Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now HTL17_gno

Enthusiast: Star Warson November 12, 2011
I hate replacing batteries in watches. It's not so much the actual replacing of the battery, but that the watch always seems to die at the most inopportune time (pardon the pun). However, with the last watch that I purchased this past spring, it died after 6 1/2 months. And try as I might, I couldn't get the back off to switch-out the battery. I even took it to a watch shop and they had just as much luck as I. So I decided that enough was enough. Either find an old wind-up watch with springs, and coils and gears or something "hi-tech".

Then lo and behold a Costco flyer came in the mail and I saw advertsied two Casio watches - both solar powered. Neat! I then checked on eBay, finally Amazon for pricing and of course finding the best price here on Amazon.

The Casio watch is really great. Exposure to light charges an internal battery. A full day of charging via direct sunlight will give you 3 months of battery life if the watch is not exposed to light again in that time. This works for me. I don't live in the Arctic Circle where it can remain dark for months and months so this watch is perfect. Every time I wear it, it's charging. I haven't tested the darn thing to see if the manufacturer's claims are accurate. I didn't buy the watch to play with it. I just want something that I can wear and forget.

The watch face is a decent size. There are no numerals on the clock face. The three smaller dials for the date, month and a 24 hour clock which are smaller and difficult to read. I don't know why Casio included a 24-hour dial. Unless you're calling the time of death for a hospital patient - who would really use a watch feature that had a 24-hour dial? "Hey sweetie! What time is supper?" "1715 hrs. So you better get off the couch and wash up!"

I shortened the metal watch band myself. Be forwarned, the pins are really in there. They won't just push out. I used a tiny nail with a light tap of a small hammer to push the pins out.

Other than that, it's a cool looking watch. It can pass as an everyday casual watch, or even as something a little dressy. I like it.
on December 26, 2012
The thing that made me buy this watch was the fact that it was solar powered. I've had two other Solar powered Casio's Watches and the oldest one is probably 12 y/o and is still working.
This is a good looking watch that would last you a long time.
on March 23, 2014
for the price, this is a good watch. my only complaint is that the dates of the month always go to 31, so if the month has less than 31 days you have to fix the date
on August 28, 2012
the function of this watch is really strong, especially the solar-power and 100m water proof. good for outdoor also for work. It is a gift for my husband and he likes it so much.
on October 2, 2013
This watch is amazing.. totally recommended !!! It feels very durable, it has a very sporty/casual/classy look, definitely Edifice watches worth buying
on January 3, 2013
I bought the Casio Men's EF340SB-1A1 Edifice Stainless Steel Solar Power because i know that Casio it's a good brand, and i was right.
on November 10, 2013
Nice size, weight, and stile of the watch. Probably the best of 3 Casio watches I have. Never looked at small dials.
on July 27, 2012
I bought this watch as a replacement for frustration of always replacing batteries in my other watches. The first thing you notice is the nice weight and feel of this piece. Beautifully designed, this watch has a very high end look and appeal. Knowing that it is solar powered, I leave it out on my nightstand to keep it charged fully, yet it doesn't need that much constant light to stay charged.

Setting the time and date to a little getting used to and could be improved slightly, but overall not an issue.

I would recommend this watch to anyone looking for a nice everyday watch with solid construction, sleek styling and peace of mind that you will never buy a battery again!
on January 19, 2013
very nice and good quantity watch. deliver on time and service is very good . will recommend it to my friends
on November 27, 2012
Very nice ! ! ! I like it very much , also very fashionable .Cheap and fine.I really need it.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question