BCA Month Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 16, 2015
Overall, this is a very solid time piece. It is very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. The only complaint I had was that the standard band is a bit too short for a larger wrist. To correct this, I removed the band and put my old nylon strap holders in its place from an older G-Shock. They were a perfect fit. So far, so good as I have no other complaints and these watches withstand a lot of punishment from my job. A highly recommended budget G-Shock.
review image
on September 19, 2017
I have a big watch collection, however I needed something to wear while working out, running, etc. that wasn't big or bulky and this more than fits the bill. I love the durability, light weight, easy to read display, and overall feel of this watch. It doesn't get in the way of your wrists natural path of movement when doing bench presses, push ups, or anything that causes your wrist to bend. I am very happy with this purchase and for the price it's a no brainer. Buy it!
on December 3, 2015
This is the watch. If you have been obsessively looking at rugged digital watches, and are cheap, like me, this is it. This is a mans watch. If you look like this guy in the pic, or have more than one friend who does, DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH. This is a watch for guys who do things. If you are a lover AND a fighter, this watch is for you. If you ever thought about being a cop or a fireman, this watch is for you. If you ever dreamed of going out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, this watch is for you. If your "watch collection" is 3.5 broken watches, this watch is for you. If you are at the point in life where you confidently meet other mens eyes and give the half up nod, this watch is for you.
Great deal on a great watch.
review image
88 comments| 277 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2017
Classic it is! I own several G-Shocks and this is a favorite. Comfortable, convenient/intuitive controls, stylish and timeless. Looks even better than the pix. Recommended!
on January 8, 2014
I bought this watch for my 11 year old son. After wearing it for six months the LCD crystal failed when he dropped it off his desk in school. No scratches, no cracks, no broken pieces, the LCD just started showing random black lines.

Since the watch was less than a year old, I sent it back to Casio for a warranty repair. Casio just emailed me that it would cost me more than the price of the watch for the repair. No explanation why the repair is out of warranty, just that it will cost me $64 to repair a watch that was only $45 new.

I will contact Casio tomorrow to follow up on this, but I can't say that I put any stock in the "G Shock" or that I would buy a Casio product again!

I contacted Casio and they agreed to fix the watch under the warranty. I have raised the review to three stars since they honored the warranty. I am hopeful that the other watch was just defective.
on October 12, 2017
works well, but hard to understand how to set the date and hours. Two many buttons to push and when you press the wrong one you must start over. The manual book is written to small to read and take me time to read it. Other than that, This G-Shock watch is great at a great price.
on May 22, 2017
Solid watch overall. The only two things I don't like are the inability to easily reset the countdown timer, and the fact that the old watches were easier to set by using both the start/stop button and the split/reset button. Otherwise this watch fits well and is easy to read.
on August 19, 2017
The G-Shock DW9052-1V is a great watch.Excellent everday watch that is built for the outdoors or water sports. I owned my last one for 15 years and it still works but protective guard came apart. Great price, fast shipment and built to last. Very dependable and good stop watch.
on August 15, 2017
Returned this G-Shock model - Did not care for the display brightness - It was tough to read - Resurrected my old trusty Suunto yellow Vector with a new back access door and battery - The Suunto has a large digital display and is hard to kill - Thanks for the read !!!
on April 3, 2014
I am pretty rough on my things. I got this watch because I keep breaking mine. So far this watch seems like it can take the punishment I give out at an affordable price. There are not a lot of gadgets, to compass or altimeter. Just a solid watch with an easy to read face. Date, stopwatch and alarm. I am still not sure what the round LED in the center is for. I think it is like a graphic version of a second hand. Not necessary. But the lit face is bright at night, the watch was easy to set and it seems like it will put up with the punishment I put it through.
Downsides: It is a little on thick side. Hard to pull my sleeve over it. And the nutty stuff on the face.

Overall, I really like it. I got it for a weekend watch. Now I am wearing it every day.
Time will tell if it is as solid as I am hoping. If the band is intact and the face still clear in 6 months I might change 4 stars to 5.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.