Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Casual Friday Style nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only: $44.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon marchmadness marchmadness marchmadness  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment. Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

on April 14, 2011
I LOVE this watch. Now, this is coming from a person who hesitated to pay more than $15 for a watch 2 weeks ago. The beautiful blue color definitely makes this watch stand out. It turns many heads and many people ask about it.
1. Beautiful Color
2. Beautiful Design
3. Contrary to what others say, the band seems like it is very high quality. I guess only time will tell if it is.
4.Very Comfortable:I barely realize i am wearing this watch until i look at it.
5.VERY VERY VERY TOUGH: This thing has been through the 10 degree weather of Yosemite and still looks and works like new. I also froze this watch to see if it would still work, and needless to say, it did. That's funny because on YouTube, i saw someone that froze their Mudman and it didn't work anymore.

Now for the worst part of the review.
1.The watch looks a little weird with the 4 black and silver pins; but that is personal preference.
2. This does not have many features. (hence the price)

Now, i know that there a few cons, but they don't really make a difference.
The only difference i see now is that i bought this watch for $45 but is NOW listed for $64.99. That's pretty interesting.
This is my first G-SHOCK, but i look forward to collecting many more.

OVERVIEW: This is an amazing watch that is very attractive, practical and COOL. I understand that a $15 watch has the same features as this, but can it go 200M (~700 ft) in water? That's what i thought. This will turn heads where ever you go, which should be everywhere. The stock photo on Amazon is CRAP, so i will upload some of my own. If you don't wish to put out this much money on a watch, i strongly recommend this one.
I strongly look forward to wearing this watch throughout my entire life, but i probably will get a new G-SHOCK to replace this. Oh well, the kids can have it then :)
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
11 comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 11, 2017
I bought this about 5 years ago and it's still going strong. I wear it every day for about 15 hours teaching, coaching, doing construction and landscaping projects, and etc. I'm a bigger guy and I'm rough on stuff as well. But, it's by FAR the best sport style watch I've ever owned and my first (but not my last) G Shock. Like I mentioned already, this works great and I wear it every day. It can be dressed up and worn business casual or be worn completely casual. It's still on the original band and battery and shows no signs of needing replacement; it's been a zero maintenance watch.

I felt the need to review this watch because I came across the same watch on Amazon just now as I was shopping new ones. To be clear, I don't need a new one. I just thought that it'd be fun to get a new one in a different color. This gets my full endorsement- they are built to last and that isn't the case with most things these days.
on April 23, 2016
This is my second blue rubber G-shock. This is an "old school" G-shock and not the clumsy giant ones that have become collectables in recent years. I bought my first blue one in 2003 or so and it worked great until I lost it in 2010. So I bought it here in 2012 and its still running strong. All the basic features of a G-shock but the most important to me is the water resistance. Casio does a great job.

I love the "nautical" theme of the blue and yellow. Beats the basic black and yet is understated. I love it. The G tends to wear the yellow out but I'm hard on the watch and it takes years.
on October 7, 2016
Purchased it as a gift for my son and he loves it. Every since Casio started their G-Shock line, I have been a fan. And I continue to wear the G-shocks exclusively. Excellent watch!
on February 9, 2018
One of the best watches I've owned ... Fits great and not to big .... Made to last ... I have this watch in a few different colors and will keep adding to my collection ... G-shock is where it's at ...
review image
on September 12, 2016
My only complaint is that the numbers are a tad small. But it is a very easy watch to figure out. (Replaced a 10 year old Timex Ironman) It doesn't seem any smaller than the standard G-Shock I tried on. If it is any smaller, it's a tiny difference. It's more of a blue mat finish - not shiny at all and the face is silver, not gold as depicted in these photos.
on February 20, 2017
The blue color really appealed to me. I also like the upscale G-Shock brand and this watch is cheaper than most. This is a fashionable watch but it is low on functions. It does have the light function which comes in handy, and I suppose it is durable, but it doesn't have as many functions as the other cheaper Casio watches. For a comparable watch with a lot of functions I recommend: Casio Men's WS210H-1AVCF Sport Watch with Black Resin Band.
on November 21, 2017
This watch holds up to the abuse my special needs teen puts it through! Only thing I dislike is its size. It is big!
on March 11, 2017
I bought this for a present for my 10 year old son after reading reviews that this G-Shock watch was a little smaller than some of the other ones, and he absolutely loves it! He's as rough & tough as a boy can be and wears this watch day & night, & it still looks brand new! Great product :)
on December 4, 2017
Perfect size for my teen son. Great for kids who are hard on things or play sports.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.