Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Foo Fighters GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 188 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 213 reviews
on February 21, 2015
Flat profile, no protruding buttons, and a simple display with no superfluous features I won't ever use. I bought this watch seven months ago and have been nothing but satisfied with my purchase and I only ever take it off to shower... sometimes I forgot to even do that. It has become a default in my everyday attire.
As a side note, I originally bought it because I grew weary of pulling my phone out to check the time. I've never been a fan of pocket watches.
on October 22, 2014
This digital watch for its simplicity and low price is very attractive. For myself I'm not interested in a "sports watch" with stop watch functions, multiple time zones and remains waterproof on the many occasions that I dive to 300 meters. Owning to its simplicity the watch instructions are unnecessary -- with just two control buttons you can immediately set the time and calendar just on an intuitive initiative.

The "problem" with this watch is its small size. It is really more suited to a woman's wrist size than your typical hairy male wrist (...and note that I'm no Hulk Hogan -- just an average guy). Aside from my insecurities on wearing a watch that might be construed as a lady's accessory item, the combined calendar and time digital display of this watch are small. Or smaller than I'd like in facilitating a quick glance to update on time and day. Overall the watch is satisfactory, at this price point, but you may find the digital display size as less than comfortable.
on September 28, 2013
I have several watches, including an expensive mechanical watch, and this is still the one I wear every day. It's the best digital timepiece you can get in the price range, no doubt. And in my humble opinion the best digital watch of all. The battery and the watch itself will last a very long time, Casio's 7 year rating for the battery is probably underestimating it especially since there aren't any lights or beeps to drain the battery.

And when the battery does die, it's relatively simple to replace it (though instructions are hard to find). Take a sharp or flat metal object like a pocket knife or spring bar tool, insert it into the notch on the watch back, pop it open (very carefully). Then undo the tiny metal tabs and replace it. I suggest buying an extra watch to practice if the watch's longevity is important to you. Actually, buy several and you will be set for a long time.

The strap is comfortable yet flimsy, I suggest you either get some 18mm replacement resin bands, or better yet an 18mm nato strap. I got Clockwork Synergy's black and gray one and it looks sharp. The separated lugs on the watch body make it easier to insert a nato/canvas strap when compared to Casio's F-91w model.

I also considered the F-91w, but the extra bells and whistles to me just weren't necessary. I get by fine without a light and alarms. And the two buttons are recessed which I like a lot.

Yes, this watch and the band are relatively small, but that's how watches used to be and this way it won't get caught on things. Together with how feather light this thing is, you'll hardly notice it until you need it.

Amazon has a good deal here, and these watches have become harder to find in big box stores compared to the F91w. Casio seriously made an amazing, minimalist digital watch here and I hope they keep producing them. I will keep buying them on occasion to give away or use as desk clocks.
on January 25, 2013
I had been looking at all the the retro Casio digital watches and settled on this one because it was the simplest and cheapest. Coming from an analog watch I wasn't sure I would like switching to digital so I didn't want to invest a lot of money in a watch I might not wear. I really like the fact that it has no bells and whistles; time and date are the only things to set, making it very easy to set once and forget about. The recessed buttons disappear nicely under the case and are not difficult to press when needed. I took off a star because the watch band is shockingly skinny by modern standards. The band is only about 14 mm across for much of it's length, making it look rather delicate and, dare I say, ladylike across the inside of the wrist. If you are man enough to wear such a slender band I heartily recommend this watch. However, if you need a massive timepiece locked to your wrist to assert your virility you should give this one a miss.
on April 25, 2013
This is a watch. It tells time. Nothing much more to say. And, that is why it is so perfect for what it is. I love this little thing! It's small, I can wear it with anything..jeans...suit..cowboy hat...doesn't matter. It's a watch that no one notices. The battery lasts forever and a day so I never have to worry about that. Accurate to a fault. I set it twice a year when daylight savings time starts and when it ends. It is so comfortable that I forget its there. It fits under a shirt sleeve and doesn't bug me when I wear my motorcycle jacket and gloves. Big watches like G-Shocks look cool and seem tough but they are big and hit things. This watch never hits anything so its fine.

I have over twenty watches, this one is the one I actually WEAR all the time. There's no light, but that's not a big deal. I've lived without a light for years now and I just don't seem to have a problem turning on a light to see it. Because of the style of the case, its small size, and construction the thing is practically unbreakable. The only complaint I have is that the band is kind of flimsy. I spent $9 and replaced the band with a 16mm black nylon military watch band from Maratac and that solved that. So now I have a watch that I think I could chuck out of an airplane and it would be fine. Ten years from now I bet I'm still wearing this thing. Some things they just get right.
on October 12, 2012
A++

Legendary timepiece that lasts forever. No additional bells/whistles, and calculator junk you don't need. Only has two buttons that you need to press a few times throughout it's lifespan to change for perhaps timezone differences. Tells you day, date, and time, that's it. Just what you need in a watch.

Think it it'll be rendered useless by those phones everyone carries around? Well nobody brings their phones out when swimming or scuba diving do they? A watch lets people know that time is important to you. Every little boy feels like they've grown up when presented their first timepiece. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but so are you if you're here looking to buy a watch.

My mother bought this watch for me when I was a kid, entering middle school. I had it until right after finishing my degree at university, the course of TEN YEARS, RUNNING ON THE SAME BATTERY. On my wrist and the wrists of a few family and friends, I prized it for having been to many countries, including Costa Rica, Canada, China, Hong Kong, South Africa, and Dubai. There would be months where I wouldn't bother taking it off, even when swimming in lakes, taking showers, and even light scuba diving (~30 feet depth, salty ocean water). I've gotten some nice watch tans with this piece. I didn't even bother to take it off to sleep, like normal people would.
Understandably, over the years, I did have to replace the strap a few times, and about the last year I had it, the plastic part that holds the pin (on the actual watch, not straps) broke, so it would not even hold a strap anymore. No matter, I just let it sit in my pocket, like a pocket watch. There were some close calls where I thought I lost it, but it had always come back to me, until the last time, a friend lost it on a trip back from Dubai. I like to think that perhaps its still running in the possession of someone who's picked it up. One can only wish.

Well I realized that it's about time it retired. I bought a new one on Amazon. Its been about five months, going strong, and I expect it to continue hugging my wrist for another ten years at least.

Here's a story about strangers who happened upon each other only to realize what treasures they bore on their wrists.
[...]
Join the club, don a classic timepiece.

Do yourself a favor, BUY A DOZEN NOW, for all your little nephews and nieces. They'll know what its worth years down the line when they realize they're still counting time by it.
on June 5, 2014
I have never been a connoisseur of watches so I love what this one offers: the time of course, the day of the week, the date, and that's it. Personally I can't ask for, nor care for anything else. A watch is a watch, I never intend for it to be a computer or video gaming device. It does what it is intended to do very well, with no unnecessary bells and whistles. I have been wearing this model watch since I was 10 years old (I'm 30 now) and I never considered buying any other. I love that this watch is simple, accurate, light, relatively small, reliable and quite tough. It truly can put up with quite a bit of use and abuse. It is water resistant to a certain extent. Just don't press any buttons if the watch is submerged under water, and as long as the watch is not subjected to deep waters. Swimming pools should be okay, although not the beach if it's not a fresh-water beach. As some have pointed out, the time-keeping part of the watch will usually outlast the bands. If you're willing to buy new bands this trusty watch should go on for 5 years or even longer....or you can just get a new watch. You can't beat ten buckaroos! LOVE this watch!
on September 8, 2014
To quantify some of the complaints people have made,
this watch can fit a wrist circumference of 21.5 cm (8.46 in) at the most.
I got that number by laying the watch flat on a table and measuring the distance from the
outermost wrist strap hole to the tip of the buckle pin that goes through the hole.

Others complained about the strap narrowness. The strap is 20 mm wide where it
attaches to the watch body and it quickly tapers to a 13 mm width over a distance of
about an inch. So the wrist strap is mostly 13 mm wide.

Neither of these issues really affect me. The watch serves my minimalist needs.
Hence 5 stars from me.
on October 21, 2010
I can't remember the specific date when I received my first F28 Casio - but i do remember how. It was a christmas in my early childhood, and being from a relatively poor household, gifts were typically modest. Well, rather than giving me some socks or a few dollars to spend on candy like I would normally get, my family pooled some money together and bought this for me. I had owned some toy watches before, but this was the real deal, and I couldn't have been more delighted. I used it for well over six years, and through that time it took so much punishment that I am sometimes in awe of how much this little guy can withstand.

Well, after the sixth year I took it to the repair shop and with a heavy heart the repairman said it wouldn't be worth fixing anymore. I was distraught, but still kept it as a token of some fond memories anyway. Since then I have caved in to social pressures and bought fancy, overpriced things that were very showy and difficult to use. It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I stumbled on my friend here, tucked away in a small moving box, and nostalgia hit me like a ton of bricks. I didn't realize how much you could actually miss a watch, or maybe I just missed the old days where things were just a whole lot simpler. I was absolutely thrilled to find that they were selling this watch on Amazon, and even moreso after receiving it. It's everything I remembered it to be, there's no confusing bells or whistles - just an honest watch that tells you the day, the date, and the time. No lights, no flashy gimmicks or stop-watches, or god knows what else they put in there these days, just good old-fashioned sturdy craftsmanship.

Sometimes the simple things really are the best things in life. Thank you Casio!
on August 31, 2012
I grew up with Casio watches in the 80s. This is an awesome throw back, but it's also the best "don't care, just need to tell time and date" watch. It's ridiculously light and thin so it doesn't get in the way. I have small guy wrists and this is smaller than "manly man" watches but larger than girl watches. Perfect for me. I also have the F-51W and that isn't as nice to wear. This does NOT have buttons that stick out so it's very comfortable and don't poke your skin, and the band is super slim. It makes for a very light watch.

And I am here to confirm that yes, the Casio F-28W can be taken into the pool. I've swam and dove into 9feet deep water many many times with this watch and it has been no problem. I've never tried pressing the buttons while under water so I can't speak for that. But hey, it doesn't have any functions so there isn't any reason to press the buttons anyways.

*edit*

I've swam with this for probably over a hundred times now at an Olympic pool with chlorine. I also just did a mud run race with this yesterday. Still going just fine, no scratches or damaged wristband.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question