Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services heera heera avfly_channel_heera  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Now STEM

Color: Matte Black/Black|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,330 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,618 reviews
on September 16, 2015
Overall, this is a very solid time piece. It is very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. The only complaint I had was that the standard band is a bit too short for a larger wrist. To correct this, I removed the band and put my old nylon strap holders in its place from an older G-Shock. They were a perfect fit. So far, so good as I have no other complaints and these watches withstand a lot of punishment from my job. A highly recommended budget G-Shock.
on December 3, 2015
This is the watch. If you have been obsessively looking at rugged digital watches, and are cheap, like me, this is it. This is a mans watch. If you look like this guy in the pic, or have more than one friend who does, DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH. This is a watch for guys who do things. If you are a lover AND a fighter, this watch is for you. If you ever thought about being a cop or a fireman, this watch is for you. If you ever dreamed of going out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, this watch is for you. If your "watch collection" is 3.5 broken watches, this watch is for you. If you are at the point in life where you confidently meet other mens eyes and give the half up nod, this watch is for you.
Great deal on a great watch.
review image
33 comments| 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2015
I dig this watch. I'm a young woman so I thought it was going to be massive, but the face is a nice fit across my wrist. I wear it either on the 3rd or 4th notch. Keeps time so nicely it's almost synced up to my work clock down to about a second. Hah! Its a lovely matte black with grey and dull yellow lettering.
on July 14, 2016
Awesome product. This is my second time buying this watch. I purchased it for my husband 3 years ago for work because he is so dangerous when it comes to jewelry when he's at work. He encounters dust particles, chemicals, bumps his arm on EVERYTHING, like I say he's dangerous. The watch is still in good condition but since he pulls the strap so tight and wears it 24 hrs a day, the strap broke. He showers with it, work and cook. The only time he doesn't wear it is elegant occasions. I would buy this over and over.
on March 15, 2017
Wow what a great watch. It works perfectly! I use it to time my runs! And to wake up in the morning. It's beautiful. I'm so glad I ordered the one with the red accents. Yeah! It's so sexy! I was able to find answers to questions I had online like how to turn the hourly beep off, click botton left to go to alarm, press bottom right to toggle until the bell dissapears, the bar can be toggled on and off for your alarm clock, it's automatically set when you change the alarm clock time.
on March 17, 2017
I wear this watch every day and I can't say that I even realize it sometimes I find myself checking not only the time, but that I remembered to put on my watch that day.

You probably won't get this synced to the exact second considering it is a manual setting, and it can feel kind of clumsy with the buttons not really having a haptic click or anything. I tried a few times and got it very close but exactness is rather challenging.

I appreciate the other features of the watch to some degree with being able to use stop watch, timer, hourly alarms and the backlight button (by the way, it's the "G" button on the face. Didn't realize it was a button at first), however this watch probably won't wake you up if you're a deep sleeper. The beeping doesn't seem to be very loud but if you need to rely on a watch for an alarm nowadays you might have some issues anyways.

Lastly, it is a pretty large watch; built with good quality durable materials, and it has a 'tough' aesthetic. It is definitely for those with large hands/wrists so weight the purchase of this watch accordingly with your physical build. The pricing is fair for what you get. Overall a solid product.
on March 18, 2015
I cannot speak highly enough of this watch.
It is a very comfortable, very durable watch that I have now purchased twice. I bought my first one back in 2011 before joining the military. That watch lasted me through bootcamp, initial training, and a full deployment. It probably would have lasted me through the rest of this one, had I not misplaced it after a night of drunken fun.
When I realized I'd lost it, I went back through my order history and bought another.

A few things it's survived:
Daily wear
Swimming
Running through dirt and mud
Repeated pounding on metal and stone
Drops from high heights (15 feet or so)

It has a backlight that was very helpful, a programmable alarm, a timer, can be switched between the 12 and 24 hour readouts, and is just super tough. I really don't think you can beat this watch for this price.
on February 14, 2016
Very nice model. My previous G-shock was a higher end model, but I lost in while bagging leaves last Fall :-( This one is made to the same high quality standards, but not as easily readable by my old eyes as the larger display my older model had. Still, I love it and rate it 5 stars..

Update 5/10/16: I found my lost watch from last fall in the mud near some flower pots. I rinsed it off, and it still had the right time except for the daylight saving time 1 hour change! A G-2900. The newest one, in this review is still going great too.
on September 5, 2016
So far it works as expected. Only had it about a week. Fits good, lots of band adjustment holes.
on March 8, 2016
Our son bought a G-Shock a few years ago for his father, and because he wore it constantly, never took it off... It broke. This had to be one of the saddest days of his life...no exaggeration. Well needless to say, buying another one was a no brainer I began shopping around and found this one on the amazing AMAZON!!!! My husband would always tell me how wonderful the watch was, it was comfortable, he loved the features, not to mention it was cool, our children's friends would see it and tell him it was what they were wearing these days. So with all that being said, thank you all so much for selling this wonderful product. My husband is back to telling time with his awesome new G-SHOCK, not to mention he the coolest father on the block.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.