Industrial Deals HPC Holiday Gift Picks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Last Minute Gifts Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon life life life  All-new Echo Save $10 on Fire 7. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

on November 19, 2017
have owned similar watches off and on since 1979... reliability has always been top notch... functions are great(love the countdown timer)... every time I try a non-casio watch I know I've made a mistake in days... why not a 5 star review? the wrist band... every day (at least once) the wrist band rotates the watch face so I cannot read it 1handed! (if I ever find a casio in this superb price range with these features that has a non rolling wristband I will give it a 6 star rating!!! )
on July 7, 2017
For $25.00 this is a fantastic watch! It has the basic features we expect but the best is the different shaped case that it has. I am also a collector of Casio watches and this one is turning into my favorite. Water resistant is great as well, performed a swimming test and it showed no signs of leaks and no condensation under the display screen "crystal" which is a huge plus. I would recommend this watch to anyone from a golfer to a police officer.
on May 29, 2017
I dive at a resort where the dive master keeps track of the time, so this is just used for my own information. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a watch for this purpose, but this one is perfect for that. It's a typical plastic Casio watch, although a little bulkier than average, and the display is rather small. I don't wear it day-to-day, but for the price, it is worth having just for diving and other activities.
on March 23, 2014
I wanted a replacement for my daily watch which I NEVER take off...I don't do diving but mess with some chemicals for work that have damaging fumes...My last CASIO watch rated to 300M died on me after 16 years and wanted a replacement without being huge on my relatively small wrist and at a good price. Same size with even snugger fit...and it tells me at a glance (no mode switching) the day, date, and with an easy read time layout. It isn't stylish or fancy but dependable thus far. No regrets...if the dependability doesn't hold up I will update the rating accordingly.

Updating after three years of use and abuse with no issues. Dependability is great...well designed. I have used it everyday since I purchased it in Dec 2012. I work in on machines and it gets hit and washed in gas and soap and alcohol...whatever I happen to deal with. Just had to change the band as expected due to it hardening up due to the chemicals and everyday use. I ONLY take it off to use another watch for formal occasions...it looks too old to go out with but change it back as soon as I reach back home. Would definitely recommend!
on December 30, 2013
Many years ago I owned a Rolex. I worried a lot about losing it. It kept time OK, but not perfectly. It had just one function--the time. Then I bought a Casio which lasted something like 20 years. A brush with acid peeled the rubber off a bit so I bought this one. I also owned another Casio which I lost about a year later. I did not realize it had fallen into the bat bag of the baseball team I played for. It stayed in that bag for three years, getting pounded constantly. When I found it three years later, it was a bit worn, but it was still working fine. I gave it away. Both of the original watches are still running although one has no rubber case so it is glued to the wall near my desk. My third Casio is the DW290 which I have had for almost three years. It is very resistant to abuse and frequent immersion in water has not bothered it. I wish the stopwatch was a little easier to reset, but that is minor. I will keep it until it falls off my wrist so I figure I'm good for many more years.
on March 31, 2016
Great looking watch!
Hot blue graphics on the face and band,
And has everything I was looking for in a sport watch.
including high res alarm, stopwatch and timer all in one.
EXTRA bright blue illuminator for night time, loud alarm, soft,comfortable band,
and the band is long enough to go around my wrist with some to spare.
PLUS the reason I decided on this specific model, is it's water "proof"
to 656 feet, (200 meters) and I really needed a new dive watch under $250.00
Sport scuba diving only goes to a depth of 120 - 130 feet usually,
so this watch is perfect and just what I was looking for.
Honestly didn't expect it to be this high quality of a digital watch,
it's really well made, and solid feeling, so I'm extremely happy with this purchase.
on March 3, 2015
I am a huge casio fan. i always bought g shocks and never owned a basic casio. i saw this cool looking watch and decided to pick it up, cant go wrong with a $25 casio. Im so glad i picked this watch up, just as tough as a g shock and looks so cool. the band was a little uncomfortable, so i switched it out for a slimmer 19mm resin band since i wear them pretty snug. if your a casio enthusiast like myself, pick this up!
on July 12, 2015
I absolutely love this watch for a sports/beater watch. For the price, it simply cannot be beat. I've have multiple g-shocks as well, but prefer this one over those because the buttons are so much easier to press, and the module has all of the functions you need, with non of the ones you don't need. I use it for running, biking, swimming and yard work. The teal lettering wore off in a few months of wearing the watch resulting in a watch that looks better than it did when it was brand new. It has also been extremely accurate. It runs about 1 second fast a week. The case and band seem to be very durable, so I'm sure it will last for years and years of abuse.
on December 28, 2012
I know it's been said many times before, but the DW-290 really is one of the best bang for the buck watches. I've had mine for about a year now and, while my newer dw5600 is getting much more wrist time, I tend to wear this one around the house when doing chores and playing with my kids.
It has lots of great features that are mentioned in all of the reviews (countdown timer, alarm, etc). The buttons are much easier to press (less recessed) than the 5600. The backlight is excellent. The band is so comfortable. It has a strong wrist presence.
The reason I gave it 4 rather than 5 stars are for a couple of cons:
The teal lettering on the band and bezel came off after just one day in a pool. This may not me a con for some, as it kind of looks good "stealthed out", but part of the charm of this watch is the colors.
The band (on mine, at least) tends to squeak quite often as it rubs against the bezel.
Other than those issues, the watch has held up well.
on November 17, 2014
I reviewed this watch Sept. of 2014 and gave it 5 stars. Today I am back extremely disappointed. The watch resets randomly even after changing the battery. I called Casio to inquire about having it replaced/repaired and since it was a year and a half old they wanted me to mail the watch to them and pay for shipping and repairs to the watch (this would cost more than the watch if I bought it new). This was the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I have worn Casio watches since I can remember and now I am turned off from their brand completely.

STEER CLEAR OF THIS WATCH.