Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 361 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 408 reviews
on February 18, 2016
This is a great watch for the price. At $28, it is better looking and higher quality construction than most others in the price range or even in a much higher price range. I originally purchased it at Walmart about 18 month ago and like many of the reviewers have said, the band started cracking this week. A replacement band is $22 and since I have managed to scratch the face of the watch, for $6 more I just ordered a whole new watch. Kind of a shame, but the economics its work out that way. If I had paid the list price of $50+ for it originally, I still think it would be worth replacing the band and keeping it. I also want to point out that I typically replace a watch band at least once a year, so compared to other more expensive watches I have owned, the band that everyone is so critical of actually performed better than I normally see. I think the main gripe is really that you can't but a $8 generic replacement band for it and have to get the one specifically made for it. I personally have no complaints about the watch or the band, but if you plan to replace the band on this watch, just expect to pay a little more.

About the watch itself: this is a great looking, extremely solid watch. I am very hard on watches and this one has stood up to a lot of abuse with a surprisingly low number of scratches to the face (see picture).

I have to admit that the appearance was a big part of why I decided to get this watch. The band that everyone seems to hate is unique because it integrates with the rounded bezel for a very smooth, sleek look.

If I completely honest, I have to admit that the smaller dials are too small to be real useful, especially if your vision is not great, but I like the appearance more than I care about the small dial functions.

This watch had never given me any trouble. The battery is still going strong after a year and a half, and I have worn it in the shower and swimming without any moisture problems. This is hands-down the best watch I have ever owned I'm this price range, and even for several times the price of this one. You won't be disappointed with it.
review image
on March 5, 2016
I have been wearing this for a while and since then I have worked on my car, under the hood, a few times, with the watch on, and it hasn't gotten any scratches. I am not sure what it is made of but the glass part of the watch is certainly very tough. It is relatively smaller than other watches and the date is hard to read. But if you want something sturdy and long lasting this is the watch to buy. Thanks!
on March 26, 2017
The appearance is very similar to the Casio OC-500 Oceanus, a discontinued watch (why?). Seems as well made but doesn't have all the functions of the OC-500 (and less expensive)
on April 19, 2017
Honestly looks better in person than any of these pictures, everything works great and I'm astonished at how sleek and well balanced everything is. The weight makes it feel like it's worth more than you even pay for and the attention to detail is phenomenal. Great watch and look to buying more from Casio!!
review image
on September 19, 2013
This Casio is a nice looking watch. It's comfortable, not too big or too small, and easy enough to read. It was nice while it lasted. Thankfully the watch was not very expensive.

When the watch band breaks (and it Will Break) just throw it away, because you are not going to find another one to fit it (unless you buy it directly from Casio, and that will probably cost you nearly as much as the watch).

If all you want is a nice, fairly cheap, clean looking watch that will last you for about a year - buy it. If you want something that is going to last longer - look elsewhere.
on July 17, 2014
I love this watch! I work as a Paramedic and need to have a watch that I can use to test for pulse rates and the like. This watch is easy to read, and easy to disinfect. The band is large enough for my bear claws. I've only had a couple of issues: The hands are glow-in-the-dark, but they are "powered" by sunlight and lose their charge very quickly, making it difficult to see at night or in low light. The glass face has become scratched over time, but I have a rough and tumble career, so this could just be me. The time, date, day functions are easy to read and interpret, and are pretty simple to set, although it may take some time to get the day to change at midnight and not at noon, as it takes a light hand to find the sweet spot. If I had to buy another watch in the future, I would seek out the Casio family again, if not this watch.
on January 20, 2015
This is my third EF305. I had my first back in college, the second was when I started to work and now years later, I have finally bought another one.
It brings nice memories and it is a great machine, the only problem is the band. It breaks easily after a short while and the replacement costs as much as a new watch ($23 vs. $28). It is a little smaller but it really looks more expensive.

I'm sure this one will last longer since I have other watches now, but I can always wear it for the nostalgia specially when it accompanied me for a good part of my college years.
on April 7, 2014
I love the look of the watch. "Exactly" what I was wanting: an inexpensive watch with some flair. Granted the 24-hour dial is fairly useless and the day and date dials are small and hard to read.

Color me stupid but I had trouble setting the dials. You pull the stem out one stop and twist backwards (the part it took me a while to get) to set the date. Pull the stem out two stops and set the time and then keep spinning forward and forward and forward until you get the day right on that dial. I thought you could change the day independent of the time but you cannot.

I went to a movie yesterday and found the glowing dials died very quickly. I couldn't read the watch 30 minutes into the showing. That's a pretty big disappointment.

Nonetheless, it looks sharp and do like it very much for the price.
on March 17, 2017
A little hard to read the hands in a certain light, good design overall, a fair price.
on September 16, 2013
I spent so long looking for a watch and I loved everything about this one... until a month later when it started losing 15 minutes at a time. The second hand takes a break for a little bit and it loses time. It made me late when I thought I was extra early. I thought I was getting a great watch for cheap. I loved the watch so much that I considered exchanging it but I can't tolerate a product that doesn't even last a month so I'm getting a refund and I'll continue my search for a decent watch.