Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Prophets of Rage GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,541 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 2,833 reviews
on September 16, 2015
Overall, this is a very solid time piece. It is very easy to use and aesthetically pleasing. The only complaint I had was that the standard band is a bit too short for a larger wrist. To correct this, I removed the band and put my old nylon strap holders in its place from an older G-Shock. They were a perfect fit. So far, so good as I have no other complaints and these watches withstand a lot of punishment from my job. A highly recommended budget G-Shock.
review image
on September 18, 2017
I've owned two Casio G-Shock DW9052 watches - this review is issued having just received the second one. I believe the first one lasted ca. 5 years; its band broke while playing soccer as a goalkeeper (should have taken it off), and while still functioning OK I decided to buy a new one in account of the cost of replacing said part being higher (mind you, I'm from Argentina).

Having explained this, I consider my overall experience with this model to be quite satisfactory, which at this point would be stating the obvious considering I bought it twice.

A medium-size model within the G-Shock brand, comfortable, light, yet adequately sturdy and resistant for urban and sportly use. The four side-buttons as well as the central light button (the one with the big "G" letter inscribed on its surface) are of very good size, easy to locate and press even when not looking at the watch. The afterglow backlight is without a doubt one of its best features, providing superb luminosity and visibilty even when surrounded by pitch-black darkness. Additionally, the onscreen numbers and other information are easily intelligible.

I have worn this watch while swimming both in fresh and saltwater, and also when water-skiing, without observing any malfunction whatsoever. Couldn't test the water resistant feature on a serious depth, so I'm not in a position to comment on said capability.

Consequently, I would say this product offers a great value for money and is perfectly suitable for everyday round-the-clock use including sports and amphibious activities.
on September 19, 2017
I have a big watch collection, however I needed something to wear while working out, running, etc. that wasn't big or bulky and this more than fits the bill. I love the durability, light weight, easy to read display, and overall feel of this watch. It doesn't get in the way of your wrists natural path of movement when doing bench presses, push ups, or anything that causes your wrist to bend. I am very happy with this purchase and for the price it's a no brainer. Buy it!
on December 3, 2015
This is the watch. If you have been obsessively looking at rugged digital watches, and are cheap, like me, this is it. This is a mans watch. If you look like this guy in the pic, or have more than one friend who does, DO NOT BUY THIS WATCH. This is a watch for guys who do things. If you are a lover AND a fighter, this watch is for you. If you ever thought about being a cop or a fireman, this watch is for you. If you ever dreamed of going out like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, this watch is for you. If your "watch collection" is 3.5 broken watches, this watch is for you. If you are at the point in life where you confidently meet other mens eyes and give the half up nod, this watch is for you.
Great deal on a great watch.
review image
77 comments| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2017
Classic it is! I own several G-Shocks and this is a favorite. Comfortable, convenient/intuitive controls, stylish and timeless. Looks even better than the pix. Recommended!
on January 8, 2014
I bought this watch for my 11 year old son. After wearing it for six months the LCD crystal failed when he dropped it off his desk in school. No scratches, no cracks, no broken pieces, the LCD just started showing random black lines.

Since the watch was less than a year old, I sent it back to Casio for a warranty repair. Casio just emailed me that it would cost me more than the price of the watch for the repair. No explanation why the repair is out of warranty, just that it will cost me $64 to repair a watch that was only $45 new.

I will contact Casio tomorrow to follow up on this, but I can't say that I put any stock in the "G Shock" or that I would buy a Casio product again!

I contacted Casio and they agreed to fix the watch under the warranty. I have raised the review to three stars since they honored the warranty. I am hopeful that the other watch was just defective.
on August 15, 2017
This is the second watch of this very model that I own. The plastic casing and band on the first finally dried out and disintegrated after 20 years of daily use/abuse in all kinds of weather and conditions. The "works" on the other hand continued to work in all that time with only a battery replacement about every 5 years. The alarm tone stopped working after 12 years. So, you can see why I wanted another one for my daily watch. I looked at the various styles to see what was new, but kept coming back to the ol' reliable. Hopeful that I'll get another 20 years of use!
on May 22, 2017
Solid watch overall. The only two things I don't like are the inability to easily reset the countdown timer, and the fact that the old watches were easier to set by using both the start/stop button and the split/reset button. Otherwise this watch fits well and is easy to read.
on August 19, 2017
The G-Shock DW9052-1V is a great watch.Excellent everday watch that is built for the outdoors or water sports. I owned my last one for 15 years and it still works but protective guard came apart. Great price, fast shipment and built to last. Very dependable and good stop watch.
on September 14, 2017
The title says it all, real casio g-shock. People complain about it being to fragile ( thinking its fake) but obviously if you tteat it like crap, chances are it will work like crap. Has been in use for 8 months now and doesn't seem a day older than when it came out of its box. Remember, water resistant, NOT water-proof.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.