Bubble Witch Saga 3 Vehicles Review HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc August Greene All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

G-Shock GW9052-1BCG Men's Black Resin Sport Watch
Color: Matte Black/Black|Change

on September 16, 2015
Overall, this is a very solid time piece. It is very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. The only complaint I had was that the standard band is a bit too short for a larger wrist. To correct this, I removed the band and put my old nylon strap holders in its place from an older G-Shock. They were a perfect fit. So far, so good as I have no other complaints and these watches withstand a lot of punishment from my job. A highly recommended budget G-Shock.
review image
11 comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2015
This is the watch. If you have been obsessively looking at rugged digital watches, and are cheap, like me, this is it. This is a mans watch. If you look like this guy in the pic, or have more than one friend who does, DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH. This is a watch for guys who do things. If you are a lover AND a fighter, this watch is for you. If you ever thought about being a cop or a fireman, this watch is for you. If you ever dreamed of going out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, this watch is for you. If your "watch collection" is 3.5 broken watches, this watch is for you. If you are at the point in life where you confidently meet other mens eyes and give the half up nod, this watch is for you.
Great deal on a great watch.
review image
1010 comments| 389 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 15, 2017
You won't find a better sports watch for the money - hands down. G-Shocks can take a serious beating and keep on ticking; with that in mind, if you need something that's both reliable and affordable, this is the watch for you!

All in all, I really enjoy this watch. The band is comfortable and the watch rests nicely. The waterproofing is great, you can swim with it without a problem. The back light is bright enough so that the face can be easily read at night. My only complaint is that it is a bit difficult to work with the buttons on the side - they're a little ways into the case, so if you have big fingers it can be a bit uncomfortable changing the time and whatnot.

Comparing this G-Shock to the Rangeman, this is still a fairly beefy watch. I bought the GW9052 to take with me to BCT so I could leave the Rangeman at home, and I was expecting it to be a bit slimmer but in reality they don't feel that much different. Not a bad thing, just thought I'd make note of it.

This is a great watch!
review imagereview image
This is an extremely durable watch at an incredible price! I have had it on non-stop for about 3 years now. I haven't had a single problem with is and have not even had to change the battery yet. It keeps perfect time and is still in sync with my cell phone's time. I have banged it into things many times, I wear it in the shower every day, wear it in salt-water when I surf, and it still looks brand new. It is everything I wanted in a watch and people usually think I paid a ton for it because it is a G-Shock. I usually just take the compliment and don't tell them that it was under $50
on August 9, 2017
I love this watch! I had another best selling Casio watch (Casio Men's Sport Analog Dive Watch) which I wore 24 hours a day for 2 years until the band holder broke off the other day. I'm glad it did because this watch is so much better. I love the digital time and the back light. Comfort-wise I found the analog dive watch to be a little better but I have only been wearing this watch for a few days so I'm sure it needs more time to break in and for my wrist to adapt. I think this is a cool watch, although most people looking for a fashionable watch will probably not agree. I couldn't be happier with the purchase and I look forward to wearing this just as religiously as my last Casio. I just hope the band holder on this one lasts longer than the other one.
on September 14, 2016
Just all around good watch. Good size, decent fit for larger wrists, great for wet-related work, nice bumper around the crystal to protect from scratching, although the crystal itself is actually very resistant to scratches. I've bumped this watch up against walls and cement and it still looks good. There are some minor scuffs but if anything it adds character to the watch. Most of the scratches and scuffs on the body can be buffed out fairly easily. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Time keeping is also very reliable. I've had it for several months now and it's still kicking and in great shape.

Update 10-5-17: The watch still looks great. The time is still correct and it still serves the function I need it to serve. However I can longer adjust the time or anything on the watch really. Reason why is because the adjust button no longer works. Not sure why, I noticed this a few weeks ago so I decided to write a quick review. It served me well in the past year, I just wish I would still be able to adjust the time.
on August 15, 2017
Love the watch and the hard plastic is obivisouly how it can be so rugged, band feels good although for me I'd really appreciate if the band was alittle longer since I'm sitting at the last notch for lose and second to last for a snug fit, or at least offer a slightly larger band in box. Other then that everything works good, looks decent but wish the design was alittle more cooler like the more expensive ones but I get why. Overall 4.5 out of 5
on August 15, 2017
This is the second watch of this very model that I own. The plastic casing and band on the first finally dried out and disintegrated after 20 years of daily use/abuse in all kinds of weather and conditions. The "works" on the other hand continued to work in all that time with only a battery replacement about every 5 years. The alarm tone stopped working after 12 years. So, you can see why I wanted another one for my daily watch. I looked at the various styles to see what was new, but kept coming back to the ol' reliable. Hopeful that I'll get another 20 years of use!
on February 3, 2018
The watch is perfect for what it does. It's tough, it has the basic features you would expect it to have, and it is fairly comfortable to wear. I think everyone needs one G-shock in their watch collection. You don't wear it because it is pretty--you wear it because you have work to do that would destroy a lesser watch. The thing is basically indestructible. There are much nicer G-Shocks, but you get less and less additional value for your money as you go up in price through the models.
on November 3, 2017
I have always love G-Shock watches, typically they are the only watch that stands up to the punishment. This is the first one I have ever had that the band broke on. I was pretty disappointed to say the least! Amazon was awesome about returning the product and sending a replacement right away! Love the customer service and they turned a bad experience into a pleasant one! Well done Amazon!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.