Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 85 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 91 reviews
on April 1, 2017
I don't work at a construction site or anything that would require a G-Shock which are awesome but for some reason or other this watch seems to be the best suitable watch for my job, it has just about everything you need 5 alarms hourly chime stopwatch timer effective backlight ability to store simple txt info the watch is very light weight the only feature I find unuseful is the dule time I own an Apple Watch I gotta say this watch is adequate enough to make deciding to wear a 300$ wearable to the workplace a choice. Conclusion this watch will serve most basic needs without have to worry about wearing a pricey smart watch.
on June 26, 2012
After using the DB37H-1AV for a little while, I was very pleased to see incredible functionality and quality for so little money. Its incredible array of features includes a 30-page DataBank, a stopwatch, a timer, a dual timekeeping mode, an hourly time signal, and 5 alarms (one even has a snooze). All of these features can be found on this awesome watch for under $16.00, the greatest value for money i've ever seen from Casio. Top that off with a 10-year battery, 50 meter water resistance, a LED light with auto-light option, and a daylight savings time option, and you have an incredible watch

PROS:
-Very Comfortable
-Silver-colored case
-Large screen
-All buttons are on the front of the watch, you can't accidentaly change settings
-Bright LED backlight
-Auto-light function
-Day of the week, Date (year, month, date)
-Day of the week in 13 selected languages:
English, Puerto Rican, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Polish, Turkish, Russian, and more
-30- page databank (each one consists of a name and a number)
-Language of name matches language of day of the week setting
-Hourly time signal
-5 alarms
-Snooze alarm
-Comfortable and durable textured resin band
-Reliable quartz movement
-Casio reliability and value

CONS
-No complaints or problems whatsoever!
on September 5, 2013
I am very impressed with the watch. It addressed a lot of my issues with the older data bank models. For the price, it is a great product. This new model does not have numbers or letters on the key pad. Therefore, you will never have the problem with the number and letters fading off within one year. This will require a little more effort setting up your data. Yet, it is not to bad since you are not changing your data that frequent.

I do miss not having the security code password feature and character & numbers on the same data line. Yet, paying less than $20 for a data bank watch. Wow, what a value. 150 data bank watches start around $200 while 300 data bank watches start around $299.
on June 7, 2013
I have Casio watches, different cases but same battery operated digital inside. I collected a few of this, still working but the resin strap broken. Because it's a reliable and plentiful functions can only be out done by a Timex watch with the same functions. I just keep on buying and after awhile, I found a nice Velcro stylist strap. Now I am left with four or five of this on my drawer. This Casio watch battery takes at least five years to spent. I replaced a battery on two of them but it took me sometimes to reattached the strap that hold the battery. For this cheap everywhere, everyday watch price, what the heck am I trying to do. I could have brought it to a watch repairman but how much I would have paid for the battery plus the labor, a new one would be $5 difference and it comes with a new strap.

What I have was the all black and one is a data bank, this one is two tone and gave a different twist taste to it. The functions are all the same, Time with DST, world time, stop watch, count down, four Alarms, data and day-date. This model have larger font for people wearing eyeglasses. I keep on buying this Casio watch for the last ten years speak for itself. You can wear it any place that I won't bring my Rolex and no one will give a second of interest.
on May 8, 2017
Very nice watch, functional, comfortable and really its battery lasts a lot. The only bad thing, like all casio watches, is that the strap with the continuous use of being plastic, is broken and its replacement costs almost the same as buying the new watch. The important thing is to treat it carefully and you will have an excellent watch
on November 24, 2014
Most watches are absurdly difficult to set or to use in different modes. Casio spent an extra penny or two to add enough buttons to be able to set the watch and to use it as a stopwatch in a reasonable way.

I have never used any of the other modes. Lesson to other watch makers: Please spend the extra pennies to have enough buttons to do the job. No one wants to pore over a manual to figure out how to do basic things.

By the way, I have owned this watch before. The bands do not last very long. And it is unfortunate that it is about the same price to get a new watch as to replace the band. (Casio doesn't even sell bands. You have to go to goofball third parties.)

I am taking off one star because of the crappy bands. Lesson to Casio: Spend an extra couple of pennies and make a durable band.
on November 14, 2014
This watch has more features than I will ever use, but I selected it for the large, easy to read, display of the time and date. Some others are too small to easily read with just a quick glance. This one is easily read. The ten-year battery is a plus, as well. The ten-year battery in my previous Casio wristwatch had just died - one month short of its ten year birthday. Or, it was a month short of my wearing it for ten-years. So, one can only hope that a watch with a ten-year battery has not been sitting alone on a store or warehouse shelf, running, for years before it gets delivered to the customer.
on June 11, 2014
I chose this rating because I don't think this watch will be a long term solution for me. The readout is very large and it displays day of the week, date and year. I like all of these functions. I also like that the placement of the buttons are not on the side of the watch but rather at the bottom. But what I don't like is that the glass covering the watch is so cheap. I have only had it for a week and I have managed to scratch it twice already. And its not like I work in construction-I work in an office! A couple more scratches like this and I won't be able to read it clearly. Very cheap glass. I also don't like the light. I knew going in it was not an indie-glo type. But this is basically just a tiny bulb in a corner that illuminates the entire inside from one corner. It's a very sickly light. So this will do me for now while I look into getting a more long term solution.
on November 26, 2009
Below is my original (4-star) review. I'm downgrading the review (I would make it 2.5 stars if I could) because of a problem I've never had before with a Casio watch: the plastic "crystal" scratches so badly that it makes it hard to read the watch! That is really a big problem, and I'm actually looking at having to replace this watch because of it. Bummer.
----------------------
I started buying Casio watches when they were first produced in the 1970s. I've found them reliable and indispensable ever since, and have never been without one. (I'm a little weird about "timing" things, from how long it takes me to get somewhere to how long it takes the waitress to appear.) This watch replaces a databank watch that's about ten years old. (The watch didn't fail but the case did.) I like the new one better because button placement is better and this one has a light (the old one didn't). I'm giving four stars for two reasons: (1) the case on this one is quite a bit thicker for some reason, even though the functions are exactly the same; (2) the numbers on this one are lighter (both thinner, and less black) than the old one, making it a little harder to read in bright light. Even so, Casio watches are THE GREATEST! /;oD
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 13, 2013
my headline should say it all. Best all round watch out there. I use the countdown timer every day for my meditation period. The only reason I have to get new ones every 4 or 5 years is the bands eventually give way and it hard to get replacements that stay on. Excellent for travel as I keep my passport # in it and frequent flyer # etc. and a few other phone numbers so no fumbling for paper notebooks etc

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.