Truck Reviews HPC Spring Reading Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members $0.99 rentals for Prime members  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

G-Shock GW9052-1BCG Men's Black Resin Sport Watch
Color: Matte Black/Black|Change

on September 16, 2015
Overall, this is a very solid time piece. It is very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. The only complaint I had was that the standard band is a bit too short for a larger wrist. To correct this, I removed the band and put my old nylon strap holders in its place from an older G-Shock. They were a perfect fit. So far, so good as I have no other complaints and these watches withstand a lot of punishment from my job. A highly recommended budget G-Shock.
review image
75 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on March 18, 2015
I cannot speak highly enough of this watch.
It is a very comfortable, very durable watch that I have now purchased twice. I bought my first one back in 2011 before joining the military. That watch lasted me through bootcamp, initial training, and a full deployment. It probably would have lasted me through the rest of this one, had I not misplaced it after a night of drunken fun.
When I realized I'd lost it, I went back through my order history and bought another.

A few things it's survived:
Daily wear
Swimming
Running through dirt and mud
Repeated pounding on metal and stone
Drops from high heights (15 feet or so)

It has a backlight that was very helpful, a programmable alarm, a timer, can be switched between the 12 and 24 hour readouts, and is just super tough. I really don't think you can beat this watch for this price.
22 people found this helpful
on December 3, 2015
This is the watch. If you have been obsessively looking at rugged digital watches, and are cheap, like me, this is it. This is a mans watch. If you look like this guy in the pic, or have more than one friend who does, DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH. This is a watch for guys who do things. If you are a lover AND a fighter, this watch is for you. If you ever thought about being a cop or a fireman, this watch is for you. If you ever dreamed of going out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, this watch is for you. If your "watch collection" is 3.5 broken watches, this watch is for you. If you are at the point in life where you confidently meet other mens eyes and give the half up nod, this watch is for you.
Great deal on a great watch.
review image
420 people found this helpful
|1010 comments|Report abuse
on December 23, 2016
This watch just seems like it is going to last a long time. I really like the mineral crystal, because it is so much stronger than the acrylic and it just looks better, especially considering it doesn't scratch as easily. My last watch (Timex Ironman Triathlon) had an acrylic crystal and had all sorts of scratches, after just two months. Working in a warehouse, I need something that will stand up to daily abuse; I think this is the one.

Update 2 1/2 months: not a single scratch on the crystal.

5 months: Still not a scratch and other than some scuffs on the band, it still looks like new. My hands don't even look that good.

1 year: This is impressive! I have yet to see a single scratch on the crystal, and the band is still in great condition. A lot more than I can say for my Ironman Triathlon watch.

Shortly after my 1 year update, this watch reset itself. It has done this 3 times; twice in 2 days time. I'm not sure what caused it, but it was a minor annoyance, having to reset the date and time.
5 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse
This is an extremely durable watch at an incredible price! I have had it on non-stop for about 3 years now. I haven't had a single problem with is and have not even had to change the battery yet. It keeps perfect time and is still in sync with my cell phone's time. I have banged it into things many times, I wear it in the shower every day, wear it in salt-water when I surf, and it still looks brand new. It is everything I wanted in a watch and people usually think I paid a ton for it because it is a G-Shock. I usually just take the compliment and don't tell them that it was under $50
9 people found this helpful
on August 15, 2017
This is the second watch of this very model that I own. The plastic casing and band on the first finally dried out and disintegrated after 20 years of daily use/abuse in all kinds of weather and conditions. The "works" on the other hand continued to work in all that time with only a battery replacement about every 5 years. The alarm tone stopped working after 12 years. So, you can see why I wanted another one for my daily watch. I looked at the various styles to see what was new, but kept coming back to the ol' reliable. Hopeful that I'll get another 20 years of use!
6 people found this helpful
on August 9, 2017
I love this watch! I had another best selling Casio watch (Casio Men's Sport Analog Dive Watch) which I wore 24 hours a day for 2 years until the band holder broke off the other day. I'm glad it did because this watch is so much better. I love the digital time and the back light. Comfort-wise I found the analog dive watch to be a little better but I have only been wearing this watch for a few days so I'm sure it needs more time to break in and for my wrist to adapt. I think this is a cool watch, although most people looking for a fashionable watch will probably not agree. I couldn't be happier with the purchase and I look forward to wearing this just as religiously as my last Casio. I just hope the band holder on this one lasts longer than the other one.
3 people found this helpful
on March 28, 2018
Have had several of these in the past. Usually, due to my work with diesel and chemicals, the bands come apart more than anything else.

I have a couple different versions of this watch and they do seem to last ok. For the budget, the only decent 200 meter water resist watch that seems to hold up to windsurfing, diving and general harsh environments.

Hoping that I get a longer life out of this one than others. With that being said, YES, I recommend these.

A warning --- if you are considering a different model, the DW 250 .... DON'T DO IT.... the pins are a significant weak point in the design and I have broken them repeatedly over several months. My time with these GSHOCK watches has been impressive in that they take a beating and life through most of what they are subjected to. Spend a few more $$ if you can and get one of these verses the cheaper model.
2 people found this helpful
on January 30, 2017
I purchased this watch for my son who is reporting for BCT in 10 days.. largely based on the many servicemen's reviews here for durability. While at MEPS 2 officers took notice and showed him their own 9052's and told him, "good choice recruit" or words to that effect. No further endorsement required! We'll see how it survives during his service, but so far, I feel great about the purchase and my son loves the look and how comfortable the watch is. The price is certainly more than reasonable.
5 people found this helpful
on February 3, 2018
The watch is perfect for what it does. It's tough, it has the basic features you would expect it to have, and it is fairly comfortable to wear. I think everyone needs one G-shock in their watch collection. You don't wear it because it is pretty--you wear it because you have work to do that would destroy a lesser watch. The thing is basically indestructible. There are much nicer G-Shocks, but you get less and less additional value for your money as you go up in price through the models.
2 people found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.