Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 213 reviews
on September 30, 2014
Buy F-91W instead. Better buttons, better plastic, better quality, for nearly the same price. At first glance, I thought the only difference were the buttons between this F28W and the F91w, but it's not. There's all kinds of little differences and the buttons on the F28W are very hard to press, need to use a pick. I don't like the arm band on the F28W either, it's grayish not black. And the back plate is plastic on the F28W, where the F91w is stainless Steel, so it has a lower profile.

Link to F91W watch. Buy this one instead.
on November 19, 2013
I've had this watch for about two years and it is still going strong. My only complaint is that I wish it came with an illuminator, so I never can see what time it is at night time if I don't have my phone with me or whatever. But you cannot beat it for the price!
on February 25, 2015
I will continue to buy this watch over and over again. Its cheap. Its reliable. Its long lasting. Its simple. Love this watch!
on October 21, 2010
I can't remember the specific date when I received my first F28 Casio - but i do remember how. It was a christmas in my early childhood, and being from a relatively poor household, gifts were typically modest. Well, rather than giving me some socks or a few dollars to spend on candy like I would normally get, my family pooled some money together and bought this for me. I had owned some toy watches before, but this was the real deal, and I couldn't have been more delighted. I used it for well over six years, and through that time it took so much punishment that I am sometimes in awe of how much this little guy can withstand.

Well, after the sixth year I took it to the repair shop and with a heavy heart the repairman said it wouldn't be worth fixing anymore. I was distraught, but still kept it as a token of some fond memories anyway. Since then I have caved in to social pressures and bought fancy, overpriced things that were very showy and difficult to use. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I stumbled on my friend here, tucked away in a small moving box, and nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't realize how much you could actually miss a watch, or maybe I just missed the old days where things were just a whole lot simpler. I was absolutely thrilled to find that they were selling this watch on Amazon, and even moreso after receiving it. It's everything I remembered it to be, there's no confusing bells or whistles - just an honest watch that tells you the day, the date, and the time. No lights, no flashy gimmicks or stop-watches, or god knows what else they put in there these days, just good old-fashioned sturdy craftsmanship.

Sometimes the simple things really are the best things in life. Thank you Casio!
on March 23, 2008
This watch is just about perfect. Keeps good time, is easy to set and easy to read, runs for years on the original battery, costs almost nothing. No complicated functions most people never use. Too bad the strap breaks after a few years.
on November 9, 2008
IVE BEEN WEARING THIS TYPE OF WATCH FOR ABOUT 10 YRS NOW.FOR MY TYPE OF WORK IT IS PERFECT.I DO CONSTRUCTION WORK AND SOMETIMES MY HANDS WIND UP IN TIGHT SITUATIONS.THIS IS A LOW PROFILE WATCH WITH THE BASIC NECCESSITIES ON IT.I USUALLY WIND UP BREAKING THE BAND LONG BEFORE THE BATTERY EVER WEARS OUT ON IT.IVE HAD GREASE,CONCRETE,MUD,GASOLINE,YOU NAME IT,IVE HAD IT ON IT.IT STILL KEEPS WORKING.FOR THE MONEY.I CANT FIND ONE BETTER.MY LAST ONE MY BROTHERS DOG GOT HOLD OF IT AND CHEWED THE BAND OFF IT,I JUST ORDERED 3 ONLINE.( I LIKE TO HAVE SPARES).GREAT WATCH!!!!
on July 29, 2010
This is the perfect watch:

1. All information (time,date, day of week) fits on one screen; no need to push any buttons;

2. There are two buttons for setup, but they are flush, so they do not tear and wear the cuffs;

3. Very light;

4. Battery lasts several years;

5. Some of the commenters claims that to change the battery the watch needs to be taken to a repair shop. Nonsense, anyone who can handle a sharp screw driver or a knife can easily open the cover and replace the battery.

6. Allows both 12 and 24hour display;

7. Water resistant;

Over the span of 10 years, this is my second F-28W (I lost the previous one). Love it! If this one is lost, I will do my best to find and buy another F-28W. I hope Casio keeps making these! (I bought two, just in case)
on January 25, 2013
I had been looking at all the the retro Casio digital watches and settled on this one because it was the simplest and cheapest. Coming from an analog watch I wasn't sure I would like switching to digital so I didn't want to invest a lot of money in a watch I might not wear. I really like the fact that it has no bells and whistles; time and date are the only things to set, making it very easy to set once and forget about. The recessed buttons disappear nicely under the case and are not difficult to press when needed. I took off a star because the watch band is shockingly skinny by modern standards. The band is only about 14 mm across for much of it's length, making it look rather delicate and, dare I say, ladylike across the inside of the wrist. If you are man enough to wear such a slender band I heartily recommend this watch. However, if you need a massive timepiece locked to your wrist to assert your virility you should give this one a miss.
on November 2, 2007
This is the only watch that I will wear. Why? First, it's digital and keeps perfect time. Second, it's afforadable. Third, it's slim and light, not all bulky like most men's watches (btw, it makes a good women's watch also. My daughter uses one). Fourth, there's no alarm. [An alarm could set off an elephant stampede.] As the other reviewer noted, the strap always wears out before the battery does. This is the correct replacement band: Voguestrap TX1852 Allstrap 18mm Black Regular-Length Fits Casio and Other Sport Watchband
Casio, whatever you do, don't stop making this classic watch!!
on July 25, 2010
I own this very simple Casio and also the similar one with more features: alarm, stopwatch, timer, and second time. For daily use, this is my go-to watch. I wear watches on the inside of my right wrist. A flex of the wrist can sometimes depress the mode button on the feature-filled watch changing real time to alarm set time. With this more simple watch, there is no mode button, so inadvertent mode changes never occur. And it is very thin so it never gets caught on anything.
After about 2 years, the wrist band for this watch split transversely at the size hole that I use. Even if the band were easy to change (it's not), and even if I could find the replacement band (I could not), the replacement band would cost almost as much as a whole new watch. So for less than $20, I got a new watch. $10 per year for dependable time and day/date? That for me is the perfect watch.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question