Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Three new members of the Echo family Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

on January 28, 2014
It looks far better in person than the photos. The yellow color of the plastic and the golden tint on the screen make for an outstanding piece. The only negative (?) is that it looks so nice that I don't want to wear this while doing anything out-doorsy lest it gets a scratch or the beautifully even matte finish gets burnished,...
How's that for a paradox: the most rugged brand of watch with so many useful 'adventure' features and I don't want to get it dirty...
11 comment| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 14, 2015
Yes, I love this watch -- I'm a devoted Casio wearer from way back. I have vision problems so I love the fact the face is large enough for me to read the time, day and date easily. Setting up was simple enough -- from that point all I do is put the watch in my window overnight for solar calibration from Denver -- update settings include standard to daylight savings time and back. Basically "set it and forget it" -- as long as you remember to put it in your East facing window at night.
I also love the color -- it's one of the colors of my Oregon Ducks!
It is "carbon fiber" which makes it seem almost weightless on my wrist.
Amazon gives an extra year of warranty on this watch which is great -- although with my other Casio's I've never needed to make use of the warranty -- they are made to last!
***Amazon did a lousy job of packing the watch for shipping.
on January 3, 2014
This Casio has improvements that I found needed in the 5 Casio's I have previously owned. The illumination button is so much easier to find in the dark. The screen illumination has the best contrast in the dark, making it very easy to clearly see the display. When I programmed the Lat. and Long. for my location it has been accurate to a minute or better for both Sunrise and Sunset. The only negative I can think of is the fact that this watch is only available in Japan and is not imported to the USA. The watch was purchased the night of 12/19 and delivered 12/24 at noon. Unlike the other Casio watches I've owned that all had acrylic glass lenses this watch has an inorganic mineral glass lens which is far more resistant to scratching. This is the nicest Casio watch I have owned.
on March 17, 2015
Simply wonderful, simply brilliant and beautiful and beautifully made wrist watch
on January 23, 2015
Now have every color rangeman. The yellow looks good. They are well made and worth purchasing.
on January 25, 2014
This is my second G-Shock (my first one is a GW6900a-9) and I am very impressed. The looks are amazing. I especially like the gold dial display; very unique. Backlight is very bright and the auto backlight function is better than my other G-Shock in that it disables itself in well-lit room to conserve power. The functions are great. When I purchased this I was not sure if I can get Imperial measurements instead of just Metrics since this Limited Edition version was only sold in Japan, however I am glad to report that it does. The face is not as large as I had expected. The only thing that I think can be improved upon is the band holder. Since it is metal it does not grip the strap very well and slides around too much.
on February 25, 2014
i think this watch is really good and i love it. this watch is so nice. i think everyone will like it .
on April 10, 2014
I purchased this 30th Anniversary yellow rangeman a few of months after I got the green one from a shop in Thailand.

From an Australian watch website with an equal price to Japanese and US websites and a verified Casio dealer.

They are both fantastic watches with the same features but different displays. The military green version with the negative display is unique with the blue back light but is slightly hard to read unless you have the auto light feature set, which I do and it works well when it should, you have too tilt your wrist to the right angle and no worries.

This Lighting yellow version is strikingly bright and sits like a beacon on your wrist. It is very easy to read in both bright or low light. I haven't had to set the auto light yet because it is still readable in very little light.

As the green version is suited for hunting or stealth situations, the yellow one is best for hi-vis situations like fishing or rescue or bike riding.

All the features work great on both versions, it's just a matter of getting used too the limits of the measurements the watch produces.

The sunrise is pretty spot on, the temperature is best done after some time off the wrist, the altimeter seems to vary accordingly but I can't vouch for it with hard facts yet, I will have to check maps to altitude.
The compass is quite accurate but a little hard to read. (Glasses coming for me I think!)

If you want people to look at your wrist then this is as good as any watch even twice the size. The gold highlights, the buckle, back and band holder are very nice.

The display is very clear and easy to read with the back light a little more golden yellow than it appears in the pictures on Amazon.

The watch feels solid and worth the money. Because it is the limited edition I will look after it a little better and keep it for a long time.

I will post pictures.

D
review imagereview image
The most obvious thing about this watch is the striking yellow color -- it looks awesome!! Hard to miss, by you or anyone else. But the gold-colored LCD display is very nice too, and makes the display as easy to read as it could be. The Rangeman sits very comfortably on the wrist, and the light button is in a perfect position -- can't be missed or confused with other buttons. The Rangeman is the first g-shock to have the "ABC" functions of altimeter, barometer, and compass, plus it also gives you a temperature reading -- and the units can be set for metric or U.S. measurements. The sunset/sunrise feature is very cool, and you can input the lat/long for your location for extreme accuracy. Another feature I really like is the one-touch stopwatch button, which immediately activates the stopwatch that can run for 1,000 hours!!! In summary, this is a very cool looking watch, it's very comfortable, and it has many great features. Like another reviewer mentioned though, it's one that I'd rather not drag thru the mud, even though it's made for that! I'll post a pic or two.
review imagereview imagereview image
on November 22, 2016
When I sold my kidney, I thought, do I want a yellow Casio or peace of mind.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.