Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 420 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 446 reviews
on February 12, 2017
Pro:
- cheap. I tend to lose watches on my holidays. For this money, I am not worried.
- 10 year battery (not paying for new battery anytime soon. It's also more costly to make it water resistant again after changing the battery)
- Casio quality; meaning accurate and reliable
- looks good wearing it with jeans or under a suit. Ideal if you are on a business trip and want to visit the market, go swimming or attend evening dinner.
- Bonus: two-tone, so it matches gold or silver/metal accessories

Con:
- Pulls hair. The more lose the band is, the more it pulls. Not a major issue, though.
- being metal you can't wear it in the sauna.
- it does not ship with the plastic see through case (see picture). Might be an issue if you decide it's a gift.

Update: Own it for more than a month. Used some vaseline on the inside of the band at first, but now after one month it hardly pulls my hairs.
review image
on March 25, 2017
I am a Casio and Citizens watch buff. This was a little smaller than I expected and the date can be a little hard to read and it has no gizmo value whatsoever. But for $35 who am I kidding--it looks like a piece of jewelry, I love the two-tone band with blue face look, the crystal is of a type that is very hard to scratch or damage, the battery will last 10 years, it is waterproof unless you do something really odd with it, and it keeps great time, and it is extremely easy to set. Five stars plus. I should add that I understand the people who are frustrated in adjusting the band. I have adjusted several types of bands so it was just an interesting puzzle to me. What makes this one very unique is that it has the key-style instead of pin-style mechanisms to hold the links together, AND horizontal bars around which the ends of the links are secured. The band should be really really hard to break once you adjust it (or get it adjusted) anyway.
on February 4, 2014
A little history. For the last 30 years or so, I have bought Seiko Sports series watches. They were the best , most affordable Rolex look alike.[IMO] I now have 5 of them in my drawer. All no longer working, still attractive, but not worth repairing. My experience has been as soon as you replace the battery, failure is just around the corner. My last one was Kenetic, so as to solve the batt problem. It just broke, after about 5 years. Not really complaining, as I feel I got a reasonable amount of service out of it, but ready to go in a different direction. This Casio has the look, 10 year batt, and no backlighting to eat up the batt.It's substantial enough feeling, without feeling too heavy. The clasp has a lock which would be difficult to pop open accidently. It has all the features I need, time and date. A tip on shorting the band, an ice pick was the best tool I found to slide out the locking pin.
on September 5, 2014
I've always thought two-tone watches looked rather nice, and admittedly I mostly bought this watch for the style. On that front, it delivers well. I often get compliments on it, and it's really easy to quickly see the time. In fact, the reason I bought it a second time had everything to do with how good it looks--my father really liked it as well, so I gave it to him when I accidentally left it behind at his house and bought another.

However, the style aside, this thing keeps remarkably good time. I'm the kind of person who is more than a little bit obsessed with knowing exactly what time it is. I've been synchronizing my timepieces with government timeservers for a good fifteen years now, because being more than about twenty seconds off drives me insane. I tend to lose watches, so, I've always bought watches that were sub 50 dollars, and I got used to resetting the time at least once a week or so. However, with this watch? I only need to mess with it about once a month--it keeps time that well.

I've got relatively large hands/wrists, and the watch fits me pretty much exactly how I'd want it to. This seems lucky, since the watch band doesn't seem to be self-adjustable. Watch out if you've got smaller wrists.

Whenever I inevitably leave it behind somewhere again, I'll buy one a third time.
on December 4, 2009
Outstanding build quality and beauty. Looks more expensive than the price that was paid. A very good alternative to those folks who cannot afford or let alone wear larger watches like Invicta etc. although I do have a few of my own and really like them also. Most difficult part was adjusting and resizing the watch band. Casio build quality is so precise that it takes a lot of skill to remove the metal pins and remove 4 links. Otherwise, took me 1/2 hour to resize the band since I have my own watchmaking tools I also purchased from Amazon. Back case cover is a screw on type which is preferable since it really keeps out moisture and is much easier to remove when replacing batteries although I think it will be about ten years before I would even consider doing so. My last Casio Edifice purchased in Las Vegas was purchased when my son was five years old. He just made 15 when the battery finally died and had to be replaced. It just doesn't get any better. Buy it. You won't regret this purchase since it is so elegantly styled and built like a tank. Highly recommended.
on June 26, 2015
I bought this so that I would have something that was somewhat dressy to wear with my nicer clothes, and this fits the bill perfectly.

PRO TIP: If you are going to take links out of the watch band I would recommend that you get two blocks (wood, books, legos, just something sturdy and square) that you can brace the band against (instead of using your thumbs). Then have one person hold the watch against the blocks and the other push against the pin with a finishing nail locked into some locking pliers. Using this method taking out the pins is relatively easy (it still takes a pretty hefty amount of effort though).

One other thing that I really love about this watch. The luminescent dials will stay lit all through the night... dimly, but you can still make them out pretty easily. I've never had to get another light source to read the face when I was in a dark room.
on February 4, 2014
I have worn Casio watches (Data Banks) for many, many years, and without doubt they make a fine product. That said, I've often wondered why one company can not seem to put together ALL of the features that would make the "perfect watch." First, I much prefer an expansion band over a "bracelet:...far more comfortable and never opens accidentally. Secondly, every watch should have illumination--- if they can add it to other (even cheaper models) why doesn't this have a light? That's an invaluable feature! Thirdly, this gives the date (but not the day), but unfortunately in about 2 pt. type. Not everyone has perfect vision...or anything close...and as the population ages, so does the percentage of people who need ;larger type. If this watch had all of the above mentioned "wants"...I'd give it 10 stars, but I put down 4 because of the look, the fit and finish, and the quality. If you don't need the light or the day of the week, it's a fine choice.
on November 3, 2015
The Blue Edifice timepiece lends a luxurious edge to the traditionally sporty Casio line. Protected by a mineral crystal window, this men's watch features a round navy blue dial with gold-toned Arabic-numeral hour markers and hand indicators, and a date calendar between four and five o'clock. Made with a gold-plated stainless steel case, band, and bezel, the Blue Edifice is water resistant to 330 feet. Powered by quartz movement, it also comes equipped with a 10-year battery.

First let me start off saying, if you had any doubts about buying this watch, don't, just buy it. It's a great watch, excellently weighted, and well built. It is built in Japan and cased (put together) in China, so think of that what you will. I uploaded several pictures in just about every angle so you can see just about everything that this watch has to offer. The one con about this watch, that everyone is so quick to point out is the band. The band itself is a pain to re size, I couldn't even find any information on how to do it, so what I did was called Casio (waited, got transferred, and talked about 1h 45m) and got their friendly, but slow customer support to email me a PDF guide, which they created, on how to re size your watch band. They had me sign a form before that reaffirming that this does void your warranty (unless done by a professional) so just putting that out there.

To find my manual, go onto 4Shared and enter in "Casio Watch"

Wish you best of luck in your watchband re sizing efforts!
on April 30, 2014
I agree with most of the other reviewers, this is a great looking watch and at a great price. Only had it about 10 days so pretty early to be talking about quality. Not sure whether I think battery is capable of 10 year life. Watch band is really large and I had to have 4 links taken out. My advice is to take it to a jeweler and let him do it. Unless you have the right tools the links are almost impossible to remove. Gold trim is very nice on bezel and band. Day opening is awfully small but in good light is readable, not so readable in dim light. But hey, for the price it is one great looking watch. I have other more expensive watches that don't look as nice.
I will try to revise this review in about a year after I see how it holds up to normal wear and tear. Checked the time keeping against atomic clock and in 10 days it hasn't lost a second. And that's pretty good. I wonder about 100 meter water resistance since winding stem does not screw back in. Most divers watches for that depth the stem does screw in tight... I wont be testing this out underwater.
on March 23, 2017
Item looks great and was easy to set. The hardest thing is taking links out of the band if needed. I had to remove a link and thank God I have some very small tools and was able to do it. I used a very small screwdriver that I use for glasses. Other than that it looks and feels great.

DonCasio Men's EF106SG-2AV Edifice Two-Tone Stainless Steel Watch