Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 737 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 843 reviews
on May 5, 2014
I wanted a watch that looked decent, was easy to read and could take a beating. This is it. There are of course a list of functions it doesn't have that higher end G-Shocks have like multiple timers, atomic time keeping, thermometers, barometers, butlers and robot builders but that's exactly why I love this watch; it tells the time and date, has a stop watch and a timer. It's water proof to a depth greater than that which I can swim, looks good and is tougher than grandma's feet (she's a professional fire walker). If you want a watch that does the basic job of a watch, has the good looks of a young Brat Pack member doing it and does it with the ruggedness of that guy from the Dr Pepper 10 commercials, than this is that watch. Just buy it already, stop reading reviews and watching videos of this watch (who does that anyway) and hit the purchase button. You can thank me later.
on January 4, 2015
I give this a 9.5 out of 10. Probably one of the best watches you can get for under 50$. As far as g shocks go, my friend has one of the more expensive ones that was about double the price, and they do pretty much the exact same thing, just look a little different. I almost bought a more expensive one for the looks, but honestly, this one looks pretty good especially compared to the other g shocks. Its got a tactical type look but also a bit of sporty look and it works well. All the modes work correctly as they said. Ive had this for about 6 months now, I've had it in the snow, while swimming, even mountain biking and the only problem I've had that has happened twice is when I've had the watch off and in a bag or something, somehow the buttons where pushed and the time will change. Other then that I have not had a problem with it and I highly recommend this if you want a high quality watch without paying lots of money. I'd definitely recommend this over some of the more expensive ones.
on September 13, 2015
This is the very watch that started the G Shock craze some 25 years ago for me. I first bought it when stationed at Ft. Bragg NC Home of the 82nd Airborne Division in 1990. This watch easily survived all of the field duty, airborne operations, and even an extended stay in Saudi Arabia & Iraq late fall of 90' through the Spring of 91'. It performed like a charm.

I have purchased plenty of different G Shock models over the years for myself and loved ones, and never experienced any displeasure with a purchase. This great watch still maintains great build quality, comfortable wrist feel, and a handsome timeless design. I expect it to last for years to come.

**I did notice that the clasp is now a light plastic instead of the metal one of old. Also, the wrist band is much more narrow than the one on the original version of this watch as well.

If you ever thought of owning a G Shock watch, then this classic G is the one that I would purchase if I were you. There is not a lot of unnecessary fluff around this watch just dependable ruggedness and performance dependability.

I recommend this product.
on April 8, 2017
A man's watch: incredible, inexpensive, and durable. It's a waterproof masterpiece. It doesn't have too many extra features, which makes it that much more alluring. This simple wristwatch has been worn by Navy SEALS (Frogmen), law enforcement, various military personnel, and civilians with good taste. It is simple, rugged, and looks good on the wrist. Like the other reviews have stated, the colors though are NOT like in the product picture, rather it is like the customer review pictures. The watch is large, but not as large as other G-Shocks. Do not worry, this watch is a man's watch, and is well made. I have only had this watch a few days, but I am purchasing another to have as a back up. I would wear this with a tuxedo or suit, because a man that wears a G-Shock is usually the type of guy that cares less about social normalties. The clasp is black plastic, and this actually made me hesitate before buying it, but be assured, this watch is a tank. Lightweight, large, and masculine. The backlight alone is worth the money, as it is perfect, like a Timex Ironman watch. As of this moment, I can't imagine it coming off of my wrist except for showering, so I can wash my wrist. Good luck finding another watch like this for under $50. It's a masculine millionaire's watch.
on July 17, 2017
This watch is exactly as described online and shown in the photos. It is true black, not gray or blue or some other color. I love the way it looks. I also really like the indigo light, that is very easy to operate (though the duration of the light after you press the button is next to nothing unless you just keep your finger on the button). It is a simple, straightforward watch built to go everywhere. I have small wrists for a guy, but the watch doesn't look like I am wearing a clock on my wrist! (like some other watches out there) I love it! It is too casual for me to where to work, but I will enjoy wearing it on the weekends!
on February 20, 2017
I gave my slightly used DW6900 to my father-in-law a few years back and moved on to various other watches. Realized how much I missed this watch and recently bought another.

A minor negative for me is the gap created by the stiff supports under the spring bars makes the strap stick out on my 7.5" wrist. I replaced the stock strap with the one from the DW5600 (which has smaller supports and is also a great watch) and the watch now conforms much better to my wrist.

If you want to do the same, I recommend buying a genuine Casio DW5600 replacement strap (avail on Amazon) so the resin finishes match. The DW5600 straps are slightly thinner but IMO more comfortable.
on December 23, 2013
So I'll start with the Positive and then list the negatives.

Positives
A good watch for the price. I work for a general contractor as an engineer and do some office work and some field work. I have definitely given the watch it's fair share of bumps and beatings and it is still in good shape. About as good as when I bought it other than some scratches on the plastic and screen. I have shot shotcrete, and bumped it on steel crawling up and down steel structures, caught it on rebar and tie wire and bumped it up against concrete. I've also had it submerged in water doing dishes and swimming. Durability wise it's a good watch. I bought it in late 2009 or early 2010 and I haven't had to change the battery in it yet. I also like the light. Very helpful when you work in tunnels with very little light and you are trying to do a time study. The wrist band is like a plastic/rubber material and it latches like a belt does. Which is good incase it ever got caught on some moving equipment it should rip the watch off before it drags your hand into the equipment and rips your arm off.

Negatives
It is pretty thick. It catches on shirts when putting them on or taking them off. Like I said it snagged on rebar and tie wire when I was surveying and performing layout.

If you're looking for a watch with a million features this one is fairly basic. It has the date and time and gives you the day of the week. Along with a few other features like stop watch, count down, single alarm.

Hopefully this helps.
on July 5, 2014
I purchased this same model watch several years ago and loved it. The buckle clip broke and I was thrilled to discover the same watch was available for about $50. That should have tipped me off to it not being the same, regardless of model identity. As soon as I pulled it from the box I knew (by weight/heft alone) it wasn't the same. General appearance matches up well, but the band is a much lighter rubber (and not as black) -- and feels almost like plastic. The head is a bit smaller. As I have the old one to compare it with, there simply is no comparison. In short, that was a man's watch... this is a watch designed for a younger man. It's fine but I will make an effort to find someone to repair the original (not likely going to happen) or purchase another model.. and give this one to my nephew. Til then, it's wearable and functions as designed.
on May 19, 2017
G-Shock watches are the standard outdoor watches, and this one is no exception. Not overly bulky like some more modern watches, and retains a very simple design. Easy to read the digits and understand the modes. The large centrally-placed illumination button is nice; I've owned some watches that require you to hunt in the dark to check the time.
on November 21, 2014
I came across the G-Shock watches in the 1990's. The main reason I like them is that they keep time well (time offset is about 2 seconds a month), has a mineral crystal, and the rugged case is raised above the crystal to prevent it from smashing into things -- like when playing sports or moving around heavy equipment. The water resistance is good and I have swam around in the ocean with these watches to no ill effect.

Eventually they wear out on me after about 5 to 7 years -- mostly the case (a rubber like material) starts to fall apart. This is an everyday watch when I'm not dressing up, so it gets a lot of use.

Some G-Shock watches have a lot of nonsense in the digital display. This watch seems to have the least nonsense and that's why I bought this particular G-Shock.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.