Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 229 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 255 reviews
on June 13, 2017
Nice looking time piece. I know, I can get the time from just about everything these days, but I miss wearing a watch, so the searching began. I wanted a larger diameter watch, so that was the first criteria. I have had Casio watches in the past and was always impressed with them so when I saw this one I read the reviews. I don't make decisions quickly and so it was with this watch. But I also did some window shopping around town and had a better feel for what I might be getting. So I ordered the watch and so far, couldn't be more pleased. It is a weighty thing and my wrist is not used to having any weight there, but that won't last long. I am really impressed with the look of this watch and believe I chose wisely.
However, one caveat to other prospective buyers, download the pdf with instructions as this is a bugger to get set up. This isn't simply a watch where you pull out the pin and turn the knob to set the day and/or time. This takes some time to figure out, but once you get it the flashing 12:00 goes away, an old VCR reference, sorry. Hence, only 4 stars and not 5 stars.
I'm happy with my purchase and recommend this watch to others.
on August 19, 2013
I bought this Casio Edifice watch as a replacement for a Seiko I had that died after about 2 years (took to watch repair; their estimate was $228 to repair). My process was as follows:

1. Select watches on Amazon.com and add to wish list.
2. Show wish list to wife.
3. Wife selected 3 or 4 that she liked.
4. I picked one of those.

The watch I settled on was the Casio Edifice EQS500DB-1A1. It is a stainless steel watch with black face, and it has three smaller dials on its face. It also displays day/date, has a stopwatch feature, and an alarm.

When the watch arrived, my wife saw it and said only one thing: "Sexy!" That's right, folks, this watch IS sexy. It feels good on the wrist, the band is easy to adjust (if you've done anything mechanical before like, say, screw in a light bulb or change a tire) and learning how to use the watch is about as easy as learning to use Windows 8. Once you learn, it seems to make a sort of sense that, while not intuitive, grows on you and eventually, you find it just works.

The basics: Does it hold time? Yes. Is it easy to read? Yes. Is the lume bright? It's good. What is the crystal made of? Mineral, not sapphire.

The awesomeness: After getting this watch, I was surprised at how many people noticed it and would ask me questions about it. Standing in the elevator at work, people comment, "Nice watch." In the break room: "Nice watch." Even in the men's restroom, where silence is the rule, I heard from a man next to me, "Nice watch." Guess what; if men in a restroom comment on your watch, it's pretty darned manly.

With that said, if you have a small wrist, then this watch may look funny on you. If your hands have seen the handle of an axe, an oar, or perhaps a hammer, then this watch will look great on you. It's also solar-recharged, which is super-sweet.

It's rated to 10 atmospheres, which is about 100 meters, or 330 feet for us Americans which means you can swim in the pool with it and even shower with it, but you probably shouldn't go diving with this watch (unless you're just snorkeling, in which case you're fine).

One last thing: this watch is like Axe body spray for grown men. Seriously. Women will be "All upons" when they see this thing. I don't understand the powers of the watch, but the powers are strong, and should be used for good or for awesome only.
on July 18, 2017
Outstanding, classy, and frankly beautiful looking watch. My seven year old Casio Oceanus watch, (Atomic timekeeping, solar powered, etc..) while still functioning great, is starting to look a l bit warn around the edges, and I was looking for something to replace it, and in hopes I didn't have to spend the $700+ to replace it. This Edifice doesn't synchronize with broadcast time signals, but it is solar powered, can easily switch between other time zones, and actually has great sweep second hand; overall, I am thrilled with the watch. The provided instructions couldn't possibly be smaller and harder to read if they tried, but a quick Google search revealed a nice sized PDF of the same instructions that is very easy to read and understand. I'm very happy with this watch.
on July 28, 2015
I received my watch today and was very satisfied with my purchase. While I was considering between this watch and two other
watches (one by Seiko and other by Citizen), I decided to give this one a try because of the features, style, and price. I was hesitant
at first in my purchase because I know Seiko and Citizen are known as being one of the better quality watch brands on the market. Also, there were many reviews that indicated the complexity of adjusting time and settings on this watch.

When I received my watch today, my first impression was that it looked very sleek, professional, yet unique with a touch of
sportiness and complexity. Adjusting the settings and time was overwhelming at first due to the long instruction manual and my awareness of the advice given by other reviewers on its difficult adjustment. However, after reading all the instructions, I was able to get
all the settings and time adjustment down. What seemed like a complex procedure is actually a very simple one. All you need to
do is read the manual, then go step by step through the instructions in adjusting local time to world time. The time zone function
is useful for those that travel frequently. Overall I would recommend this watch to anyone thinking of getting a watch that can be worn on a daily basis..
on March 8, 2017
Excellent product. Great value for money as well. THere's an initial learning curve in operating the watch. But once you learn and setup, its a breeze. It's really a great asset for those who frequently fly between different time zones. With a single press, you can change your primary time to the desired timezone (from the list that's there on the dial), very handy. You can also quickly setup the DST for both local time and the world time. It looks great too! I have received many compliments on it. Someone, jokingly, said it looked like a Breitling (he's kidding of course).
on December 29, 2014
I like the watch, the solar features also works great, some time I keep my watch in the cabinet with no light at all for 1 months or more and still it automatically adjusts to the current time once I get it out and it has some light.
I like water resistance, I don't usually take off the watch at all so I prefer a water resistant watch.
Many features like stop watch and different countries time, some times it's a bit complicated to use the features so I need to go back to the manual.
on March 28, 2017
I did like this watch, but I had to return it because I had major problems with pusher buttons, instead of making the adjustments with a pullout crown. I am older and just could not get the hang of setting the hands with buttons. The watch was very very nice but the problem was me. I am the reason for 4 stars not the watch you might say.
on October 27, 2016
Love the watch, not too big , not too small. A little hard to get the settings correct in true Casio fashon but that's the price you pay for so many functions on a small little watch.
on October 18, 2013
I have one of the Casio Pathfinder watches and I was looking to add another model that looks a little less intense, less massive, and more elegant. I have browsed through a significant variety of brands in various different price ranges and just really wasn't finding exactly what I was looking for.

Then one day, accidentally, I stumbled on this model. Right away, I was really intrigued with the way it looked in the picture and after studying it in greater detail, I decided to give it a try. Now after seeing it up close and using it for several months, I can honestly say, this is one of the best looking watches I have seen, regardless of the price range. It has a great combination of just the right amount of technical features with a blend of conservative and modern looking design features.

In addition to the really good design, I really like the overall solid and durable feel of the watch, the very high water resistance depth, and the solar powered functionality. The world clock and chronograph functions, while a nice bonus, were a bit of an afterthought for me.

I also really like how the watch doesn't have a central dial, but instead two buttons on the side. My problem with central dials is that if they stick out too much, they tend to dig into the skin on my hand, while I am wearing the watch.

Then there is the price. Casio doesn't specialize in very expensive watches and this one falls in line with the pricing of their typical models. Despite this, if one were to look outside Casio and across various brands, and compare build quality, features, and design elements, this watch is a huge bargain for $150.

So if you are looking for an elegant, exceptionally designed, solidly built watch that you can wear in a business as well as a recreational setting, I don't think you can do much better than this model. Of course, if the main purpose of your watch is to signal wealth and status, then by all means look elsewhere.
Casio EQS500DB-1A1 Edifice

What would have made this watch even better would be the inclusion of atomic timekeeping (multiband). Although the "Tough Solar" feature is very nice, given that it is far more effective and convenient than an automatic mechanical watch that requires winding periodically.

There are multiple motors in this Edifice, and they power the individual dials. Everything appears to be electronically controlled. Setting the time forces the second hand to reset to 0 as it awaits your minute setting, which makes it easier to synchronize the watch.

The chronograph is probably the worst design of the watch. When activating the chronograph mode, the lower left dial (which normally displays your world city time) has to reset to 0 before you can start the stopwatch! This can take quite a moment depending on the world time being displayed!

In addition, that lower left dial uses 24 hour tick marks for the inset that tracks world time. At first, I was confused as to why Los Angeles was several hours ahead of New York because of how the watch hands looked in that lower left dial. I then realized it reads off a 24 hour scale.

The instructions are overwhelming at first, but after about an hour of playing with the watch, it was easy to discern the main features. I still need to reference the manual when adjusting the watch because it is quite confusing.

The watch band is thin stainless steel. The latching portion is narrow and feels rather weak. It uses a twin squeeze clasp, sort of like a Fossil clasp but mirrored. It is easy and provides a positive click when engaged.

The links are pushed in/out in 1 direction only. There is a small bushing in each link that easily falls out when adjusting the band, so be careful!

Overall: 4/5 stars. The watch is thin and lightweight compared to a mechanical watch. The lack of atomic time is disappointing, but it at least has solar charging for the battery. It is sophisticated looking, but I still kind of prefer a simpler chronograph watch. This watch has an automatic calendar that is set based on year, month, and date. This is why I feel that the lack of atomic time feels shortsighted.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.