Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 603 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 673 reviews
on March 19, 2015
Don't let the price fool you, this is an awesome watch. The face is durable, easy to read, offers only what you need, and lights well. I have worn the watch washing dishes, swimming, etc. with no issues. The band is comfortable and fits a wide range of wrist sizes (my wrist is 5.5").
review image
on September 21, 2015
I've been wearing some variation on this watch for 20+ years; I wore 1 particularly durable specimen for at least 14 years. As most people know, this is a great watch that tells time, lights up, reminds you to pick up your kids, and resists an insane amount of abuse for $0.0001 per day.

Style-wise, this watch has transitioned gracefully from hi-tech to retro-nerd look -- either you like that or you don't. I will point out that it's thin profile keeps it out of the way if you're active.

Having said that, I've bought 2 in the last year, and both have been slightly defective: 1 where the blue light did not illuminate the entire dial, and 1 where the waterproof seal was breached by a dip in the pool, resulting in a permanent condensation problem. (Also, the not-quite-fully-illuminated one fell off during a paddle and was never seen again -- not sure it's a problem with the band or operator error, but never had that happen previously).

I find it hard to believe that Casio could be tinkering with perfection, but I wonder if it's possible that they've lowered the quality and/or materials on these? So here goes -- I'm buying one more, but if it's not bulletproof, I'm coming back to downgrade my review.
on March 30, 2017
What else could you want from a simple digital watch? I was in the market for one and did some research, and honestly didn't know these simple and retro designs still exist. Glad they do. I'm not a runner, not doing an Ironman anytime soon, and don't dive or climb mountains. I just wanted a simple watch that is comfortable and displays the time and doesn't have a lot of features (its the Jitterbug phone for digital watches).

Big upgrade from similar watches I had in the 1980s is the Illuminator feature; works great and is the one modern touch I appreciate. Plus this thing is less than $15. Don't really need anything else.
on June 5, 2016
Casio watches are perhaps the most cost effective timepiece. They are durable, light weight, and functional. The Men's F105W-1A is no different. I brought this watch on a rigorous camping adventure to test is out and also to serve as my way of telling time, here is what I found.

Functionality:
The watch is a Casio, and it performs like one -- Accurate, well designed, and each function is accessible and works well. the buttons are not confusing and the watch is fairly intuitive. An overall great design.

Design:
The watch is made of a lightweight plastic that both feels durable yet you don't notice it on your arm. The screen is raised slightly from the body of the watch which makes it prone to scratches, one of the reasons that it only has four stars. the other reason is that the band is not as durable as a leather or metal strap, it seems as if it could break if mistreated.

Water resistance:
I was able to swim with this on my wrist, definitely a plus.

Overall, this is a very good cheap watch that for the price you cannot ignore.
on September 16, 2015
My wrist is an average sized man's wrist; 8inches measured with a tape measure. I have to wear this watch at the last hole and the fastener keeps slipping off. My hand isnt turning purple but its tight.

Whats the problem, Casio? An extra inch of wrist band material would have added THOUSANDS to the cost of manufacturing? The funniest thing is the FIRST hole would make the band so small.. I could wear it for a ring... Maybe this was designed as a kids watch.

In time Ill probably give this to my 4 year old and go to target or Walmart and TRY ON a watch before I buy it.

PROS: VERY light and thin. Nice blue light

CONS: ridiculously small wrist band .

Looking to buy this watch? Measure your wrist, anything over 7 or 7.5 inches... expect a tight fit
on May 1, 2011
ok. so im 40. just the right age to remember this watch as a teenager. needed a watch for work and wanted something cool. searched around and found this. ok...gotta admit i dig the style. retro as hell, cool, the black/blue is awesome and the light is brilliant. im a total geek and proud of it....no regrets.

lets just talk about the watch. ive had it two weeks now. no problem with showering with it on. none. extremely comfortable on the wrist. the light is awesome and provides plenty of light. can't speak for the longevity but sometimes you just know that something is pretty well made...and i get that feeling. during these two weeks i have put it through it and it has stuck in there. definetly feel the quality is there. the strap, however, does feel cheap....that is a fact. i secretly like that. i mean, its a retro watch...its gonna be cheap and plastic. thats the charm....

overall...i love this watch. cant beat the price. totally buying the basic calculator watch now to round out my nerdo collection.

get this watch. its extremely well made. totally retro. and the quality is there.

and hell, when the band does break in a couple of years....no worries. its a cheap piece of history and i think that rocks.

no regrets..
on December 15, 2016
It is identical to the Casio F91W-1, except for the blue casing, and the electro-luminescent lighting, which is far more superior than the Casio F91W-1 pathetic lighting.

According to my manual, this has water resistance to 50m, the F91W-1 has water resistance to 30m.

The wrist band is extremely comfortable, and I often forget that I'm wearing the watch.

Excellent and reliable product from Casio, and thanks to Casio for still making these retro 80's 90's watches.
on April 26, 2015
Reminded me of old days, a modest watch without all the bells and whistles. Nice quality, the light is illuminator type (Full screen Green) contrary to the other model (yellow side bulb). Got alarm, stop watch and Water Resist although not sure for how many meters. Used it in a 2m pool and okay so far. Ships in Factory box with catalog. I've even bought also the metal strap one for more classic occasions.
on September 16, 2016
Like its variant the F91 W, this Casio F105 W is classic 90's digital watch. Some have complained that the illumination button is on the left side buttons instead of the right, but I'm left handed so it works out fine.

It's an extremely light weight Made in Thailand watch. For less than $14, the value is there. It has all the functions of a basic digital watch: 24 hour mode, day/date, stopwatch, alarm, hourly beeps, Night Illuminator. The Night Illuminator is a spectacular coral color. The only thing missing is a countdown timer. It's not as Feature-rich as many G-Shocks and Tough Solars in Casio's line, but this watch debuted far earlier than those watches, so its understandable. Its a piece of Horology history...that you can own for under $15!

By today's standards, the watch face is a bit small....that's the only drawback.
on January 2, 2017
I bought this watch as a cheap temporary replacement after my somewhat pricey G-shock's band broke (after almost nonstop wear for 3 years!)

I like the Casio look and the simplicity/color of this watch caught my eye. And I couldn't be mad about the price. I am a guy on the thinner side and it looks pretty normal on my wrist, definitely not as big as my G-shock.

Long story short, it's 10 months later and I seldom take the thing off. I've taken it to Paris, Tokyo, work, the gym—I've taken it in showers, in baths, in Japanese spas, swimming pools, and it's doing great. Incredible bargain for such a reliable little watch. I even use the Illuminator function to help me see my surroundings if I wake up at night.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.