Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's EF527D-1AV Edifice Stainless Steel Multi-Function Watch
Amazon Vehicles GoldBox Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM

on October 4, 2011
I purcahsed this watch after seeing one in person on a friend. Its a beautiful watch, at a very reasonable price. The style is perfect: it can be worn with a suit, as well as worn dressed down on a more casual day. Best of all, it is made by Casio, who has a long history of watchmaking, and who stands behind the quality of their watches.

Pros:
-Great Style
-Larger Face (could be a pro or a con)
-Great price (Amazon is much less than MSRP here)

Cons:
-If trying to use this as an actual pilot's watch, it may be difficult to perform calculations on based on the size of some of the numbering (not a problem if you sit at a desk all day and just wear it because it looks great)
on February 2, 2013
I love this watch. It's large at around 45mm, but not crazy like some watches these days.

Notes:

- The Chronograph feature is excellent, with the big second hand stationary until you use the stopwatch/chrono feature. It does a full sweep back clockwise to reset to zero.

- The bottom (at 6 o'clock) dial is used as the constant second hand. However, pressing the B-Button (located lower right) will turn off the seconds feature, it will go stationary at zero. Press the b button again to reactivate the second hand feature. It will go back to the correct second as if it never stopped, great feature. Also note that this hand runs for the first 30 seconds when using the stopwatch feature, then zeros.

- The big second hand and lower second hand can be realigned (is they lose their calibration) by pulling out the crown all the way out (position 2), and pressing either the A-button (top right button) for the big second hand and the B-Button (lower right button) for the small second hand. When delivered, my small second hand was off by one second in alignment, was very easy to calibrate back to zero.

- Comes with a screw-down crown, which I love.

- Accuracy is outstanding, as are most Quartz. It loses about 1 second per 7 days, which is excellent, and matches my Swiss Quartz.

Negatives?

- It's a bit busy, I would consider changing the bracelet for a different type of band, like say a black leather or strap.

Note: These watch is sold by several sellers on Amazon, some only have a few review, make sure to search "EF-527D-1AVDF" from the site to pull up all those sellers, and you can see all the reviews. Almost all are positive!
review image review image review image review image
55 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 22, 2013
this is a great watch and fully functional as an aviator watch, numbers of the rotating bezel are a bit small, but they are readable to people with normal sight. it has stop watch function and it looks, feels, and works great.
I noticed some of the other reviews commented on the crown either breaking or being loose, well ... this is normal, its not broken and its normal to stay loose until you screw it on (the original status of the crown is screwed into its place in a way that you can't snap it out, you have to unscrew it first then snap it out one click to set up the date or two clicks to set up the time, then after you finish you have to snap it back in then screw it clockwise as far as it can go, the manual say that the watch is not water resistant if its not screwed on tightly). that explains most of the complaints in the other reviews, obviously the other users just didn't know that so they either broke the crown or left it loose.
the manual is very short and doesn't explain any of the uses of the rotating bezel, but you can easily find them online.
the case in which the watch came in is very cheap and looks like crap.
be ready to remove one or two links from the bracelet unless your wrist in huge.
the price is great for the function.
also it came already set up to the correct time and date.
on June 15, 2011
The watch has an over-all appealing look... However, if you're an aviator and you're buying this watch for the bezel flight calculator - keep looking. The numbers are so small around the bezel you need a magnifying glass to see them. The watch movement itself seems to keep good time but the hands and hour indicators cannot be seen in the dark unless you put your flashlight on them for ten seconds but then why bother with glowing indicators? If you just want the looks of a flight watch with slide rule you'll probably be happy with this watch. Your getting a good stainless steel watch for the money but the probability of using it as a flight calculator are pretty slim.
99 comments| 64 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 22, 2014
I was looking for a watch exactly this type... It's not too expensive on Amazon, it's very shiny, it's water resistant up to 100 ft, it's got so many things going on you want to look at everything, and it's not too heavy for a stainless steel watch! I love this watch and bought it for my boss as a thank you present for doing so much for me. You should have seen his face when he opened it, he was so shocked. I would recommend this to anyone with a budget that wants to leave an impact on someone.
on March 16, 2015
Bought this for everyday use. works well and tough have been using this for months now and hold up well against scratches. I have also attached a user pic so you can check it out. All dials are fully functional. I use the stopwatch to time my RC racing times. Also this looks very classy and I actually use my watch (not my phone, LOL) to tell time. My second Edifice and would be buying more in the future.

Love them.
review image
on April 27, 2011
Bit big watch though, yet the look is great. The instruction manual could have been more elaborate / detailed - it took me a while to figure out that i have unscrew and pull to set the time.
on February 10, 2016
Casio must be losing money selling this watch for only $100. It's sturdy, well made, functional and looks good. I researched it down to this and a Seiko. The Seiko looked better and had more features but it was bulky. This watch is plainer with fewer features but it's not too big and it has everything you need. Also, I had a Seiko several years ago that wouldn't keep time and I'm already a HUGE Gshock fan so I picked this one and I'm not disappointed.
on February 28, 2016
I've worn this watch pretty much everywhere except to work in production environments for over four years. It is still pretty much as good as new. I've managed to put a couple of very minor scratches on the crystal, but you must look really closely to find them. I don't think I've ever had a watch with a harder crystal that could have done any better.

I think I've had to replace the battery twice in that time period. It keeps time as accurately as any other quartz movement I've owned. It does need to be adjusted a few seconds every couple of months or so if you are obsessed with having your second hand synchronized with an atomic clock such as the Naval Observatory's. I usually do this each time I advance the date at the end of months with less than thirty-one days.

My only gripe is that the indexing on the rotating bezel isn't accurate enough to use it as a circular slide rule past one significant figure. You can do rough estimates, but the outer scale that rotates and the inner scale that remains stationary don't even match each other when one attempts to line up the common points of the two scales. If the two scales are lined up at 60, on the opposite sides of the dials they are off by as much as one unit. For instance 20 on the outer dial is lined up with 19 on the inner dial. As I age and my eyes' ability to see such fine detail diminishes I guess this has become less of an issue.
on November 10, 2015
This watch is beautiful and looks much better in person than in any pics. the price is excellent for the quality of piece you get. I've only had it a week or so, after a while the review can be revised but I don't foresee any issues with this watch.
The bracelet links are solid stainless pieces, a good solid feel to that, and the clasp is a good quality one. you get plenty of links too, I had to remove 3, my wrist measures just over 7" around, so it should work for almost anyone I think. and being stainless it won't turn any colors or get all nasty. it will clean up easily.
The bezel is notched but does not turn, instead you rotate the dial by turning the knob on the left, which i like because it adds a little more complexity to the mechanical design. the stop watch function works well too. but overall it's a very tasteful looking watch and makes a nice piece to wear out or add to a collection. an easy way to reward yourself a little without paying hundreds more. if you like the way it looks here, you will be really glad when you get it delivered. it's very nice looking. let's see how long it works for. The Casios run good and the Japanese movement is nice. it should outlive me & most people I know, especially since I'll only wear it out occasionally and never at work.