Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

G-Shock GW9052-1BCG Men's Black Resin Sport Watch
Color: Matte Black/Black|Change

on September 16, 2015
Overall, this is a very solid time piece. It is very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. The only complaint I had was that the standard band is a bit too short for a larger wrist. To correct this, I removed the band and put my old nylon strap holders in its place from an older G-Shock. They were a perfect fit. So far, so good as I have no other complaints and these watches withstand a lot of punishment from my job. A highly recommended budget G-Shock.
review image
11 comment| 73 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 3, 2015
This is the watch. If you have been obsessively looking at rugged digital watches, and are cheap, like me, this is it. This is a mans watch. If you look like this guy in the pic, or have more than one friend who does, DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH. This is a watch for guys who do things. If you are a lover AND a fighter, this watch is for you. If you ever thought about being a cop or a fireman, this watch is for you. If you ever dreamed of going out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, this watch is for you. If your "watch collection" is 3.5 broken watches, this watch is for you. If you are at the point in life where you confidently meet other mens eyes and give the half up nod, this watch is for you.
Great deal on a great watch.
review image
1010 comments| 396 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 18, 2015
I cannot speak highly enough of this watch.
It is a very comfortable, very durable watch that I have now purchased twice. I bought my first one back in 2011 before joining the military. That watch lasted me through bootcamp, initial training, and a full deployment. It probably would have lasted me through the rest of this one, had I not misplaced it after a night of drunken fun.
When I realized I'd lost it, I went back through my order history and bought another.

A few things it's survived:
Daily wear
Running through dirt and mud
Repeated pounding on metal and stone
Drops from high heights (15 feet or so)

It has a backlight that was very helpful, a programmable alarm, a timer, can be switched between the 12 and 24 hour readouts, and is just super tough. I really don't think you can beat this watch for this price.
This is an extremely durable watch at an incredible price! I have had it on non-stop for about 3 years now. I haven't had a single problem with is and have not even had to change the battery yet. It keeps perfect time and is still in sync with my cell phone's time. I have banged it into things many times, I wear it in the shower every day, wear it in salt-water when I surf, and it still looks brand new. It is everything I wanted in a watch and people usually think I paid a ton for it because it is a G-Shock. I usually just take the compliment and don't tell them that it was under $50
on September 14, 2016
Just all around good watch. Good size, decent fit for larger wrists, great for wet-related work, nice bumper around the crystal to protect from scratching, although the crystal itself is actually very resistant to scratches. I've bumped this watch up against walls and cement and it still looks good. There are some minor scuffs but if anything it adds character to the watch. Most of the scratches and scuffs on the body can be buffed out fairly easily. Would definitely recommend to anyone. Time keeping is also very reliable. I've had it for several months now and it's still kicking and in great shape.

Update 10-5-17: The watch still looks great. The time is still correct and it still serves the function I need it to serve. However I can longer adjust the time or anything on the watch really. Reason why is because the adjust button no longer works. Not sure why, I noticed this a few weeks ago so I decided to write a quick review. It served me well in the past year, I just wish I would still be able to adjust the time.
on February 3, 2018
The watch is perfect for what it does. It's tough, it has the basic features you would expect it to have, and it is fairly comfortable to wear. I think everyone needs one G-shock in their watch collection. You don't wear it because it is pretty--you wear it because you have work to do that would destroy a lesser watch. The thing is basically indestructible. There are much nicer G-Shocks, but you get less and less additional value for your money as you go up in price through the models.
on August 9, 2017
I love this watch! I had another best selling Casio watch (Casio Men's Sport Analog Dive Watch) which I wore 24 hours a day for 2 years until the band holder broke off the other day. I'm glad it did because this watch is so much better. I love the digital time and the back light. Comfort-wise I found the analog dive watch to be a little better but I have only been wearing this watch for a few days so I'm sure it needs more time to break in and for my wrist to adapt. I think this is a cool watch, although most people looking for a fashionable watch will probably not agree. I couldn't be happier with the purchase and I look forward to wearing this just as religiously as my last Casio. I just hope the band holder on this one lasts longer than the other one.
on August 15, 2017
This is the second watch of this very model that I own. The plastic casing and band on the first finally dried out and disintegrated after 20 years of daily use/abuse in all kinds of weather and conditions. The "works" on the other hand continued to work in all that time with only a battery replacement about every 5 years. The alarm tone stopped working after 12 years. So, you can see why I wanted another one for my daily watch. I looked at the various styles to see what was new, but kept coming back to the ol' reliable. Hopeful that I'll get another 20 years of use!
on August 15, 2017
Love the watch and the hard plastic is obivisouly how it can be so rugged, band feels good although for me I'd really appreciate if the band was alittle longer since I'm sitting at the last notch for lose and second to last for a snug fit, or at least offer a slightly larger band in box. Other then that everything works good, looks decent but wish the design was alittle more cooler like the more expensive ones but I get why. Overall 4.5 out of 5
on September 18, 2017
I've owned two Casio G-Shock DW9052 watches - this review is issued having just received the second one. I believe the first one lasted ca. 5 years; its band broke while playing soccer as a goalkeeper (should have taken it off), and while still functioning OK I decided to buy a new one in account of the cost of replacing said part being higher (mind you, I'm from Argentina).

Having explained this, I consider my overall experience with this model to be quite satisfactory, which at this point would be stating the obvious considering I bought it twice.

A medium-size model within the G-Shock brand, comfortable, light, yet adequately sturdy and resistant for urban and sportly use. The four side-buttons as well as the central light button (the one with the big "G" letter inscribed on its surface) are of very good size, easy to locate and press even when not looking at the watch. The afterglow backlight is without a doubt one of its best features, providing superb luminosity and visibilty even when surrounded by pitch-black darkness. Additionally, the onscreen numbers and other information are easily intelligible.

I have worn this watch while swimming both in fresh and saltwater, and also when water-skiing, without observing any malfunction whatsoever. Couldn't test the water resistant feature on a serious depth, so I'm not in a position to comment on said capability.

Consequently, I would say this product offers a great value for money and is perfectly suitable for everyday round-the-clock use including sports and amphibious activities.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.