From the Manufacturer
The new Exilim ZOOM EX-Z1000 packs a powerful punch in a sleek, compact package. Small enough to be held in the palm of the hand, its 10.1-megapixel CCD still captures super high-resolution images that reproduce clearly, even in very large sizes--perfect for printing or on-screen viewing of those priceless, once-in-a-lifetime shots. And there's more. This new model is the first in the series to incorporate a large 2.8-inch Wide and Bright LCD display. Casio makes the most of this extra screen space to offer great new functions like simultaneous viewing of a wide angle and a telephoto shot, and a convenient right-side set of icon controls.
High-Resolution 10.1-Megapixel CCD
A large 1/1.8-inch format CCD delivers the EX-Z1000's effective 10.1 million pixels. The large, high-resolution CCD and the Exilim Engine high-performance image processor combine to offer highly expressive images and reproduce a wide tonal range.
Large 2.8-Inch Wide and Bright Display
The EX-Z1000's LCD display is a large, crystal-clear 2.8-inch monitor in an attractive wide format. This high-resolution, 230,400 pixel LCD displays images and data with outstanding clarity and fine detail. With a maximum brightness of 1200cd/m2, the EX-Z1000's Wide and Bright display makes viewing in bright outdoor light easier than ever before.
Since the moment of its debut in 2002, the Exilim series has been transforming the digital camera market. Exilim cameras are slim and stylish, packed with superior functionality, and astonishingly easy to use. Users appreciate Exilim's unique combination of compact size, intuitive controls, large displays, and long battery life. And the series continues to break new ground with the recent introduction of functions like Anti Shake DSP, which reduces blurring due to unsteady hands or moving subjects, and the Super Bright display.
Casio Exilim Zoom EX-Z1000 Main Features
Superior performance, amazing image quality, and functionality for beautiful photographs
- 10.1 million effective pixels.
- A high dynamic range, 1/1.8-inch CCD, which delivers low-noise imaging.
- The ability to zoom between 4.3x and 17.1x with no reduction in image quality.
- BEST SHOT function with high-sensitivity shooting mode, up to a maximum of ISO 3200.
- Anti Shake DSP, which is built into the Exilim Engine image processor, reduces blurring due to unsteady hands or moving subjects.
- Rapid Flash function enables up to three shots per second, enabling high-speed flash photography.
- Fast power-on function, so the first shot can be taken just 1.3 seconds after switching on.
- Release time lag of only approximately 0.002 seconds, allowing the shot to be captured practically instantaneously with the push of the shutter button.
- High-speed picture playback of approximately 0.1 second interval.
- Super Life Battery allows up to 360 shots to be taken, measured by CIPA standards.
- Large 2.8-inch wide-format LCD monitor lets users enjoy high-impact images of their shots.
- High-resolution, 230,400 pixel display presents clear, detailed images and data.
- Wide and Bright display (brightness: 1200cd/m2) makes viewing in bright outdoor light easier than ever before.
- Display button can be used to change display formats with just one touch.
- Display utilizes a vertical stripe pixel array, ensuring that the menus are clear and easy to read.
- Right edge of the display shows operational icons, enabling easy operation and quick review of settings.
- Multi-image function can display 12 images on a single screen.
- The revolutionary Zoom Continuous Shutter mode allows the user to compare a wide angle and a telephoto shot in the same display and to take both shots simultaneously with only one press of the shutter button.
- Revive Shot refreshes the faded colors of old photos, bringing them back to life in digital format.
- Quick Zoom feature enables instant switch to a preset zoom ratio with just one touch of a button.
- 37 different types of BEST SHOT sample images. Users can choose one of these samples to make sure their photos come out just right.
- Movies can be taken in VGA size (640 x 480 pixels) at 25 frames per second (Motion JPEG).
- Quick Shutter function allows for fast focusing, reducing focusing error.
- Auto Macro mode allows for automatic switching between autofocus mode and macro mode.
- 9-Point Multi AF function clearly shows areas of autofocus when photographing subjects with multiple focus points.
- Direct On function allows users to press a single button to quickly start the camera in either shooting or playback mode.
- Multi-function cradle can be used to recharge the battery, connect to a PC to download images, and connect to audiovisual equipment. The cradle also functions as a photo stand, allowing users to view an image slideshow.