Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,573 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,712 reviews
on January 30, 2015
I've always wanted a calculator watch. Now that I'm pushing 30, I felt that I'm an adult and I can do what I want and I want to buy a calculator watch, dammit. Yeah, I said it. You're not my mom. Deal with it.

It's great. It has dual time, a stopwatch, alarm, tells the date and day of the week, AND A FRIGGIN' CALCULATOR. If you wear it tightly enough, you can feel your pulse. So it's like an Apple Watch only it costs under $20, has a 3 year manufacturer's warranty, and the battery lasts five years. Doesn't send text messages, but you can write such words as 'BOOBS', 'BOOBIES', 'BOOBLESS', 'BEES', and 'SHOE'. So if you're a man of few words and your friend is right next to you, it's basically the same as iMessage.

Knocked off a star because the screen seems to lack some contrast. Not sure if it's permanent or the battery is low. Can't recharge the battery, so I don't know.
review image
33 comments| 214 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2017
What a cool piece. I'm 33, so I'm just old enough to remember this watch being the coolest thing in the mid 80s, then progress to something only nerds and dorks would wear, then fade into obscurity. But since it's now 2017 and it's cool to be a geek again, this is now so nerdy it's awesome. I put it on a cool NATO style strap, and this watch gets as many compliments and is as fun to wear as my nice, conventional watches. It's the best style statement you can make for 17 bucks.

Functionality wise, it's awesome. Calculator, stopwatch, and dual time zones. No backlight, however. But overall, what a quality piece. I love it!
review image review image review image
on September 26, 2016
Awesome
review image
on March 15, 2017
Wish this watch could calculate cos and sin and exponential powers.... jk. I am not that smart and this helps me add and subtract when I run out of fingers and toes to count with. It also has a retro look to it that I think matches my personality. I get compliments on it all the time. I am use to wearing g-shock watches so was worried about the durability of this watch. However, after wearing the watch for over 4 months, I can attest that this watch not only looks nice, but is built well. I also have a newborn and I like how it doesn't always "bonk" against my son's head since it is low-profile (my g-shock had a big watch head and would constantly hit against my son's head).

Don't expect to be able to calculate and figure out dark matter with this watch, but wearing it makes you look like you could :)
on May 15, 2016
This is a review of the Casio CA53W Calculator Watch. Back in primary school in the 80's, this was one of the watches that everyone wanted to own. Since I was more active with sports and swimming, my parents only got me a Casio that was 100M water resistant or more. Close to 30 years later, I am finally able to fulfill this desire. It does so in great success.

Features:
- Time with hours, minutes, and seconds. Also displayed on the main screen are the AM/PM indicator and the day of the week.
- Basic calculator.
- Alarm.
- Dual time zone.
- Stop watch.

Wishes to add to this watch:
- Electroluminescent display.
- At least 50M water resistance.

This would be the perfect watch with an electroluminescent display and at least 50M of water resistance. Other than that, I am completely pleased with this watch as it fulfills that vintage charm, has so many features, and has a very attractive and symmetrical display. Best of all, I am glad to have this one after finding out on the Casio website that this is being discontinued. A 4.5 out of 5.0 stars.

UPDATE July 11, 2016:
Attached are pictures of the Casio CA53W Calculator Watch compared to couple of affordable alternatives that are also from Casio, the Casio W800H-1AV ($12) and the Casio F105W-1A ($13). I wish the Calculator Watch had the Electroluminescent light of the F105W, which is the most attractive watch light in my experience. The F105W is just too small for my wrist, though the Calculator Watch is the perfect size.
review image review image review image review image review image
on April 30, 2017
If you have never seen this and don't appreciate it's status in pop culture then move on from this review and this product. But if you were a teenager in the 80's then you have rediscovered a true gem that, for $20 bucks, is worth it even if you just chuckle to yourself when you look at it in your drawer. And if you wear it proudly in public, I can GUARANTEE it will elicit more great comments than any watch you have ever owned, 95% positive, 4% simply confused but curious, and maybe, MAYBE 1% negative from someone born after 1990. I love my Rolex, and admire exquisite time pieces, but the fun and laughs I have had with this cannot be matched. I would have paid hundreds for this if I found it at a garage sale, but honestly the smiles and reactions I have gotten don't have a price.
Long live Marty McFly!
on March 30, 2017
The reason it's 4 star instead of 5 is I didn't know the buttons were so small.

It's a fun little watch and may be great for kids or people with small fingers. As an adult male with average size hands and wrist maybe even a little on the small side the buttons aren't all that easy to push.

The styling is cool and it's a classic so you can't beat that. Definitely have to read instructions to set up.

It's a conversation piece but also tells time and I can calculate the tip so I do enjoy it.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on September 2, 2016
I always wanted one of these as a kid in the 90s. My father, who was a teen in late 70s and 80s was concerned that I would get made fun of at school because, not only were they more expensive back then, only super-geeks wore calculator watches when he was in school; I guess that still applied to the mid-to-late-90s as Casio Calculator Watches hadn't become old enough to be retro-chic yet. My friend, a 30-something exec, recently bought one and I was immediately reminded of how badly I wanted one as a kid and was ecstatic when he told me it was only $15.

Upon first purchasing the watch, I felt that I would mostly just use it as a fashion statement more or less -- some kind of geek hipster I guess. But I use this thing all the time: Tips on food, BitCoin conversions, tallying my PostMates delivery totals, all kinds of daily math! I have a genuine need for the second time zone too, having relatives and family in another country and I use the stopwatch frequently to time things like workouts and bike rides as well as walking times to all the facilities I use on a daily basis so that I can find the fastest routes (I'm a big nerd, I know). I probably use this watch for something other than telling time around 10 times a day.

I have an iPhone and, sure, I could do all the same things on the iPhone and more than this cheap little watch, but the watch is right there on my wrist! I don't have to take it out, unlock it, and find whatever app I need to use, I just turn my wrist and get straight into it. Sure, I could get an Apple Watch, but I don't see the need to spend $350 on what is essentially a second phone at this point in my life and many of the same problems that come from the complexity of so much versatility would still get in the way. And I can't imagine what using a calculator with such a tiny touch-screen would be like. Even if they're tiny, the Casio's buttons are physical, which goes a long way to being easy to press.

If you are a fan of calculators, geeky things, cheap useful things, or Back to the Future and Marty McFly don't hesitate.

This watch is fantastic. Casio was way ahead of their time in the late 70s and 80s, not with just this watch but all the fitness and calculator watches they produced. This is an icon of an era of extreme leaps in personal computing technology.

Features:
* Watch (either 12 or 24 hour) with day of the week indicator and toggle to see year, month and day
* Basic Calculator supporting up to 8 digits and supporting addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, as well as basic exponents
* Alarm (can also set an hourly chime from here)
* Alternate timezone
* Stopwatch: chimes every 10 minutes, can record multiple laps.

PROS:
+ Cheap!
+ 5 functions: Clock, Calculator, Alarm, Alternate Timezone, Stopwatch
+ Option to have watch chime on the hour
+ Can technically multitask (run the stopwatch in the background while you use other functions)
+ Durable and Water Resistent
+ Alarm is a good volume
+ Keeps precise time (I synced it to time.gov several days ago and it's still accurate to the precise second)
+ Because of it's simplicity, it just works
+ Surprisingly feature-full for such simple technology.

CONS:
- I personally wish the holes in the arm band were offset 50%. One hole is slightly too tight and the next is slightly too lose. That's just a nit-picky personal problem though.
on August 27, 2016
I LOVE this watch. It is a constant conversation piece as people go crazy for the retro vibe of it. I purchased mine as a warehouse deal, and it did come with a crack in the plastic covering the number pad going horizontally from the side of the watch across the the 3 button, but I honestly don't mind. It's hardly noticeable, doesn't affect it's functionality, and I think it gives it even more character. I would definitely purchase a new one if this one dies on me, but it seems very reliable so far.

The calculator function has really come in handy a few times! Pressing the main button on the side scrolls through the main clock, calculator, alarm, dual time, and stopwatch. I only knocked a star off because the warehouse deal said it was in "brand new" condition and it clearly was not.
VINE VOICEon October 19, 2015
This is a great, simple watch. Only a couple minutes to familiarize myself and set the time and it's been on my wrist ever since.

Like a lot of folks I wind up checking my phone an inordinate amount of time just to see the time and maybe use the calculator. Why not save myself a step and save my phone's battery the precious screen-on time by offloading those tasks to a really really comfortable watch?

As others have mentioned the band is super comfortable. it has a lot more flex than the G-shock watches I liked to wear, but it's not a "heavy duty' watch (though it feels pretty tough and is at least water resistant for a quick splash.) The watch is also so low profile that it easily slides underneath sleeves. It's all black, so it goes with everything. It's also a digital watch so it clashes with just about everything too. But whatever, be a little eccentric for once.

The only things I have to acknowledge that could (possibly) be improved is that the buttons are a little difficult to press (though not too hard, I think i'll get used to the numbers being the left of the corresponding button) and that I would trade the "dual time" feature for a countdown timer. I think for anyone who has issues adding or subtracting timezones and using the calculator and a little brain power.