Does not nick and is waterproof. LOVE.
on December 30, 2013
Nice looking watch. However, the band is very short there was not enough links to lengthen. The price was very reasonable.
This is a replacement for a watch just like it that I had for many, many years but lost 2 months ago. It works great and I like it very much. The only drawback I find is that the "stainless" is a thin plating on plastic which will wear off given time and usage (just like my old one did) leaving a grey plastic body exposed. My old watch did this and the design has not changed. The description sounds like a watch machined from a billet of steel but that is not so. It is only a cosmetic cover which saves weight but is not all that strong or durable. But for the money, this is a great watch that should last you many years!
on October 3, 2016
Direct import from Japan. A little smaller than what I am used to, but years ago, watches
we're this size. Works fine, easy to set. Band does not pull hair. Had no trouble with setting
Band size, really simple operation. For the price, you can't go wrong.
on June 24, 2015
I absolutely LOVE this watch. I've always been the kind of guy who's got a watch on me. However, long story short, I got a rash on there because of all the close contact with typical timex watches. This metallic watch was a godsend. It's got a stopwatch, a countdown timer, displays the date, and a few other things that are pretty nifty. When you got any of the other screens displayed, the time will also be displayed on the time. If the picture that amazon displays was set to the stopwatch screen, the time will be displayed where the date is. Overall, it's a very nice watch. The only drawback is that it is not very user friendly. But have some patience and read the manual thoroughly and you will be fine.
on August 25, 2016
I had a very similar Casio model but decided to finally replace it. My old one had the exact same band and I never had a problem with it, This band is terrible. It won't stay latched. My other watch is 5 years old and the crystal is still unblemished but this one got a scratch across it the second day. It functions well but the upper left button is very recessed and hard to use. I think I'd pass on this model next time.
on August 30, 2016
This watch looks very nice and has higher than the typical Casio quality. It is rather small but certainly suitable for men. The features are basic but has the essential alarms, timer, and chronograph. I specially like the date showing on the main screen together with the time. Lastly, the price point is excellent or this watch.
on July 5, 2016
This is a great, retro-styled watch on the small end of men's sizes. It is not out of place in a professional setting, and is really only let down by the case being plastic instead of metal. The stainless steel band is resizeable, but is murder on arm hair. Thankfully, the case takes a standard 18mm band, so the sky's the limit in terms of replacements.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.