Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

on March 19, 2015
Don't let the price fool you, this is an awesome watch. The face is durable, easy to read, offers only what you need, and lights well. I have worn the watch washing dishes, swimming, etc. with no issues. The band is comfortable and fits a wide range of wrist sizes (my wrist is 5.5").
review image
on January 2, 2017
I bought this watch as a cheap temporary replacement after my somewhat pricey G-shock's band broke (after almost nonstop wear for 3 years!)

I like the Casio look and the simplicity/color of this watch caught my eye. And I couldn't be mad about the price. I am a guy on the thinner side and it looks pretty normal on my wrist, definitely not as big as my G-shock.

Long story short, it's 10 months later and I seldom take the thing off. I've taken it to Paris, Tokyo, work, the gym—I've taken it in showers, in baths, in Japanese spas, swimming pools, and it's doing great. Incredible bargain for such a reliable little watch. I even use the Illuminator function to help me see my surroundings if I wake up at night.
on July 27, 2017
I started wearing the grandfather of this same watch some 45 years ago and have never changed. They last me on the average 8 years, some longer, some less. Usually it is the band, not the watch. I believe at present we have the past 3 set as alarm clocks around the house and for trips. I leave my on all the time, even at night when the occasion warrants it. At 78 years I have yet to break a crystal. It will scratch, if one tries really hard. I hope this is not my last one.
on September 6, 2016
Nice, lightweight watch that you hardly notice on your wrist. I have used this model watch for many years beside my bed for the wake up alarm because I don't trust my bedside clock in the case that there is a power loss to throw off my wake up time. I love the fact that it has a button to illuminate the dial in total darkness. I also use the timer function occasionally, and it is good just to glance at it to know the day and date. This is an inexpensive and useful watch which does not look big and bulky on your wrist. I have about 20 watches, but I wear this one 80 % of the time.
on June 5, 2016
Casio watches are perhaps the most cost effective timepiece. They are durable, light weight, and functional. The Men's F105W-1A is no different. I brought this watch on a rigorous camping adventure to test is out and also to serve as my way of telling time, here is what I found.

Functionality:
The watch is a Casio, and it performs like one -- Accurate, well designed, and each function is accessible and works well. the buttons are not confusing and the watch is fairly intuitive. An overall great design.

Design:
The watch is made of a lightweight plastic that both feels durable yet you don't notice it on your arm. The screen is raised slightly from the body of the watch which makes it prone to scratches, one of the reasons that it only has four stars. the other reason is that the band is not as durable as a leather or metal strap, it seems as if it could break if mistreated.

Water resistance:
I was able to swim with this on my wrist, definitely a plus.

Overall, this is a very good cheap watch that for the price you cannot ignore.
on January 19, 2017
Now I'm bumping it up from 3 to 4 stars. This watch is good to wear when doing manual work. It hides close to your skin under a sleeve cuff and doesn't get easily damaged. My other cheap watches stick out and catch on things under these conditions.

I'm downgrading this item to three stars. The face is so small I have to put on reading glasses. Also, the face tends to move away from the normal wrist position that's easy to read. ( My other watch that has a large face doesn't do that). Also, because the watch is so small it disappears under my shirt sleeve. (The big watch won't fit under a buttoned sleeve. So to read this watch I have to put in reading glasses, pull back my sleeve and pull the watch around on my wrist. I'll probably give it to my granddaughter.
I like it. Very light, hardly know it's on. Very easy to set an alarm. It's so primitive-looking I joke that wearing it makes me feel like John the Baptist.
on September 16, 2016
Like its variant the F91 W, this Casio F105 W is classic 90's digital watch. Some have complained that the illumination button is on the left side buttons instead of the right, but I'm left handed so it works out fine.

It's an extremely light weight Made in Thailand watch. For less than $14, the value is there. It has all the functions of a basic digital watch: 24 hour mode, day/date, stopwatch, alarm, hourly beeps, Night Illuminator. The Night Illuminator is a spectacular coral color. The only thing missing is a countdown timer. It's not as Feature-rich as many G-Shocks and Tough Solars in Casio's line, but this watch debuted far earlier than those watches, so its understandable. Its a piece of Horology history...that you can own for under $15!

By today's standards, the watch face is a bit small....that's the only drawback.
on July 10, 2017
I used to consider this watch akin to "buy it for life" - they'd take a lot of abuse and last for years. I wore them in the shower, floating the river, working out, etc. This watch was my trusty companion and I'd replace it every few years when the screen got too scratched.

Two months ago I replaced my watch again, and it failed within a few weeks after a swim in a lake (less than 3 ft. submerged). That was unexpected..but almost understandable given the "water resistant" rating (not waterproof). So I bought another watch last week, and it's already dead. Not sure if they switched factories, suppliers, or processes, but Casio fooled me twice - I'm currently looking for a new brand/model for a cheap, simple, reliable watch.
on March 3, 2017
Great watch. I have been wearing one of these for years now. Easy to program; never worry about getting wet - I always swim with one of these with no problem and a real bargain today. The only small problem is that after about 5 years the control switches begin to get inoperative. so I just buy another watch. $14 for a wonderful, reliable instrument that works perfectly for five years around the clock is a bargain in my book!
on September 16, 2017
This is my third one of these watches. They last me about 3 or 4 years till the watch band weakens over time then breaks but the time piece still works. I started wearing them because I worked in electrical panels and these watches a pretty non conductive. Less chance of getting shocked. I also like the backlight display at night. Much easier to push the backlight button in the dark rather than pulling the phone out of my pocket to check the time. Also use the stop watch to time things that I need to keep track of a set amount of time so I don't have to remember what time I started at. The cost is very reasonable for what you're getting. Watch band is close to the cost of the whole watch so replacing the whole watch is a no brainer.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.