Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 735 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 840 reviews
on November 11, 2015
For what I needed and wanted, this watch was perfect. Inexpensive, durable, waterproof, easy to read time and date, alarm, hourly time signal, timer, and stopwatch.

I also own a Casio GA-150, so for people who also own Casio watches that are similar, here are some differences:
-This watch, the DW-6900, doesn't have a world clock

-It only has 1 alarm, whereas my other Casio has 5

-When changing something, like setting the time or setting an alarm or timer, there is no "reverse button". So with my other Casio, if I'm changing an alarm from 6:30 to 6:15 I can hit the reverse button and go backwards. With this watch, I have to hit forward and go past the :59 minute mark to start back at :00 again, and then keep pressing it up to :15.

-When the alarm goes off, this watch beeps 20 times, and my other watch beeps 10 times. However, when the timer goes off it beeps 10 times.

-When you switch modes, you don't have to cycle through all of the modes to get back to the default timekeeping mode. So for example, if I switch modes from timekeeping to the alarm, and adjust settings in alarm mode, then push the mode button again after I'm done setting the alarm, it will jump back to timekeeping and skip the other modes that come after alarm like timer and stopwatch. But if I press the mode button fairly quickly then it will take me to each mode. My other watch doesn't do this, but it's a feature I like.

-I'm not sure if this differs from other Casio watches, but you cannot use the light while adjust settings, so setting an alarm in the dark can be difficult. I've found I have to remember what the current alarm is set for, and then hit the adjust button and set the alarm by counting, and when I'm done hit the light button again to see if I did it correctly. This is a bit disappointing. Also, pressing any button will turn off the light instantly. However, you can use the light while in stopwatch mode, but pressing start or stop turns off the light early.

-The watch band clasp is plastic, and not metal like my other Casio. I'd prefer metal but I have not had a single issue.

-Lastly, I've noticed this watch is a bit smaller than the analog watches that Casio makes.

This isn't an elegant watch and it isn't really attractive, but you'll never worry about breaking it or scratching it at all.

Update: As of 7/6/17 the watch still works perfectly and it has survived a few mountains, lakes, and the ocean.
review image
on May 14, 2017
Hmmm. First impressions? This watch does not look like the one in the photo. It does not have gold/yellow lettering or face color, these are both white on my watch. Second? The adjustment button requires a pen to push it, as do the other buttons, other than the excellent light button on the front. Third? Jeez, this is a short strap! The watch was made in Thailand, but come on folks, if you sell it in America you have GOT to use full size adult straps! This thing barely fits (I have 8" wrists). I have it on the fourth hole, and the strap retainer is snugged up tight to the buckle. Not nearly big enough. And the display is so tiny, with small digits. I can barely read it without my reading glasses. In fact, the display is as small as many dual display watches. Why have a crappy cartoon graphic display of time passing, which really does belong on a child's watch, and which takes up so much space that could have been devoted to a larger, clearer digital display?

My everyday watch is the Casio W800WG, which has a brilliant large display, more information more clearly laid out, and has been rugged enough for what I do. And a longer strap. So far the only advantage of the DW6900 is the front light button, which is just super cool. My DW5600E is now useless, as the light button no longer works, after less than two years. I spend a lot of time in low light conditions, so a working light button is essential. This one might be a keeper, but it's going to have to prove itself. At least it's simple and easy to set up. Go G-Shock!
on March 30, 2017
Another classic G-Shock from Casio. The DW-6600 was the watch that started the G-shock craze in the early 1990's. I remember how popular the 6600 was back in the day, in the mid 90's Casio updated the 6600 to the current DW-6900 changing the face of the watch along with a few other changes to the watches functions. On the surface this watch has a look thats aged very well. Its a design that's over 20 years old but you would never know that. The watch wears well on the wrist and is noticeably larger then the DW-5600. This is a basic G-Shock which means its a no frills watch that can take a serious beating and not show any signs of abuse for years. The display is easy to read and the buttons are easy to find and press. The watches EL back light is super bright and makes telling time at night a breeze. The stock photo of this watch should really be updated since the watches color scheme doesn't look like that at all. There's plenty of photo's from other reviewers and online with accurate representations of this watch. Amazon should really update the photo.

Overall if your in the market for a basic G-Shock that's a good fit between large and small then try this watch out or its higher end brother the GW-6900. Both are great time peaces.
review image review image
on May 5, 2014
I wanted a watch that looked decent, was easy to read and could take a beating. This is it. There are of course a list of functions it doesn't have that higher end G-Shocks have like multiple timers, atomic time keeping, thermometers, barometers, butlers and robot builders but that's exactly why I love this watch; it tells the time and date, has a stop watch and a timer. It's water proof to a depth greater than that which I can swim, looks good and is tougher than grandma's feet (she's a professional fire walker). If you want a watch that does the basic job of a watch, has the good looks of a young Brat Pack member doing it and does it with the ruggedness of that guy from the Dr Pepper 10 commercials, than this is that watch. Just buy it already, stop reading reviews and watching videos of this watch (who does that anyway) and hit the purchase button. You can thank me later.
on January 4, 2015
I give this a 9.5 out of 10. Probably one of the best watches you can get for under 50$. As far as g shocks go, my friend has one of the more expensive ones that was about double the price, and they do pretty much the exact same thing, just look a little different. I almost bought a more expensive one for the looks, but honestly, this one looks pretty good especially compared to the other g shocks. Its got a tactical type look but also a bit of sporty look and it works well. All the modes work correctly as they said. Ive had this for about 6 months now, I've had it in the snow, while swimming, even mountain biking and the only problem I've had that has happened twice is when I've had the watch off and in a bag or something, somehow the buttons where pushed and the time will change. Other then that I have not had a problem with it and I highly recommend this if you want a high quality watch without paying lots of money. I'd definitely recommend this over some of the more expensive ones.
on September 13, 2015
This is the very watch that started the G Shock craze some 25 years ago for me. I first bought it when stationed at Ft. Bragg NC Home of the 82nd Airborne Division in 1990. This watch easily survived all of the field duty, airborne operations, and even an extended stay in Saudi Arabia & Iraq late fall of 90' through the Spring of 91'. It performed like a charm.

I have purchased plenty of different G Shock models over the years for myself and loved ones, and never experienced any displeasure with a purchase. This great watch still maintains great build quality, comfortable wrist feel, and a handsome timeless design. I expect it to last for years to come.

**I did notice that the clasp is now a light plastic instead of the metal one of old. Also, the wrist band is much more narrow than the one on the original version of this watch as well.

If you ever thought of owning a G Shock watch, then this classic G is the one that I would purchase if I were you. There is not a lot of unnecessary fluff around this watch just dependable ruggedness and performance dependability.

I recommend this product.
on April 8, 2017
A man's watch: incredible, inexpensive, and durable. It's a waterproof masterpiece. It doesn't have too many extra features, which makes it that much more alluring. This simple wristwatch has been worn by Navy SEALS (Frogmen), law enforcement, various military personnel, and civilians with good taste. It is simple, rugged, and looks good on the wrist. Like the other reviews have stated, the colors though are NOT like in the product picture, rather it is like the customer review pictures. The watch is large, but not as large as other G-Shocks. Do not worry, this watch is a man's watch, and is well made. I have only had this watch a few days, but I am purchasing another to have as a back up. I would wear this with a tuxedo or suit, because a man that wears a G-Shock is usually the type of guy that cares less about social normalties. The clasp is black plastic, and this actually made me hesitate before buying it, but be assured, this watch is a tank. Lightweight, large, and masculine. The backlight alone is worth the money, as it is perfect, like a Timex Ironman watch. As of this moment, I can't imagine it coming off of my wrist except for showering, so I can wash my wrist. Good luck finding another watch like this for under $50. It's a masculine millionaire's watch.
on March 30, 2017
This is the watch to get. I just returned the GD100 due to poor visibility of the digital numerals (although I really liked the way the piece looked overall). The slight drawback here with this DW6900 is that its smaller in size but its far more visible in terms of the numbers on the screen. I was reading various reviews and options on all these different G' Shock models etc etc and what I realized is that ultimately I just needed a basic, visible, functioning digital watch and this is what this is. This is a nice looking watch to along with the classic casio rivetted band. The glow-light is perfect. One feature that is really sweet is that when you have the 'stop watch' going the regular time is still displayed right above it...
The alarm is standard. I recommend this watch to anybody that wants a tough, basic, reliable watch. This is the Toyota Tacoma of digital watches.
review image
on July 17, 2017
This watch is exactly as described online and shown in the photos. It is true black, not gray or blue or some other color. I love the way it looks. I also really like the indigo light, that is very easy to operate (though the duration of the light after you press the button is next to nothing unless you just keep your finger on the button). It is a simple, straightforward watch built to go everywhere. I have small wrists for a guy, but the watch doesn't look like I am wearing a clock on my wrist! (like some other watches out there) I love it! It is too casual for me to where to work, but I will enjoy wearing it on the weekends!
on February 20, 2017
I gave my slightly used DW6900 to my father-in-law a few years back and moved on to various other watches. Realized how much I missed this watch and recently bought another.

A minor negative for me is the gap created by the stiff supports under the spring bars makes the strap stick out on my 7.5" wrist. I replaced the stock strap with the one from the DW5600 (which has smaller supports and is also a great watch) and the watch now conforms much better to my wrist.

If you want to do the same, I recommend buying a genuine Casio DW5600 replacement strap (avail on Amazon) so the resin finishes match. The DW5600 straps are slightly thinner but IMO more comfortable.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.