Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Casio Men's F108WH Illuminator Collection Black Resin Strap Digital Watch
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now

on September 15, 2011
I just received this watch today after ordering it on Amazon and all I can say is WOW! A great, back to basics, easy to read watch at a stellar price. I've been wearing G-Shocks for years but they are now getting so big that I feel like they should be on my ankle (reporting my location to a parole officer) rather than on my wrist. For all the size, indestructibility, and various functions of the G-Shock most of us still just use it to tell time. Do we really need a watch that can survive falling from buildings, submersion to 20,000 feet, explosions, fire, floods, and locust? probably not. When this watch came out I was really please that Casio was making a watch with the basic time telling features, in a smaller, lighter package and at a reasonable cost. The watch looks great! It's not too busy or juvenile looking and the face layout is logical and simple. The size is perfect! It's big enough to be easy to read but is very light on the wrist. It's very very comfortable and the band is finally big enough for a full size guy. The lug width looks like its either 16 or 18mm's so it will be easy to find replacement bands for it. Overall I think Casio has a real winner here!

UPDATE: I've now had this watch seven months and its still going strong! The paint on the top and bottom of the bezel is gone, but the watch looks fine without it. There are a few scratches but this is to be expected. This has become by everyday go-to watch. I wear it to work and pretty much all the time unless I'm getting dressed up for something. Still love the simple things in life!
on August 23, 2011
Positives:
-lightweight
-comfortable
-similar to the 5600's without the bulk
-price
-large digits, great legibility
-long strap for larger wrists
-mineral crystal

Negatives:
-no count down timer, but I don't care.
-paint on face is coming off after about a year.

Great watch.
on January 9, 2015
For years I have used and loved Casio watches--but not anymore. I purchased the F108WH watch in late November, 2014. In early January, 2015, the plastic piece that holds the watchband pin snapped off (see photo), rendering the watch useless. I would have considered the problem an isolated defect, but the same thing happened to a Casio AQS800W-1BV that I purchased in August, 2014. I'm not hard on watches; I don't bang them into doors or play extreme sports. I don't even wear the watch in the shower. After years of building low-cost, quality watches, Casio now builds low-cost, cheap watches. I wouldn't recommend Casio watches to anyone.
review image
on April 30, 2014
I own a fancy, $300+ GPS watch (from another manufacturer) that does everything and I love it, but when it comes to endurance, you can't beat this little Casio watch. About 3 years ago, I was helping a buddy of mine move and found the Casio in a drawer. I was like "Hey, you want this?" and he told me I could have it, that it wasn't that expensive. So I took it, expecting it to go dead at any moment. Boy was I wrong. Seeing as how this watch was my "beater watch" that I wouldn't miss if anything happened to it, I wore it to my first Tough Mudder race. It held up, then the screen blanked out after the ice-bath obstacle. I thought the watch was dead, so I tossed it aside when I got home. A day later, I hear beeps and it had come back to life. This watch has been through FOUR Tough Mudders, through mud, fire, water, and ice, and mile after grimy mile.... it is STILL alive and well. This little inexpensive Casio has outperformed and outlasted other watches I've owned that are 10 times the price. Yeah, it's a pretty basic watch, but damn if it isn't tough!
on June 16, 2015
Incredible Value. Lower profile than a G-Shock and super light weight. Also, larger digits than most G's. My G-Shock was always catching on my sleeves under cold weather dress, this is much smoother. Resin strap and surround is less rubbery than G-Shock resin but still enough flex in band to handle hard use. Crystal is flush with bezel but haven't scratched it in a few weeks of hard wear. Illuminator is orange and evenly bright across display.
review image
The official statistics indicate that this watch should remain accurate to within half a second per month; but in the first month since I’ve started wearing it, it’s gained four seconds. That’s a pretty modest gain, meaning it’ll pick up less than a minute in an entire year, and since the gain is predictable, I can easily adjust accordingly. But that’s the first thing I think about when considering this watch, and something you need to consider in buying.

It has other, very beneficent qualities, too. For instance, it has a very narrow profile, making it a good watch for people working jobs where chunky mechanical watches are contraindicated. I work in a factory, and sometimes have to wrap my arms around heavy loads to lift them, so I appreciate the narrow, unobtrusive structure and flexible rubber wristband. It’s very, very difficult to damage this watch, which matters if time is an issue at work.

Also, though it’s multi-function, it has only three buttons, making for easy use. It comes with a manual, but it’s formatted really small, hard to read if you’re past a certain age; just experiment around, and it’ll work out nicely for you. The date function appears on the same readout as the time, so you don’t have to fumble with buttons to double-check today’s date. And the LCD readout is plenty large and legible, even for aging types like me.

In short, this is a decent watch, more desirable for practical use than fashion. For the dying fraction of us who’d rather check our wrists than fish out our cell phones whenever we want to check the time, this is a pretty handy watch. Though not for everybody, particularly people with fashion-conscious, sitting-down-type jobs, this is a serviceable, useful, unobtrusive, and reasonably priced watch for blue collar work. Which is what I need.
on August 1, 2015
While it worked, this was one of my favorite watches. Nice big numbers on the display, watch face is a good size for my wrist, extremely comfortable to wear all day every day. Unfortunately, it broke after roughly 2 months of what I'll call mild use. I wore it 5 days a week at work, where I sit in a stationary location and write things onto paper. The watch didn't see any harsh conditions or abuse, yet the band separated from the watch. To be more clear on the damage, the two receivers that hold the pin (which connects the band to the face) completely broke off the watch. When I have time I'll try to jb weld them back on. Being a big brand (Casio) I wouldn't have imagined they are using poor quality materials. Perhaps I have a lemon, or perhaps you get what you pay for. The $15 Casio watch isn't as nice as the G-shock. I have cheaper watches from Walmart that are going on 3+ years without any problems and am surprised it broke in this fashion. The particular product I received was a horrible purchase.
on June 13, 2016
This black watch has it all, the time, the date, the day and most of all the appeal. If you're like me, you want a brand you can trust and a watch with the name Illuminator makes you feel like the Terminator when wearing. When I think of Casio, I think of music and this watch is music to my ears. Now I sit in big board meetings with C-level executives and they look at my watch, they wonder, they ponder, how can such a successful man wear a Casio Illuminator. And my only response to that is.... Lebron James drives a Kia!
on October 23, 2014
The function buttons are almost impossible to use. Being able to change modes or stop/start functions while engaged in activity is hopeless unless you have the fingers of a four year old. The light is a dim glow that illuminates the dial in complete darkness but only marginally useful in twilight conditions. On the upside, it's cheap and pretty easy to read, as an activity watch, there are many better options for similar money.
on August 10, 2016
I bought this to replace my lost Casio G Shock classic which by far was the best watch I've ever had. It was indestructible. This watch is like it's little brother. Not quite as beefy as the G Shock but if this is like any other Casio I've owned, G Shock or not, it should hold up. Casio claims their watches are water resistant. That is a lie. They are water proof. As a diver I've found many lost watches over the years and Casios never had water in them. The last one I found, the G Shock Classic was on the bottom of a river. I wore it for at least 5 years every day and wore out one band and battery and who knows how old it was before I found it. Never took it off swimming diving or showering. Never leaked. The pros about this watch is its a little lighter weight with a slightly lower profile. The cons are the Orange illuminator light isn't as bright as the blue one of the G Shock classic and doesn't have the 2 second after glow which is helpful finding your way to the bathroom at night. This one still provides enough light in pitch black but you must hold the light button in. This watch also does not display the month in the date only the day with abbreviation of the day of the week. For example Thur 11 instead of Thur 8-11. If you have trouble remembering what month it is this could be a concern. Also the Lenz is not recessed so it may scratch more easily. Overall very good value for the money but knocked off one star due to the Orange illuminator lacking the after glow and brightness of the blue illuminator watches. It also scores high on the Geek factor so if you work at an engineering company like me that's a plus. My wife rolled her eyes when I showed her my new watch if that tells you something. I paid about $15 on Amazon. Great value!